Contemporary Bay View

bamillerpa

I would love to stay at the Contemporary with a theme park view but since it's very expensive I would probably end up with a view of the Bay (I think that's what the other side of the CR view is called). Are the any benefits to staying on that side besides cost? Do you get to see anything that is great that you wouldn't see from the theme park view side?

Tinkerbell397

I have stayed on both sides of the tower. I believe that the "bay" side as you stated has a view of the pool. The MK side of course has a view of the park and maybe the fireworks. I have never heard the monorail until I open my door. If you are concerned about noise from the monorail or Chef Mickey, request as high in the tower as possible. The CR is my favorite resort for so many reasons including proximity to the MK...you can walk or monorail. You can also hop the monorail to have breakfast as the Poly (yummy pineapple-macadamia nut pancakes) or the GF. Very convenient! It always feels like home to me when I stay there.

Upvote 0

dvcnut

I prefer the view of the lake over MK. The lake is more serene and you get a great vantage point for the water pageant. I had a partial theme park view once and although I could see the castle and Space Mountain, I also saw a lot of roofs and parking lots.

Upvote 0

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The back side of CR has views of the lake and pool. The lake has a marina so you will see some boats and in my opinion is a really nice view. Very scenic and peaceful You also can see the boat light show thing they do each night which is pretty cool. On the flip side seeing the MK from your room and also the fireworks is pretty awesome. We stayed at BLT recently in a MK view room and the kids loved watching the monorail go by our window too. Contemporary is a great resort either way. If you stay for fireworks at MK and the whole park is emptying out you have just a short walk back to your room. No waiting for buses or boats. Can't beat that.

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

Original Poster
I want the theme park view so badly! I haven't stayed there since I was little and I remember loving it but not much else. I would love to experience it as an adult. I guess I'm just trying to convince myself that the other side will be just as nice but just in a different way lol.

Upvote 0

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I understand where you are coming from.

I stayed in a garden wing room as a kid and I really, really wanted to try the MK view rooms. We ended up buying into DVC at BLT and this was our first trip there with a MKV room. It is amazing. The cost difference is pretty steep for the view.

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

One thing you do get when staying in a Tower - Bay Lake View is also being able to see Illuminations from Epcot. Now it's still off in the distance and nothing like watching them from the Epcot Resorts, but you can still make them out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom