Trip Report *Completed!* The "pick a celebration and stick with it!" Trip Report :)

My husband and I have just returned from six wonderful days at WDW! The trip could not have gone better. I seriously did not want to leave.

I won't delve too far into the background here, because it's all in my pre-trip report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/because-im-driving-myself-crazy.882149/ Don't want to read all that? No problem. Here's the Reader's Digest version:

The cast:

My husband and me:
601059_10100448380134878_2125787055_n.jpg

With guest appearances by our dear friends Jason,Karissa, Neil, and Barbara (pictures of them to appear later).

The reason:

Pick one!

1) DH and I have both had weight loss surgery (the gastric sleeve, to be exact) and maintained our goal weights for over two years. For before and after pics, see the pre-trip report. He's lost over 200 pounds, and I've lost 130. We both have our health back!
2) I had been unemployed for several months and finally found a new job in January.
3) We were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary (May 27th, but since I teach, we couldn't go anywhere until after school got out).
4) Add numbers one, two, and three, and what do you get? The go ahead to stop taking birth control, that's what! :eek:

So, yeah... this trip was a "celebrating weight loss/return to gainful employment/wedding anniversary/conceptionmoon (yes, apparently that's really a thing- I had to Google it to get the name of it) trip."

And, if the trip had had just one more drop of pixie dust, I would seriously think we were dreaming the whole time. Maybe we were...

The when, where, and how:

On May 31, we drove down to Orlando from Atlanta and spent the night with our friends Jason and Karissa. They live just outside of Orlando and were kind enough to let us crash at their place the night before our check in so that we would be refreshed for the parks the next day. On Sunday, June 1, we checked in at the Pop at eleven and stayed there until Saturday, June 7, when we drove home.

And now, let the report begin! :)

cw1982

Original Poster
Congrats! Awesome news! My little miracle just turned 1. Having a child has been the most amazing experience of my life! Enjoy every second!

Thanks! I have to admit... it still hasn't really "hit me" yet. I asked a friend of mine when this would start to feel real, and her reply was "about 9 months from now!" lol... that sounds about right.

I have to admit, though, that walking into the pharmacy a few minutes ago and saying that I was wondering what I can have for allergies at four weeks pregnant (based on my last period) felt great lol... maybe the more I say it as time goes on, the more "real" this will feel? I guess we'll see. :)

seahawk7

Omagosh! I didn't see your report until now which is kind of cool because I went through the whole thing wishing you would say you got pregnant at the end. And you did! I am beyond happy for you and your husband. Your trip looked awesome. You guys make a lovely couple and I pray for your pregnancy to be safe and worry free.

cw1982

Original Poster
Omagosh! I didn't see your report until now which is kind of cool because I went through the whole thing wishing you would say you got pregnant at the end. And you did! I am beyond happy for you and your husband. Your trip looked awesome. You guys make a lovely couple and I pray for your pregnancy to be safe and worry free.

Thanks friend! :) I couldn't be happier... I had to spill the beans here because we decided not to tell anyone in our personal, face to face lives yet, and I had to get this out lol!

Doc Disney

First off, loved the TR it was awesome and you both look amazing! Second off congratulations! I read your TR in one sitting and from the beginning I was hoping you were going to say at the end you were pregnant (when I read the first big news thing about the job I was excited but also a little disappointed because I thought it was going to be about a baby haha)!! Congratulations!!!

cw1982

Original Poster
First off, loved the TR it was awesome and you both look amazing! Second off congratulations! I read your TR in one sitting and from the beginning I was hoping you were going to say at the end you were pregnant (when I read the first big news thing about the job I was excited but also a little disappointed because I thought it was going to be about a baby haha)!! Congratulations!!!

Lol... thanks for reading and thanks for the congratulations! :) I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't pregnant yet when I wrote the post about my new job, but honestly the timing is perfect. I can honestly say I got everything I wanted and more this summer, and I'm beyond thrilled and nervous at the same time.

Doc Disney

Lol... thanks for reading and thanks for the congratulations! :) I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't pregnant yet when I wrote the post about my new job, but honestly the timing is perfect. I can honestly say I got everything I wanted and more this summer, and I'm beyond thrilled and nervous at the same time.

I bet you guys will be awesome parents and I'm sure you are an amazing teacher! Nothing to be nervous about :)

disney4life2008

So, I have some even bigger news than what I shared recently about my career change! I know this doesn't really have to do with my trip to WDW, but it's sort of an update on something I've already mentioned in the thread, so I figured it was just as appropriate here as anywhere else.

You may recall from my first post in this thread that DH and I had agreed that it was time to stop taking birth control pills.

Well...

My estimated due date is April 13th!

That's right! This has truly been the most magical summer I have had in years... new job in a school I had been dying to get into (even moreso with people who really seem to think the same way I do), coaching opportunities, and now I can officially say I'm going to be a mother, which is something I've wanted desperately for almost a decade!

This is all too good to be true! It doesn't feel real yet... I'm starting to wonder when this will sink in lol.

Prayers and warm wishes are much appreciated right now. I'll admit I'm a bit terrified, but I'm beyond excited!

Congratulations!!! That is beyond exciting :)

dancingtodisney

I'm beyond excited right now, and can't believe just how magical of a summer this is truly shaping up to be!

Loved your TR and congratulations on your news! Me and boyfriend are heading back this year, I really do hope that some time in the future we'll have a couples holiday like this one, what better place to remember the magic that brought you together! :)

FlaggNL

Thanks :) I'm already daydreaming about booking our next trip lol. 18 weeks! I'll be watching for your report :)

Since the post in June time flys by :) Just 66 days to do! We have a PTR, maybe you saw it. And in the meantime we needed to go to DLP. If you wanna check it out a TR is here! :)

cw1982

Original Poster
Loved your TR and congratulations on your news! Me and boyfriend are heading back this year, I really do hope that some time in the future we'll have a couples holiday like this one, what better place to remember the magic that brought you together! :)

Thanks :) glad you enjoyed it! We couldn't be more excited. This last bit really cemented the magic that was this summer.

Since the post in June time flys by :) Just 66 days to do! We have a PTR, maybe you saw it. And in the meantime we needed to go to DLP. If you wanna check it out a TR is here! :)

I did see it! I'm up to my eyes in school and softball right now, but I'll definitely catch up as soon as I find time! :) thanks for the update!

FlaggNL

Thanks :) glad you enjoyed it! We couldn't be more excited. This last bit really cemented the magic that was this summer. I did see it! I'm up to my eyes in school and softball right now, but I'll definitely catch up as soon as I find time! :) thanks for the update!

School and softball :) A nice combination! and you are welcome!

cw1982

Original Poster
Update, for anyone who is interested:

I had my first Dr appointment on Friday afternoon. Baby is measuring about five days behind the estimated due date, but my doctor kept the original date since the two are within a week. Heart rate is right down the middle of the normal range at 148. I couldn't be more excited!

The only concern my doctor had is a small area of blood behind the placenta, but he said that most of these go away on their own and don't cause any problems. After doing more research on my own, it sounds like the size of the area makes a big difference in the outcome, and this one is about the same size or a little smaller than the gestational sac. Since the sac is still so small, I'm going to say that this clot is small too, so the odds of it going away are very good.

It does make me nervous, but since the heart rate is so strong and I haven't had any physical symptoms that should cause concern, I'm going to trust my doctor and assume that when I go for my next ultrasound in four weeks that the clot will be even smaller.

Thanks to everyone who has been checking on me, praying, or sending warm wishes in general! I'm still around, just don't have nearly as much time to post now that everything at work is in full swing :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom