Compression socks?

fmingo36

Original Poster
Hey All :wave:
I keep getting ACTIVE.COM e-mails with discounts on a variety of running/athletic gear.
I've received a few for compression socks.

Does anyone use them?
Do they make that much of a difference?
Are they worth the $?

With the summer coming, they look they would be hot to run in.
What's your opinion?

Thanks!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I keep getting ACTIVE.COM e-mails with discounts on a variety of running/athletic gear.

Does anyone use them?
Are they worth the $?

What's your opinion?

Thanks!

I wear them religiously. Zensah is what I use. I've tried others and they are no good. Compressport from Australia are great and feel good but way too pricey. Going ultra distance, the blood goea to your legs because that's where the most stress is. But your heart and the rest of your body needs that as well. They help circulate the blood much more efficiently. They are essentially diabetic socks that endurance sports adopted and charge more money for! They work, trust me.

faw286570

I use them for recovery after a really long run, or after a demanding workout. The difference with and without using them is apparent. Friends use them during practice and races, and say they are worth it. The Active offers make them a great price to try a pair.

Texas84

I use the Zensah leg sleeves. They don't bother me in the heat. I don't really like the socks though. They don't stay put and they do get hot. Might just be me.

fmingo36

Original Poster
I wear them religiously. Zensah is what I use. I've tried others and they are no good. Compressport from Australia are great and feel good but way too pricey. Going ultra distance, the blood goea to your legs because that's where the most stress is. But your heart and the rest of your body needs that as well. They help circulate the blood much more efficiently. They are essentially diabetic socks that endurance sports adopted and charge more money for! They work, trust me.

I can completely understand your need for them.
I am wondering if it's worth it and would they benefit me if i'm only running 15-20 miles a week right now. (Of course, IF I decide to do the Goofy Challenge then I'll definitely invest in some).

MKCP 1985

I don't get shin splints, but notice when I wear them that I have more support in my shins.

I like them for longer runs but don't use them for 5Ks or even 10K races.

Texas84

I like them for longer runs but don't use them for 5Ks or even 10K races.

Same here.

I am wondering if it's worth it and would they benefit me if i'm only running 15-20 miles a week right now.

I'm running about the same as you. How do your calves feel after a run? Sometimes mine get a bit wobbly (Best description I can come up with). If you don't have any problems you probably don't need them.

lukacseven

Does anyone use them?
Are they worth the $?

What's your opinion?

Thanks!

I use the CEP calf sleeves, but not all the time. They're great for consecutive day runs, for after races, or for races if I'm feeling a little stiff or sore. I think they're definitely worth trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom