Trip Report *COMPLETED* Allll the fun...and other musings - an August trip report

Some preamble
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Burnett Family Trip Report – Summer Edition. Before you commit to reading this, be warned that it may take a bit of time to complete this as I have 10 days to cover with something like 900 pictures to pick from and a busy next few weeks.

Some trip info
I could direct you to our epic pre-trip report found here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...the-fun-august-20-29-ptr.915198/#post-7298480
but I’ll save you the trouble and recap the important stuff here.

Who's travelling

20160829_120850.jpg

From left to right there is my wife Tammy, Myself (Graham), our daughter Steph (Stephanie) and our son Liam.

When
August 20th – August 29th

Where
Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village in a studio

Anything else
The only other kind of interesting/problematic thing is that Steph has been having some foot problems for the past few months. She’s been off karate and has been going to physio, acupuncture and chiro, but at the end of two months her foot is still sore. This may come into play during our trip…

So……Let’s get started

August 18th-19th – some pre-trip stuff

We had some pre-trip stuff to take care of before we could get our vacation started.

Step 1: Take the feline members of our family to my Mom and Dad’s. We have two cats that we rescued from the SPCA when they were kittens.
IMG_20160801_195621.jpg

We have Zoey who is 7
IMG_20160430_112537.jpg

and we have Pyper (the torty) who is 5. They typically like being at my parents place as it is quiet and they don’t have to worry about….

Step 2: So it is early July and we’re out driving on a Saturday. “Let’s go to the SPCA just for fun” Tammy says…. Long story short “Let’s go to the SPCA just for fun” became this:
received_1057921864323186.jpeg

This is Cooper. He’s about 6 months old. We really don’t know what he is (We think a Daschund/Lab mix. Don’t aske me how that happens). The cats aren’t overly thrilled with him yet (Pyper hides. Zoey is the boss and smacks Cooper around when he gets out of line).
20160721_062155.jpg

We found a great place for Cooper to stay while we were away which we were happy about. The place came and picked Cooper up on Friday morning (the 19th) and with that we were almost ready.
I went to work on the 19th, but had booked a ½ day off to do some last minute running around/packing. Tammy runs an in-home daycare, so she was working the whole day. Around 5 the final kid was picked up, and we were ready to go.

We jumped in the car and took off across the border to the Sleep Inn in Buffalo, where we’d be staying for the night, before our flight the next morning. We made a quick stop at Sam’s Club to pick up some breakfast items, and then called it a night. We were in bed by 10, and ready to get this trip officially started.

More to come

Last edited:

gwhb75

Original Poster
I have been waiting a long time to say this....

Well done, Graham!! ;) :D :p :joyfull:

(Hope you get a solo WDW fix next week!)

Thanks. Your kind words made all the work worthwhile (and now you are left to wonder if I mean it, or if I'm being sarcastic...).;)

gwhb75

Original Poster
I enjoyed your TR! Thanks for sharing. :) Hope you got to visit WDW while you were in Florida this week!

Glad you enjoyed the report. I actually did get to spend a bit of time in the parks when I was down in October. There may be a mini trip report coming....

gwhb75

Original Poster
Quick update

So not really Disney related per se, but since I mentioned it in the trip report.... We finally got to the bottom of what was wrong with Steph's foot after four months...
20161028_115421.jpg

3 fractures in her right foot. Man she must be one tough girl to walk around for four months with that. Fortunately, we were referred to a sports doctor who sent her for a bone scan where the fractures were found. 5-6 weeks in a cast.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Quick update

So not really Disney related per se, but since I mentioned it in the trip report.... We finally got to the bottom of what was wrong with Steph's foot after four months...
View attachment 172068
3 fractures in her right foot. Man she must be one tough girl to walk around for four months with that. Fortunately, we were referred to a sports doctor who sent her for a bone scan where the fractures were found. 5-6 weeks in a cast.

Sorry to hear that. I hope the 5-6 weeks go by fast for her.

Ayden

Wow. What a brave girl your Steph!
I hope time will fly and she'll be able to walk again without pain!

It was great reading your trip report. Thanks for sharing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom