Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Wow....that food at Tony's looks so much better than what we got there!! We have been disappointed the last couple of times. Glad to see you had a good experience there! It ALMOST makes me want to put it on my list for our 2019 trip, but not quite.

Its always good for a last minute reservation! If it fits into your schedule ever.

Did they complain to Disney about the Edison?? I would expect they deserve some compensation for that...some Disney Giftcards, or a redo at V&A on their next trip, or SOMETHING. In any case, Disney should be told about it! And they can't be the only ones who got sick from it! What did they eat there?

I think my sister did send an email. Not sure what came of it.

I was looking at that, too! Very cute! And I love that it actually has a waist. The trend over here is like that, but without any sort of tailoring to the wasteline and they just end up looking like you're wearing a pillowcase. I don't think they're very flattering on ANYONE. But, I see them EVERYWHERE, so I must be in the minority. This one is SOOOOO much cuter than the ones I see here!!

Thanks so much :hilarious:

That woman standing behind you in the picture with your dad looks very unimpressed by something. She is throwing some serious shade!!!

LOL! I noticed that as I posted the picture too

Aw, that's a bummer about the lens. Did you get a new one now?
So which would you say is better: Hoop-dee-doo or Backyard BBQ? We've never done either and we have heard amazing things about HDD, and mixed reviews of BYBBQ, so we have HDD on our list for this next trip.

I have not gotten new one yet but I will!
Funny my whole family picked the BBQ over Hoop Dee Doo - in my mind they are super equal ! I love both of them

KatieLVT

Great pictures of the BBQ! Isn't it so cute?! We have done it 2 times and they are the best memories of my son dancing with the characters. They must have changed it a little because both times we went (2014 & 2016) there were no tiers to pick from (just one basic price) and we were seated right away, no matter the time you showed up. Weird.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 - May 2, 2018
We got up at 7 am and grabbed some breakfast!
I had beignets :hungry: Not as good as real New Orleans but still pretty darn good!
IMG_6792.JPG

After eating we all finished getting ready and headed to the bus stop!
It was Bills day!
IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Anytime a bus came Max would always say "there's our bus!" even if it wasn't ours :joyfull:
IMG_0009.jpg

Epcot!
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

file-44.jpg

Next up: Epcot continued!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great pictures of the BBQ! Isn't it so cute?! We have done it 2 times and they are the best memories of my son dancing with the characters. They must have changed it a little because both times we went (2014 & 2016) there were no tiers to pick from (just one basic price) and we were seated right away, no matter the time you showed up. Weird.

Oh really!? That would have been nicer - or if we just paid for teir one and could get our pictures in right away! It was adorable though!! We said just yesterday we will definitely go back in a few years when Max is a little older (not that he didn't enjoy it but I think he will enjoy it even more when older!).

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
My Dad and Betta wanted to ride Test Track so they headed over there to do Single Rider (and ended up doing it twice!).
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411329236525.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411329236683.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411329424189.jpg

Meanwhile the rest of us went on Spaceship Earth
IMG_0016.JPG

While we were waiting to meet up with my Dad and Betta a woman offered to take our picture. She said how nice it was that we had an actual camera and we had a good laugh over how she probably would have died over my actual actual camera not my backup camera :joyfull:
IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

Our first FP was for the Character Spot - prepare for picture overload :):hilarious:
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411329633029.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411329633030.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411329633032.JPG

Mickey kept making some motions like he was eating Squirt which was weird o_O The CMs were like.....uh....Mickey you don't eat turtles :joyfull:

Next up: more character spot

lostpro9het

I gotta say, at first this pic made me feel really sad for ya'll. Then I started to appreciate what great home town sports fans your family must be to stick by your Bills for sooooooooo long through so much adversity. Living hear in the south for so long you can get corrupted by the ridiculously fair weather/closeted fans The ATL has. I love your commit to your team!

LeighM

I love the pictures of Max meeting the characters! So much enthusiasm and excitement LOL. Impossible not to smile seeing his interaction with them.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I gotta say, at first this pic made me feel really sad for ya'll. Then I started to appreciate what great home town sports fans your family must be to stick by your Bills for sooooooooo long through so much adversity. Living hear in the south for so long you can get corrupted by the ridiculously fair weather/closeted fans The ATL has. I love your commit to your team!

Hey now! We got into the playoffs this year, what is there to be sad about? :joyfull:

Hahahhaha I LOVE the picture of your mom and dad at Tony's!! It is so cute!!

LOL they are something else sometimes

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love the pictures of Max meeting the characters! So much enthusiasm and excitement LOL. Impossible not to smile seeing his interaction with them.

To think we were worried about him meeting characters is so funny looking back on it now. He LOVED characters!

Captain Barbossa

Hey now! We got into the playoffs this year, wh

If the Bills can get a Qb who's actually talented and consistent, I'm pretty sure they will make appearances in the playoffs more often. That and hopefully give the patriots a run for their money.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Random flower photos
IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

While everyone else went on Soarin' my Mom and I took Max shopping and to see the Cars topiaries. My Mom and I can take or leave Soarin' to be honest (the horror I know!) so we were happy to skip it!
IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

We met up with everyone when they got off Soarin' and headed to our last FP - Living with the Land!
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Next up: more Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom