Concerns About Princess and the Frog...

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Now the movie looks fantastic and the reviews are looking great but I'm really very concerned for the release date. Becase it opens nation wide on December 11, but just a week later Avatar opens. And avatar WILL crush everything else at the box office when it opens and I'm afraid it will take Princess and the Frog with it.

Any thoughts on this? Because I really want PatF to be a success so Disney can make more traditionally animated movies.

tiaragirl

I feel that they will appeal to different audiences. Parents will take their children to see Princess and the Frog but not to Avatar.. and you probably won't see many males who are anxious to see Avatar lining up for some old fashioned Disney animation.

I want it to be a success as well (we've got a group going after exams are over), and hopefully it will be. I love the old school princess movies.

EPCOT Explorer

I feel that they will appeal to different audiences. Parents will take their children to see Princess and the Frog but not to Avatar.. and you probably won't see many males who are anxious to see Avatar lining up for some old fashioned Disney animation.

I want it to be a success as well (we've got a group going after exams are over), and hopefully it will be. I love the old school princess movies.

Speak for yourself.:lookaroun:lol:

But I'm the odd man out, and you are right. :D Two Demographics that might clash a little, but not THAT much.

Wilt Dasney

I've read lukewarm reviews for the film, so it may not matter on the release date.
I really hope those turn out to be the exception. I'd like to see this movie do well. I don't expect another Little Mermaid or Aladdin based on what I've seen, but I really hope it's not a flop.

dxwwf3

I'm to the point now where I never pull for a Disney movie at the box office. There's no telling what the next hit might replace at the theme parks. I've regretted my ticket to Lilo and Stitch (although that change was going to happen with or without my $7 ;) ) and I'm affraid of what could happen if Princess/Frog is a hit.

Where I'll wait for the Blu Ray for Princess/Frog, I'll be there opening weekend for Avatar for sure.

Wilt Dasney

I've regretted my ticket to Lilo and Stitch (although that change was going to happen with or without my $7 ;))
:lol:

It also was probably going to happen with or without Lilo & Stitch, in the sense that TPTB would have taken out AE either way. Having a popular movie about an alien out a few years earlier just saved them the hassle of coming up with an original kid-friendly character.

dxwwf3

:lol:

It also was probably going to happen with or without Lilo & Stitch, in the sense that TPTB would have taken out AE either way. Having a popular movie about an alien out a few years earlier just saved them the hassle of coming up with an original kid-friendly character.

I doubt they would have come up with something original. That's a sin nowadays.

jeffk410

just saw the preview for avatar. It looks beyond wierd. Bizarr, but Interesting at the same time. I think both with succeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom