Connecting Studios

MaxsDad

Original Poster
We stayed at the Poly in a studio last year. I seem to remember a doorway near the entry that "led to nowhere". I suspect it connected to the neighboring studio.

Do you know if connecting studios exist at the Poly?

Secondly, I would assume that connecting studios at other DVC's do not exist, as they would only connect to a 1 bedroom for a lock off. Is that how you see it as well?

Tom

Beta Return
I can't say for sure, but I believe you're correct that DVC studios only connect to 1BR's. Except at the Poly where they only have Studios.

dreamfinder

Pretty sure that yes, except for the Poly where it is only studios, all the other studios are either stand alone, or connect to a 1BR to form a 2BR lock off unit.

Quoting DVCNews.com from here -> http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/polynesian
NOTE: Most Polynesian Deluxe Studio villas have interior connecting door linking them to adjoining Studio. Guests booking two rooms for the same dates can request connecting rooms, but the request is not guaranteed.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Yeah in general there are what is called "Dedicated 1br" and "Lockoff 1br". The dedicated ones are ones that aren't connected by a studio and the lockoff ones are ones that are. We've had both and especially when we stay in one bedrooms at Animal Kingdom because those were converted from hotel rooms in to DVC rooms and I'm pretty sure some of the new ones at the Poly were too. We never stay at the Poly because it's reallllly steep in points once you get out of a studio. There's just not nearly enough variety there. The studios are pretty spacious but I think it's weird they didn't have drawer space. My favorite studios are the ones at Grand Floridian. Those are also my favorite 1br's as well. My overall fave is still BLT though because of the walk to MK and the view. If we ever add on again though I would want to do it at GF. If you've not stayed there yet I HIGHLY recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom