Trip Report COMPLETED - Let's do the Time Warp (to 2013) and go find my liver!!

PART ONE - THE JUNE TRIP THAT NEVER HAPPENED

Well......this is probably not a good idea, just cause I don't have a lot of time right now, but most things I do are not good ideas, so this will fit right in perfectly with the rest of my life.

But........ since my 2015 trip report was pretty fun to write, I've since realized that I have enough pics from 2013 that I could write a sequel. Errr......prequel.

However, be warned, that with the exception of Godfather II and Aliens and maybe a few more that I'm not recalling right now, sequels and prequels generally suck, so don't expect too much.

Of course, this particular trip had at least three major disasters, one of which takes place right away, so at least you can expect a bit of drama.

So with that in mind, travel back in time with me two whole years, folks, to the delightful 2013. Miley Cyrus twerked. Anne Hathaway won an Oscar. Reese Witherspoon got arrested for drunk driving, and Lohan went to rehab. As you may recall, it was a VERY eventful year.

And over on Long Island, Phil and Buddy had been saving for the trip to end all trips for over a year. To remind you, Phil does not agree to go to Disney easily, and every time he does, it's like a freaking miracle. He acts very put upon, like it is a great hell for him to go. He acts like he's just agreed to eat a scorpion covered in grape jelly.

This time, we had decided on Yacht Club for June 2013. After a year of planning and saving and reserving restaurants, and waiting, it was finally the day before the trip. And then my phone rang at work.

It was Phil.

His 90++++ grandmother had just passed away.

Trip instantly cancelled.

So that's the end of the trip report folks, thanks for reading.

Kidding.

So, Phil's grandmother had been almost catatonic for a very long time, and although we were not at all expecting this to happen the exact day before we were supposed to leave, we knew it was a possibility. For that reason, we had flight insurance, and that was refunded, and although we did not have insurance for the room (not sure if that even exists), Disney refunded every last penny within 24 hours. They were so cool about the whole thing.

This was a very difficult situation - no one ever wants a Disney vacation replaced by a funeral - Basically happiness replaced by sadness. It was completely awful on so many levels.

sad buddy.JPG

Yeah, that's a horrible pic but we were feeling horrible.

Luckily this guy was there to try to cheer us up. He was secretly happy, because he wasn't going to get left alone with a cat sitter for five nights.

sad spooky.JPG

Phil and I were both really, seriously sad. Obviously about the death of his grandmother, but also about the ruined trip. I thought we needed something to cheer us up and as it happened, Cinderella (not the Disney version) was playing on Broadway that weekend, and I was able to get discount tickets for about fifth row center. This was kind of a life saver It was uplifting and magical and.....oh, well, please, enjoy for yourselves:

Yeah, that'll do it.

I honestly didn't think we were going to reschedule the trip, but after the show, we were feeling a bit better, and Phil said "Why don't we reschedule it for September?"

And we did.

:)

Coming up -
Phil's birthday is in September and he milks it for every drop
Another insane drink around the world. Bristolsmom/Buzzkillington - beware!
Not So Scary turns scary when two adult males dress like Michael and John from Peter Pan
And the infamous lock out happens!

It all happens this season on.......a Disney trip report

;)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Can't wait to read about the infamous lock out! :p (Also, glad you were able to reschedule your trip.) I recall years ago. that my parents went on a "saved for all their lives for a dream trip to Hawaii", and just one day into their dream trip, we had to call them, to let them know that my mother's mother was in the hospital. It was awful. Sometimes, things just happen.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
PART TWO - TIME WARP TO THREE MONTHS LATER

Sorry for the delay. Yesterday was Phil's birthday and we finally went to see Kinky Boots, which won the Tony for best musical back in 2013, when this trip took place:

It was pretty much amazing. But anyway, moving right along. We took the funds from the cancelled June trip and reinvested them right into a September trip, and we scheduled it to coincide with Phil's birthday.

The resort was Yacht Club to start, and then finishing up with two days at the Royal Pacific over at Universal so we could do Halloween Horror Nights for the first time.....and on the very first night, as it turned out.....and that actually didn't work out too well either. But more on that later.

First we have to get this trip on the road.

A few weeks before the trip, the bands arrived!!

bands.JPG

We were excited but these guys knew that a cat sitter was on the way and kept trying to claw the box the bands came in to ribbons.

cats and bands.JPG

Ahh, but don't worry about them. They are very well taken care of. And one of them is a notorious mouse and bird serial killer. I think the entire bird and rodent population of Long Island tripled while they were locked in the house for six days.

Anyway, before we knew it, it was travel day, and at the airport, Phil decided to do the sensible thing and have a nice cup of coffee with breakfast:

Phil airport.JPG

I, of course, have no sense whatsoever, and here is what I had with breakfast. And it ain't tomato juice neither!

Buddy airport.JPG

(PS - this is one of the most hideous pictures I have ever taken. I'm all cheeks and squinty eyes. I'm one step removed from Gilbert Gottfried, but I'm taking one for the team people. It's all for you, squinty little beady eyes and all. It's all for you!!!!!!!

Um...errrr....anyway......

Once up in the air, Phil decided to take a rest with his big gay pillow. He thinks he is so masculine, but then he lounges with one of these things.

Phil pillow.JPG

Yeah, he's looking like, "How dare I get dragged here again."

Of course I was in the seat next to him having a fabulous flight, and although there is no photographic evidence, you can be rest assured that it looked a little something like this:
drunky cat.jpg

Phil's attitude (and he's just playing for the camera by the way) continued onto the disembarkation, but of course, you'll notice he is wearing a Disneyland tee-shirt, so how miserable can he be? I think he protests too much.

disembarkation.JPG

So, we had arrived in beautiful sunny Orlando, and since my computer is freezing and driving me insane, I am going to close this brief chapter and reboot and hopefully continue shortly.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Let's get this wagon rolling!

Sorry about Phil's grandma, but it certainly does set the stage for the rescheduled dream trip of a lifetime! I am hoping to hear more about this reported liver you had, and of course I can't wait for all of your Halloween party mischief!

By the way did you see Cinderella with Fran Drescher?
No we saw the original cast. I wish I had seen Fran because I bet she was hysterical.

catmom46

Ya know, a lot of us on here I bet are still waiting for your July trip report.......so while you're waiting for me, you can get to work!
:)
Kidding. But seriously, yours would be fun to read.

Hmmm…not sure how much fun it would be, considering the trip occurred about a month after I filed for divorce. Doh! :facepalm:

Although seriously, we did our best to make it as less stressful as possible for our daughter, and overall it was a good trip. Maybe in another month or so I can get myself to put together a report. I do have lots of great pics! :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom