Confused about DVC reservation and borrowing

Kristopher Foley

Original Poster
Hi,
Im a confused new member and just bought a resale contract of 180 pts at SSR with December UY.
The contract I bought has 0 points coming in Dec 2017 (they were borrowed into 2016) and 180 coming Dec 2018. I want to make a reservation not in my home resort 5/30/18-6/2/18. What is the earliest I can make that reservation? 7 months prior to check in, less 1 day, so 10/31/17? If thats the case, Im confused because I plan on borrowing the Dec 2018 points but even though I am traveling less than 12 months before I am borrowing, will I be able to borrow the points for the reservation that is made more than 12 months prior to the UY they are deposited?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You can make the reservation at SSR for next May now by borrowing from the Dec 2018 UY points, since you are within your home resort window. You would need to wait for the 7 month window for any other resort, but you can still borrow the points at that time.

correcaminos

Hi,
Im a confused new member and just bought a resale contract of 180 pts at SSR with December UY.
The contract I bought has 0 points coming in Dec 2017 (they were borrowed into 2016) and 180 coming Dec 2018. I want to make a reservation not in my home resort 5/30/18-6/2/18. What is the earliest I can make that reservation? 7 months prior to check in, less 1 day, so 10/31/17? If thats the case, Im confused because I plan on borrowing the Dec 2018 points but even though I am traveling less than 12 months before I am borrowing, will I be able to borrow the points for the reservation that is made more than 12 months prior to the UY they are deposited?
Borrowing happens at the same time as booking the resort. So if you wanted to book now for your home resort you can do it now online or calling. You choose the points to borrow and it happens as you book. Borrowing points is all about UY only.

So your 2017 UY would really be Dec 2017-November 2018. Your 2018 is December 2018-November 2019. If you want to travel before December 2017 you would be out of luck as your 2016 points and 2017 points are gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom