(CONFIRMED!) Moana is going to meet in AdventureLand during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

ZimZim

UGH this is terrible, but thanks everyone here for being on top of the rumor mill. Now to start prepping my 5 year old that we won't see her in early May :( That's gonna be a toughy!

ZimZim

OMG shge is going to Disney World! you have to prep her for not meeting a particular character? Up until very recently there were not even current characters out...just the classics...

Wow @Bocabear - Has it been awhile since you met a 5 year old? That you already told they'd be able to do something and now cannot? She's still excited, we all are. But is it bad to set expectations for my kid who's been talking about meeting Moana for about 4 months? , man. None of us has ever been before - it's not like she's a kid who goes 2x a year. Disappointment is disappointment. I don't care that there used to be only classics - that's got nothing to do with this particular Moana thread.

Thanks for being judgemental. It is SO very helpful to parents everywhere.

Ryan H. Serowinski

And as of today, Moana is not doing any M&Gs for now at WDW....
Wish they got rid of Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight instead, why couldn't they replaced Olaf with Moana when the film came out and still was out even after promotion was not needed anymore :mad: you know what?, I'm done with this ^%$#%^%#, when I go, they better owe me a private M&G with her, or the CMs would have her for 10min M&G appearences at CharacterPalooza(which likely won't happen)in DHS

Bocabear

Wow @Bocabear - Has it been awhile since you met a 5 year old? That you already told they'd be able to do something and now cannot? She's still excited, we all are. But is it bad to set expectations for my kid who's been talking about meeting Moana for about 4 months? ***, man. None of us has ever been before - it's not like she's a kid who goes 2x a year. Disappointment is disappointment. I don't care that there used to be only classics - that's got nothing to do with this particular Moana thread.

Glad I could help! lol
I don't think I was judging...but perhaps preparing your neice for the possibility of not meeting a character might seem like an important thing if this is going to ruin the trip for her... I guess expectaions were completely different when I was a kid. If the Enchanted Tiki Room or Haunted Mansion were closed for refurbishment we may have been disappointed, but it certainly didn't ruin the trip... There is a lot to see and do...especially if it is a first trip...Namaste

MinnieWaffles

Wish they got rid of Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight instead, why couldn't they replaced Olaf with Moana when the film came out and still was out even after promotion was not needed anymore :mad: you know what?, I'm done with this ^%$#%^%#, when I go, they better owe me a private M&G with her, or the CMs would have her for 10min M&G appearences at CharacterPalooza(which likely won't happen)in DHS

......it's a college student dressed as Moana. They don't owe you a M&G just because they no longer offer a M&G with her.

Bolt

Wow @Bocabear - Has it been awhile since you met a 5 year old? That you already told they'd be able to do something and now cannot? She's still excited, we all are. But is it bad to set expectations for my kid who's been talking about meeting Moana for about 4 months? ***, man. None of us has ever been before - it's not like she's a kid who goes 2x a year. Disappointment is disappointment. I don't care that there used to be only classics - that's got nothing to do with this particular Moana thread.

Not to be that person but she was never listed on the calendar to be running through May so it sounds like you set those expectations yourself.

Kman101

That's the problem. While I know kids (and apparently adults) love to meet characters, and there's nothing wrong with that, they shouldn't be attractions themselves. It's why I slightly resent Enchanted Tales and Fairytale Hall ... one should be a ride and one replaced a ride. You shouldn't have to book a FP to see a character or wait in a 2 hour line to see them. JMO.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
@Ryan H. Serowinski just calm down you are overreacting again!

drizgirl

Just as an FYI for future reference (because I feel for you and your daughter on this). Disney tends to make character adjustments around the parks every April and October.

You do have to remember that most of the regulars around here have AP's and get to the parks with great frequency. It's a completely different frame of mind.

ZimZim

Just as an FYI for future reference (because I feel for you and your daughter on this). Disney tends to make character adjustments around the parks every April and October.

You do have to remember that most of the regulars around here have AP's and get to the parks with great frequency. It's a completely different frame of mind.

Thanks @drizgirl - didn't quite realize either. I hope the irony isn't lost on anyone ;)
We're missing her by a week or two. It's a bummer, and we talked about it, we're moving on (right after this post). Meeting characters isn't really our big push - she's just got a special thing for Moana. That's all - it's not like I'm a bad parent!

Next time I'll tell her 2 days into the trip and unleash the most epic tantrum on everyone! Mwahahaha!:devilish:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
LATE BREAKING:
Chip & Co, as well as Twitter user @DisneyMagicWDW have BOTH confirmed that Moana will be moving to Adventureland, and Star Lord and Groot have been confirmed to be moving into Moana's old spot! Although there is NO announcement yet, nor any specific information on where she will be moving to in Adventureland, there could be an announcement pretty soon by the looks of it!!! This is a developing story, keep abreast and stay tuned.
Source:
http://www.chipandco.com/new-guardi...-location-walt-disney-world-announced-266222/
https://twitter.com/DisneyMagicWDW/status/854394257599340546

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

LATE BREAKING:
Chip & Co, as well as Twitter user @DisneyMagicWDW have BOTH confirmed that Moana will be moving to Adventureland, and Star Lord and Groot have been confirmed to be moving into Moana's old spot! Although there is NO announcement yet, nor any specific information on where she will be moving to in Adventureland, there could be an announcement pretty soon by the looks of it!!! This is a developing story, keep abreast and stay tuned.
Source:
http://www.chipandco.com/new-guardi...-location-walt-disney-world-announced-266222/
You know this isn't CNN, right, Anderson? You write as though you are an actual journalist working for an actual news agency with an actual scoop.

If you were, all of your BREAKING NEWS stories followed by reversals would result in more lawsuits than Bill O'Reilly faces.

But you're just a Twitter fan.

Missyrosek

LATE BREAKING:
Source:
You do realize that Chip and Co. wrote an entire blog post based on DisneyMagicWDW's completely unsourced tweet, right? This is confirmation of nothing.

JohnD

LATE BREAKING:
Source:

Don't know if this is something to be excited about. Right now it just says "Adventureland" for Moana. At the same time, there is a rumor that Tiki Birds is closing. I don't like the convergence of these two news stories if you get my drift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom