Contemporary Garden Wing

I was originally planning a vist for Sep 24-30 at the new Bay Lake Tower, but because of some work related issues I had to reschedule it for August 24-28. Mind you I already paid over 500 deposit to Disney and bought my Jet Blue tickets and now have to pay 300 to change them for my wife, daughter and myself.

So because of the much sooner date, the not so ideal time and the money I am going to have to waste on changing the tickets I have changed over to the Contemporary Garden Wing. I checked All Ears and the review for the Garden Wing is pretty mixed, some people hated it, some didnt mind but one thing I noticed was that many, many people were upgraded to the Tower without even asking. Why is that, and should I just wait till I get there to see, or if my budget affords it make the upgrade at a later date?

Also what can I expect going Aug 24-28 instead of Sep 24-30? Is it much hotter, more hurricanes, crowded, etc..?

Last year I came down Sep 9 to the 16 and stayed at AKL, but had to worry about several hurricanes in the area, and thought the hotel was way to far from the kingdom. Other than that we loved the trip.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tiggerfanatic

Splurged & booked a MK view tower room in 2007 thinking I wouldn't be back for awhile, and absolutely loved it! The rooms are sleek and modern, and loved the proximity to The MK & Epcot.

Circumstances came together in that we were able to return in '08 - got a free dining pin code offer that was only good on a Garden Wing room. Don't know whether it was due to crowds or my lovely smiling face, but we were upgraded to the tower again, with a MK view.

To make a long story short, we actually spent some time in the pool and on the beach this time as we had small children with us, and I can see that the Garden wing is closer to those amenities. So if you are traveling with kids, you may like the Garden better than the tower.

Upvote 0

Wendy517

We (DH and I) have always enjoyed the Garden Wings (North Garden Wing especially, before it was torn down), because they tend to be a little quieter. We have stayed in the Tower rooms as well. The Garden Wing is further to walk, but you don't have to wait in line for the elevator (pretty much an even trade). It's further to go for food and snacks, but closer to pools. All the rooms are decorated the same, so no advantage to either location. I suggest you book the Garden Wing, and when you check in, if the budget allows (and you don't get a FREE upgrade), ask if any Tower Rooms are available...the Bay Lake view is very peaceful, but MK view allows you to watch Wishes from your balcony (without the music).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom