Confused about crowd levels

WEDwayMemories

Hello all,

We are long-time Disney visitors, but we have historically taken trips in either mid-to-late November or in the fall. However, a job change means that we can't easily travel in those times. Instead, I've been looking at about the first week in Jan (something like 1/2-1/9) and early May.

I find that I'm getting mixed signal from the crowd calendars and Disney. Crowd calendars are generally saying that early January should be avoided because of New Years holdovers as well as the marathon, but early May is a great time to go. Hotel prices and availability seem to tell a different story. While not at value levels in early Jan, prices are lower than May and more importantly, availability seems to be great. In early May, availability is pretty poor, with the All-Star resorts showing no rooms available for several of those first weeks (at least for our length of stay).

Any ideas what to make of this? I'm really confused.

Thanks!

WEDwayMemories

Original Poster
I thought maybe it was that too, but when I tweaked the dates enough, I was able to find availability. I wonder if May is going to be uncharacteristically busy this year?

Upvote 0

John park hopper

My wife and I were @ DW May 3-8 2017 and the crowds were light during the week and picked up on the weekend. The average ride wait without FP was 30 min. The longest we waited was 75 min Toy Story. The weather was great no rain and 3 of the days were cool and later in the week warmed up to the upper 80s. We booked based on crowd calendar info which seemed correct

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

You cannot always make a direct correlation between Disney resort room availability and park crowds, there are many factors, including off site locations and guests

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom