Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

CaliKris

Thank you for sharing your sweet engagement story. My eyes welled up with tears as I scrolled through the photos. I am a sucker for a beautiful love story!

As for your Disneymoon, Disneyland makes a great pitstop in between WDW and Aulani. And then you are half way to Tokyo... And as long as you are in Asia, there is Shanghai and Hong Kong. Just sayin':)

Last edited:

Longers

Literally had goosebumps reading about the proposal, and then tears. I love a happy ending, I wish the world was full of good news every day. It's so cool you got pictures too, I can see how happy you both are in those photos. So genuinely happy for you both.
Let's hope it's not another 9 years before the wedding!
What a great happy story to start my Friday morning.

WASaMATTR

Hey Nicole Congrats again on the engagement. Funny that you said you may do Disneyland and Aulani as that what I did back in 2013. My wife and I took our 5th wedding anniversary to the west coast. We did 5 days in Disneyland and then 5 days at Aulani.
It was our first time in Disneyland and we really enjoyed the parks. Being only a visitor to Walt Disney World many times , I always wanted to visit. So I planned to do the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. Amazing. During the tour, I cried two separate times. The best part was to actually stand in Walt's apartment (atop of the fire station) and think that Walt Disney stood right where we were. I looked out of the window overlooking Main Street and for a moment took it all in.
Aulani was beautiful. It was a little bit of Disney in Paradise. In the morning the resort has a ritual to "wake up" the resort. At night my wife and I would sit out on the pool lounge chairs and relax and listen to the Hawaiian music. Just amazing. Not to mention that the island has Diamond Head, North Shore, and Pearl Harbor. (We didn't get to go due to the Government shutdown at time. )
If you like, PM me for some additional information/suggestions.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Fast Forward to December 19th, 2016

Joe and I started dating May 19th, 2007. I usually dig into him every 18th of the month and remind him that tomorrow is 9 years and 4 months, 9 years and 5 months, 9 years 6 months etc. etc... You get my point! LOL... Joe usually shuts me up by promising to take me out to dinner or to the movies (Finding Dory, Inside Out, Zootopia, Jungle Book... they were all seen on a 19th :p) So Sunday, December 18th it's our usual conversation and Joe promises to take me for sushi for our 9 year and 7 month anniversary. Phew! Thought we were gonna hit a decade before he popped the question! :)

So it's a typical Monday at work, it's crazy, and I am exhausted by the time I get home. I pulled into the driveway and noticed that our Christmas tree was put up with the lights on... We hadn't had time to put our tree up yet; we were seriously slacking. (post Disney depression I blame you)

So anyway I walk in the door and Joe tells me he put up the tree and I need to go see if he did everything alright. I walk into the living room and notice there is only one single solitary ornament, Minnie and Mickey as the bride and groom. I was super confused and turned to Joe to see him down on one knee. I honestly don't even know what he said, I think I blacked out. He was asking me to marry him! I don't even know if I said yes! I can't remember. Oh what a moment! :) :) :)

Joe had my friend hiding behind one of our porch doors, and she was able to capture the moment. What a little sneak he is!

After calming down, Joe informed me that I did, in fact say yes. And then he told me my bridal Minnie ears would be arriving in 3-5 business days. I don't know which made me more excited. :)

46B27EC4-3307-46A2-ACDB-D210EE3ABED6_zpsjks1t5xt.jpg

BBDA4E88-F178-4E4B-9C27-DE37EFC83611_zpshdgjlrrz.jpg

7750DD0C-11AD-455F-947B-DD61EDBC30CC_zpsm8nibpjo.jpg

217B7673-23DE-40F9-8906-534FFC1090F3_zps3xvpa6ok.jpg

6D9EB495-3DCC-453C-8F26-BF54F5601976_zpsnptassnv.jpg

F538B898-54F0-41B8-8F0A-C14CC85A81DD_zps7oy36bys.jpg

6154EA87-AFF2-4070-B21E-D8E16F965563_zpssrouw2li.jpg

0B438DFD-F558-4BEB-8EC5-0C4300D509A4_zpsi72kwhh7.jpg

C36CC20D-6BCC-4B7B-9C54-E4ACF9606403_zpsbxmok8ze.jpg

AC1B6475-C84B-4BE1-93EB-AD6D9CAEA5C2_zps2hhzwppi.jpg

4DF3D469-4CAF-4198-9E4B-BA46FA7C2945_zpszcgmmubi.jpg

1D44C73A-DBA1-406F-A93C-3761B4999DE7_zpsaz42k0yu.jpg

68E509C1-4F5D-458E-81B8-2715DC7A283D_zpsylyyyzmz.jpg

98096D8B-46EE-4773-BEE2-98BEC3FA4957_zpspyvap8jg.jpg

Of course I had to run and paint my nails! No mickey heads! Oh well LOL

25EC3BFB-7665-46A3-B6D1-4651065F9864_zpsc5wvfpfn.jpg

My fiancé! My real life prince Eric. I am so happy and so in love.

ABE74C7C-087B-40D0-8990-000EA54A0E37_zpsj6eftztv.jpg

145AA08E-605E-4548-90ED-E4731E0B5B4F_zpsncyhrz9v.jpg

My heart is so full of love. SO FULL. I love you all. Thank you for all your well wishes. I honestly could cry with how much I love my WDWmagic friends and I am so happy I can share a happy "middle" of this trip report.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

32CA190D-DA04-44C4-B68E-0346899E5185_zpsmdd6dtjg.jpg

OMG!! What a great engagement story! The picture that captured my attention the most was the one with your hands over your face in total surprise and amazement--that said it all. :happy: So happy for you and Joe.

awheartsdw

Mazel Tov! Very exciting news! Congratulations-your nails will be done all of the time now! When my husband proposed I was literally just out of the shower in a bathrobe with a towel on my head. He was standing at the bottom of the stairs, with "our song" playing in the background, my father video taped the entire moment (this was 1998 mind you, so it was one of those giant video cameras) and my mom stood there crying. Your proposal is such a great caught off guard moment! We did a Disneymoon-I think you can convince Joe. So very happy for you both!

Courtney6682

That's awesome!! I also ran and did my nails before posting pics lol!! My daughter and I went to Disney for her 13th bday in Feb of 2013. After landing at PHL we grabbed our bags, walked outside and there was Kevin down on one knee! He had been in contact with my daughter all week so she knew to have the camera ready for video and pix!

DisneyMorgan

CRYING!! :cry::cry::cry: But happy tears!!
I'm glad he still incorporated Disney into the proposal. What a great guy you have!
A gorgeous diamond ring AND bridal Minnie ears on the way?! I'm surprised you didn't pass out with excitement!

Congrats again to you and Joe! Can't wait to hear about wedding plans/honeymoon plans when they start to come together :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Omg :cry::cry::cry: real tears flowing over here! SO SWEET AND PERFECT! I think my favorite part is that he told you that your bride ears would arrive in 3-5 business days. :hilarious: I am sooooo happy for you!!!

I was also cracking up at your nails not being done because I remembered them looking beautiful in the picture you posted.. We are so much alike because that would have been my first priority as well. :D:hilarious:

Thank you so much, you are sooooo sweet! I still cannot believe this is real!

And of course my freaking nails weren't done! All that stressing over my Mickey heads and polka dots and Joe proposes when my nails are naked! Go figure LOL!! And I had to hurry and paint my nails, I don't even think they were dry when I took the picture! Glad I am not alone in my priorities! Haha!!!! :oops::p:D

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your sweet engagement story. My eyes welled up with tears as I scrolled through the photos. I am a sucker for a beautiful love story!
As for your Disneymoon, Disneyland makes a great pitstop in between WDW and Aulani. And then you are half way to Tokyo... And as long as you are in Asia, there is Shanghai and Hong Kong. Just sayin':)
Haha, now that sounds like my kind of honeymoon! Muhaha! I knew I came on these forums for helpful tips.. LOL.. Thank you for reading! I am sooooo happy!!! :) :) :) :)

Literally had goosebumps reading about the proposal, and then tears. I love a happy ending, I wish the world was full of good news every day. It's so cool you got pictures too, I can see how happy you both are in those photos. So genuinely happy for you both.
Let's hope it's not another 9 years before the wedding!
What a great happy story to start my Friday morning.
Thank you so so much Tracey! I am seriously on cloud 9. I never knew I could be this happy in the real world! Ha! I wish the world was full of good news everyday too! And it cannot be another 9, I won't let it! If I can squeeze Disney into my honeymoon you know I'd be getting married tomorrow. LOL! Thank you so much for reading and commenting!! :)

Hey Nicole Congrats again on the engagement. Funny that you said you may do Disneyland and Aulani as that what I did back in 2013. My wife and I took our 5th wedding anniversary to the west coast. We did 5 days in Disneyland and then 5 days at Aulani.
It was our first time in Disneyland and we really enjoyed the parks. Being only a visitor to Walt Disney World many times , I always wanted to visit. So I planned to do the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. Amazing. During the tour, I cried two separate times. The best part was to actually stand in Walt's apartment (atop of the fire station) and think that Walt Disney stood right where we were. I looked out of the window overlooking Main Street and for a moment took it all in.
Aulani was beautiful. It was a little bit of Disney in Paradise. In the morning the resort has a ritual to "wake up" the resort. At night my wife and I would sit out on the pool lounge chairs and relax and listen to the Hawaiian music. Just amazing. Not to mention that the island has Diamond Head, North Shore, and Pearl Harbor. (We didn't get to go due to the Government shutdown at time. )
If you like, PM me for some additional information/suggestions.
That sounds sooooooo beautiful. What great memories to have! I will definitely look into everything you mentioned! It would be a dream! Your trip sounds like a dream come true! Thank you so much for the tips, and for the congrats! I am so thrilled I will have 5 year anniversaries, and 10 year anniversaries, and so many more celebrations to spend in Disney! LOL

OMG!! What a great engagement story! The picture that captured my attention the most was the one with your hands over your face in total surprise and amazement--that said it all. :happy: So happy for you and Joe.
Thank you sooooooooo much. I was in such shock and I guess that what my first reaction! I am so glad my friend was there to get the pictures! They crack me up! :D:D:D

Mazel Tov! Very exciting news! Congratulations-your nails will be done all of the time now! When my husband proposed I was literally just out of the shower in a bathrobe with a towel on my head. He was standing at the bottom of the stairs, with "our song" playing in the background, my father video taped the entire moment (this was 1998 mind you, so it was one of those giant video cameras) and my mom stood there crying. Your proposal is such a great caught off guard moment! We did a Disneymoon-I think you can convince Joe. So very happy for you both!
Thank you! And I think the best proposals are those that are a surprise! The emotions are just so raw and real! I would kill to see your video! LOL.. I am working on it, I'll Disney in there somewhere! I mean he DID propose to a Disney addict, LOL :happy::happy::happy::happy: What else can he expect?!

That's awesome!! I also ran and did my nails before posting pics lol!! My daughter and I went to Disney for her 13th bday in Feb of 2013. After landing at PHL we grabbed our bags, walked outside and there was Kevin down on one knee! He had been in contact with my daughter all week so she knew to have the camera ready for video and pix!
What a sneak your husband is! Smart man! I am glad I am not the only girl who thinks of her nails! I couldn't post all these pictures with naked nails! Oh the horror LOL... glad we are alike! :) :) And I love your story!!

:bawling::cry::joyfull::jawdrop::inlove::D I can't handle this!!! So sweet, so special, so exciting. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous, he did good for sure. And what a sweet way to propose, I absolutely love that idea. Congratulations again. Can't wait to hear all that develops from here!
Thank you sooooo much! It was a dream come true! I love that it was intimate and he still incorporated Disney! I honestly can't stop staring at my hand. I am so full of love!! :):):)

Yes, he did good. It was still a 'Disney proposal' but more personal and intimate. Great story! And you both look so happy.
Merry Christmas!
Thank you! I am over the moon with happiness! And I hope you have the Merriest Christmas too!!! :D:D:D

CRYING!! :cry::cry::cry: But happy tears!!
I'm glad he still incorporated Disney into the proposal. What a great guy you have!
A gorgeous diamond ring AND bridal Minnie ears on the way?! I'm surprised you didn't pass out with excitement!

Congrats again to you and Joe! Can't wait to hear about wedding plans/honeymoon plans when they start to come together :)
I was shaking with excitement, which is almost as good as passing out! LOL.. Thank you so much! I am still waiting for my ears, is it sick that I am super excited for this part of my engagement? Those ears that I have ogled at for years will finally be mine! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Beautiful engagement story! Joe did good ;)
Thank you! I have to agree! He did awesome!!!

Awesome story. Best of luck.
Thank you soooo much :):):):):):):):):):)

THAT PROPOSAL!!! Tearing up. What a perfect way to ask, so intimate but with disney still involved. Its seriously just so perfect!!!! and I am dying over the fact he already bought you bride ears, that is GOALS right there!
When he told me the bride ears were already on the way, I just about melted into the floor. Guess he does know me after all! All my incessant Disney chatter is actually making it's way into his brain! LOL... thank you sooooo much!!!

Aww! That was SUCH a sweet proposal! I wonder if he got the ornament while you were down in Disney... I love how he even thought to have your friend there to take pictures of it happening. That was very thoughtful because I'd definitely want pics. He did good!
I was so surprised he thought of having my friend there to take pictures! Kudos Joe! LOL... and I was wondering that too! We did most of our shopping in mousegears on our last day, and we did pay at different times... I wonder if they sell it there? That little sneak! He did tell me he had the ring for awhile, so maybe this was his evil plan after all! Thank you so much :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 10th

Back to our regularly scheduled trip report :p

The weather could not have been more perfect on this lovely November day. It was already in the mid 70s when I woke up, and decided I was hungry. You may be saying, didn’t you just eat a full on pasta dinner less than 12 hours ago? And you may be right, but big girls gotta eat! Besides, what’s better than to stuff yourself silly before having to put on a bathing suit?! Yep! It’s water park day!!! :) :) :) :)

From going to bed at a senior citizen hour the night before, I was up and at ‘em. I let Joe sleep while I fetched us some breakfast.

BD722066-BA2C-443E-A3D6-C62F88345B53_zpsh3vbi9an.jpg

Couldn’t have picked a better day to plan for Typhoon Lagoon!

D6A9525A-C12C-469D-A673-F2EDD6E87A95_zpsqmzkxhme.jpg

I brought this glorious platter back to our room. MICKEY WAFFLES MAKE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD OKAY.

F62ACDB5-CDCC-4EA4-88A7-AC52376A4B7E_zpsnzefn8nm.jpg

And, it’s a miracle I was even served looking like this hot mess!

C0622543-B244-4A28-BF31-53E031ED16E5_zpsipdo5c9y.jpg

No wonder Joe didn’t propose on the trip! Look at that morning face LOL

I tried to scarf it all down without sharing, but the smell of bacon woke Joe up. Booooo! He joined in on our platter before we got ready for our WATER PARK DAY!

08D28BDA-5580-4E1C-8303-AB8F62A742E0_zps6a0tlzgd.jpg

At first I was sad that Blizzard Beach was the one down for refurbishment this year. I have yet to get there! And I feel I cannot truly be a Disney certified addict if I have not yet experienced one of the water parks! UGH! Work with me Disney! But in the end, I am glad Joe and I went to Typhoon Lagoon, because this may have been the day we laughed the most. There's just something with that Disney water!

As we walked to the bus depot, I snapped these pictures. These trees fascinated me for some reason. I don’t know what they are, or what is growing on them, but they made us really feel like we were in the South! I kept singing the Popeye's commercial, LOU-SEE-ANNA Fast. It’s all in the details. Have I said this before? :)

376702E6-67DA-4C01-BFEB-48B8E0029B11_zpsy5ku6gek.jpg

4B5FF5EA-2728-45BC-9794-7E11FFF99B76_zpsvu0e7gkj.jpg

I had feared for months that it would downpour on this day, just because I had designated it “water park day.” I kept telling myself I would be flexible if the weather didn’t cooperate, but lucky for us it did! It was hot and sunny!

Look how cute in our matching sunglasses :p
78607E49-E2C5-4FCD-A693-89E579C3FF43_zps1lvx23s5.jpg

The whole bus going to Disney Springs first ordeal was a bit annoying, but it didn’t take us that long to get to our final destination. A tropical paradise ruined by a typhoon? Bring on the waves!

I had ordered a cheapy waterproof camera off Amazon before this trip. It was definitely cheap, but the pictures are hysterical. I think it had a 1 minute delay before it actually took a photo but we still caught some quality memories. Quality photos, well that’s a whole different story. :p

We first went on some slides before heading over to the wave pool. We rode Gangplank Falls, and Mayday Falls, and I think Keelhaul Falls, they all seem to blend together at the moment. We were cracking up, my abs were getting in a workout! Slides with tubes are my friend.

After sliding ourselves silly, we headed over to the wave pool. The water parks in November are AMAZING. Compared to my summertime visit, the park seemed dead! We didn't have to wait for anything, and the wave pool had room to spare!

DSCF0016_zps789vm6ix.jpg

DSCF0015_zps6mkdwzxz.jpg

DSCF0020_zps3ihdgxpt.jpg

The time stamp on these photos is not correct, as I am just now noticing! Joe posed for some underwater photos for me! Look at my skills!

DSCF0021_zpsjyxzmuuq.jpg

DSCF0022_zpsdbmy87v0.jpg

We were in that wave pool for hours. Being a Jersey shore girl, you'd think the waves would be no big deal to me. There's just something about Typhoon Lagoon's waves. They are so much better! They must be infused with Disney magic!
DSCF0024_zpswrbgwdrw.jpg

DSCF0025_zpsuthoupwr.jpg

I was starting to get tired, after getting majorly beat up by tidal waves, so we headed over to the lazy river.

DSCF0027_zps7bbouoml.jpg

DSCF0029_zpskcjsfyim.jpg

DSCF0031_zpsnl36msm6.jpg

DSCF0036_zps2k4dn9it.jpg

DSCF0037_zpstlesv7k0.jpg

We went around, and around, and around.. and well... around again! I think we were having more fun than most of the kids there! Joe would push my tube into a waterfall, and then I would sneak up behind him and push his tube into one. Every time there was a water feature, we'd be battling it out as to who would be the one getting wet. For being a weakling, I did pretty well! The water that shoots out at you is much MUCH colder than the water you are floating on! The lazy river was not so lazy after all! It was a war zone!

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 10th

Is it obvious from Joe's face that I am a sneaky little devil?

DSCF0039_zpsbli4agys.jpg

DSCF0040_zpstfbyzul9.jpg

DSCF0041_zpso4logki3.jpg

I think I spoke too soon. Joe soon pushed me into a freezing cold water stream. Brrr!
DSCF0045_zpsa5yqb9de.jpg

But revenge is sweet! I had let go of Joe's tube handle and away he went into this rainstorm!

DSCF0046_zpsem1yp4hh.jpg

Bye Joe! Stop trying to grab that old man's hand, he's not going to save you! Muahah!!
DSCF0047_zpscymqqcko.jpg

It's crazy to think, but our water park day turned out to be one of my favorite days of the trip. We went in with no plans, no fastpasses, no set lunch time, and had an absolute blast. We weren't rushing here or there, or dodging the massive crowds, we were simply two kids at heart playing around in a water park. Life was good.

Joe then went down these slides, I was too afraid to go without a tube. I promised to wait at the bottom and capture a picture.

DSCF0051_zpslnbu21pr.jpg

DSCF0053_zpsz36ra51x.jpg

I obviously failed. But I blame the camera! :p

It was then back to the wave pool, where I almost drowned multiple times. We would swim all the way out, and when the waves would come crashing down. I was giggling like a twelve year old girl!

DSCF0063_zpsfqledgjp.jpg

Joe came to my rescue quite a few times! Maybe he really is Ariel... boo to you mermaid blanket! Why couldn't you prophesize me as the mermaid!!!!
DSCF0065_zpsxsevmfjw.jpg

I think I need some lessons from Ariel. Doggy paddling is not as smooth as gliding around with a fin.
DSCF0070_zpsdrlhdtbm.jpg

This is what I was battling out there!
DSCF0076_zpsrwhgcskb.jpg

DSCF0077_zps357mwzzn.jpg

Jumped over waves, dived into waves, and body-surfed in on waves. Joe always got further in than I could. I'm not jealous or anything. :(
DSCF0080_zpsanzmlku8.jpg

DSCF0083_zpsiouumaqq.jpg

It was such a fun and relaxing day. It was one of those days where you don't think of anything besides the present. When the world melts away and you just enjoy the here and now. It reminded me of those moments of childhood, when you didn't worry, you just lived.

DSCF0084_zpspts0e8zz.jpg

DSCF0085_zps9y77usxa.jpg

DSCF0087_zpsb545yugf.jpg

Life's a wave, catch it.

:)

coachwnh

One of our favorite trips to Disney was when we stayed at the Yacht Club after our APs expired. No reservations, FPs, nothing. We relaxed at the pool and caught up on some much needed rest. I totally agree with you. Sometimes Disney becomes the Amazing Race. It really is crazy how much you can miss by not slowing down. It's great to hear your no hassle water day was so much fun. Hope you and Joe have a great Christmas

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm glad you got to enjoy TL, we all liked it sooooooo much better than BB. The tropical setting and the waves were even better than shore waves. You're right it must have been the pixie dust in the water:joyfull: BTW are we related I'd never let anybody get a pic of my hands if my nails weren't done, not to mention my obsession with Grey Goose slushes:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom