Construction/Demolition at Old Imageworks

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
When I saw the title of this my heart started beating really fast. When I saw the demolition of everything and the fact that it appears to be moving into the archives, my heart sank. The poster also comments in the video comments that behind where the Electronic Philharmonic instruments used to be (sob) there was an office with a large model of some sort. It's obvious the old ImageWorks is never reopening but also obvious something IS going on.

I'm on my iPad so I'm not sure if embedding will work but here's a shot...

I know lots of folks here are in the know (and some who'd like to be lol)... Who knows what's going on here?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
This is actually an old video that has been popping up for quite a while now. I highly doubt there is anything new in store for that area.
I saw a video taken fairly recently by someone who was up there on the UFW tour and everything was still in tact (i.e. the instruments for Electronic Philharmonic and the paint brushes from the paint area etc.). That was maybe 3 or 4 months ago i think. This was just posted this week by Flurbex and, while I know this doesn't necessarily prove anything, the fact that stuff is gutted tells me that it's relatively recent by comparison. I could be wrong but curious anyway. :)

meekoman

I had the video you posted confused with two others I've seen, so I was wrong there. Those two were similar, one shot at night and one during the day. It does look like some things were removed though.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Here's a video posted back in December. It doesn't show as much of the area but the parts it does show look pretty much the same as it looks in the current video
Ok so the video I saw of it relatively still intact was more than 3 or 4 months ago obviously. That must've just been when I saw it. LOL! Still... if anything, these videos put to an end the rumor that because everything is still intact up there it may be coming back. :D

wiigirl

I've got my fingers crossed. Here's hoping.

Me too! :oops:
75.gif

rkelly42

I am highly doubting there is anything in the works for the old imageworks, there might be some ideas out there floating around, but nothing that is going to come to fruition anytime soon.

DarthGrady

The amount of wasted space in Imagination is ridiculous (basically the whole pavilion) Just gut the whole place and start over! It could be a brilliant attraction. But this has been talked about no end

Agreed!

It's ironic that so little imagination went into creating the new Imagination pavilion. It seems as if the design team just gave up and said "that'll do!". The first incarnation of the ride and Imageworks was amazing and truly memorable. The fact that so many look back upon it so fondly is testament to that. The new ride is boring and forgettable; the new Imageworks is more of and afterthought than a stand alone exhibit. I agree that something has got to be done to make it a place of wonder and excitment as the original was. I just don't think Disney has any interest in it, which is the saddest part of all.

Its not all bad though, at least we have EO back.

Clamman73

That whole area is probably one of my great Disney memories from a kid. I also memorized where the onride camera was and always prepared to make faces for it.

I gotta dig up that picture or slide at my parents that my dad took of that picture of us - a picture of a picture. I believe that was where Dreamfinder was up above and looking through the film camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom