Confused june2006

car4911

We are going to the world in june of 2006, we have already booked our stay. We are going to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Now the question I have is that, I have been hearing that building 14 is where everyone wants to stay. I recently purchased the Unofficial guide, and it stated that we should attempt to stay in building 18. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thank You.

dflye

car4911 said:
We are going to the world in june of 2006, we have already booked our stay. We are going to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Now the question I have is that, I have been hearing that building 14 is where everyone wants to stay. I recently purchased the Unofficial guide, and it stated that we should attempt to stay in building 18. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thank You.
Check out this map: http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/riverside.htm

As near as I can figure, buildings 14 and 18 face each other, and are both located next to the main pool and lobby.

Only difference I can imagine is that 14 is a few feet closer to the parking lot, and 18 appears to have a pond behind it.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

First of all, nice to hear from a fellow RIer.
We stayed at POR in June and will be back there this weekend:sohappy:. We stayed in one of the mansions (Acadia?) and our room was perfect! It was a bit of a walk to the restaurant, but the grounds there are so pretty that we really looked forward to the walk. We were pretty close to a bus stop then, but we had a car so that wasn't an issue anyway. We did explore some of the other buildings to see what else was around, and this time we want to try Alligator Bayou.
That being said, bear in mind that just because you request a particular building does not necessarily guarantee that you will get it, particularly in the busier seasons. But wherever you stay, you're sure to have a wonderful time.

Don't miss breakfast at Boatwright's (I highly recommend the Banana Stuffed French Toast!)

Upvote 0

dflye

Nemo14 said:
That being said, bear in mind that just because you request a particular building does not necessarily guarantee that you will get it, particularly in the busier seasons.
Also, the more specific the request(s) you make, the longer it may be before you get a room that afternoon.

Also, I've found in the past, if you request multiple things at once, expect something to get screwed up :(

Last time we stayed at OKW, we were travelling with two other couples who were staying in a 2 BR unit, and we were in a 1 BR unit. We requested non-smoking, close to each other as possible, and absolutely not a handicapped accessible room (my wife has a phobia about the locker room quality shower curtains they use, instead of the usual glass shower doors; have had to move rooms in the past because of it)

So, we get adjacent non-smoking rooms; just so happened that ours was handicapped accessible! :hammer: We eventually were able to move to a new room, but it was three buildings over from where our friends stayed.

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

We stayed December 2004 in building 14 and LOVED it ! Even the presence of the Pop Warner troops didn't mar the experience TOOOO much. (We really couldn't enjoy the pool, and FORGET the hot tubs ! Hordes of squealling pre-pubescent cheerleaders do NOT induce a relaxing mood. :lol: )

However, we loved the room so much that POR has become my new favorite resort. The shower had curtains, not glass doors, but were decorated with Brer Rabbit and we loved it.

14 is convienient to the parking lot, main lobby, and restaurant. I also HIGHLY reccomend the stuffed french toast.

enjoy !

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Do keep in mind that building 18 is currently a Smoking Optional building, there are no non-smoking rooms. Building 14 is a Non-Smoking only building.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

aaaaaahhhhhhh Riverside!!! Gotta love the place. I am partial to the mansions section particularly, Parterre Place. This Mansion is just a hop, skip and jump from the Main Building but is still across the river so you dont have a whole lot of people walking through your area. I will be staying in Riverside for the third time this year in December!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I'm really surprised that POR hasn't joined most of the other resorts with a "preferred building" upcharge.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time.........

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom