Construction walls up along Grand Avenue at Hollywood Studios. New snack stand coming?

UNCgolf

Retail at DHS is a disaster and has been for a while. It's a bunch of generic stores (other than Galaxy's Edge) all selling very similar items with the theme stripped away entirely beyond the facades, and that's not even counting all the closed locations.

At an earlier point in the park's history, the retail worked to enhance the park's overall theme -- Sid Cahuenga's was the obvious stand out, but basically everything in the Hollywood Boulevard area was themed.

Last edited:

hismattjesty

It hurts thinking about villians and vogue. I loved that shop as a kid, and miss it everytime i'm in hollywood studios. That and the photopass spot at the front of the park that used to sell celebrity autographs and memorabilia.
Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind! Another fantastic store that would make a killing if things were priced appropriately. I still have my original unused 1970 Aristocats theater poster and lobby card set that I purchased there. Oh the memories......

tissandtully

Retail at DHS is a disaster and has been for a while. It's a bunch of generic stores (other than Galaxy's Edge) all selling very similar items with the theme stripped away entirely beyond the facades, and that's not even counting all the closed locations.

At an earlier point in the park's history, the retail worked to enhance the park's overall theme -- Sid Cahuenga's was the obvious stand out, but basically everything in the Hollywood Boulevard area was themed.
The Pixar store sells MOSTLY Pixar stuff but there is also the odd WDA merch, but it is mostly Pixar.

TeriofTerror

Keystone Clothiers use to have decent apparel, but now its a mishmash of Marvel T-shirts and anything Starwars thats overstocked.
I bought a black Mickey negligee in Mickey's of Hollywood in 1996 that I still love (as does my husband). Can we have more of that please?

aladdin2007

This. I couldn't believe the state of things yesterday, everything crammed into just two or three places and all the others still closed. No more indiana jones stuff anywhere, the main window displays are gone in front of the 5&10, they really need another bakery (like reopening the one next to the derby as mentioned above) but nope only the starbucks for the entire park and thats nothing to brag about in that chaos,,,, no more muppet shop, no more art of disney, writers stop is gone of course along with sids. In fact from what I saw there was very little merch anywhere they have cut everything in that park by more than half. And now unless I am mistaken the big runaway railway kiosk is gone at the exit, with a just a smaller cart of things down the way. The animation courtyard is a pathetic ugly mess of nothing....something has gone terribly wrong...and while this has nothing to do with merch, they completely moved the preferred parking clear to the opposite side with the regular parking, total waste of money.
And not just studios they have shuttered good shops at MK and AK too,,,but its most noticeable in the studios.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom