Trip Report COMPLETE - A Jersey Girl in a Disney World July 13th-19th 2015

Hello Everyone! Just returned from a wonderful Disney trip July 13th to July 19th. It has been 9 years since our last visit (2006), so it's VERY different. Pre-Fastpass +, Pre-Magic Bands, Pre-Iphone even. I'll go more into the pros and cons of those (in our opinion) later.
This was also our first time flying down in almost 20 years. We have been taking the Amtrak Auto Train to have our car, but this time, we just
wanted to get there fast.

We chose to fly Spirit out of Atlantic City and it was a great experience. I know you hear mixed things about Spirit, but we had no trouble.
Flight left on time, landed in almost exactly 2 hours. I do have to say, airport security was a trip for me! I last flew in 1997, shove your backpack through the metal detector and done.

This was also our first time renting a car. We had a reservation, but thought we still needed to wait in line at the counter to get keys. I guess I should have researched this a little better. Someone finally suggested that we try the kiosk, and low and behold, we were on the road in
10 minutes after waiting in line half an hour. Maybe it was just me, but Alamo needs to make this more clear on their website.

So, here we go on the road to the Caribbean Beach. We arrived around 12:30pm and our room was ready! Building 25 in Martinique. After dropping off our bags, we made a WaWa run for coffee (hey, we are from Jersey, gotta have a WaWa). We also stopped at the Super Walmart on 535 (which is a different kind of adventure in itself). Turns out it only looks close and easy to get to on the map.

We were shocked at all the construction at Downtown Disney. I will be posting some pics in a later post, but it is something you need to experience to see the scope of it. The parking garage is the best and safest seeming garage I have ever been in, however the walk to the Marketplace side is LOOOOONG. So glad they are building a closer garage. The temp was around 100 that afternoon and we were regretting our decision by the time we made it to the bridge by Planet Hollywood. Our next visit was by Disney bus, much more conveniently located =)

Dinner at Old Port Royal at the Caribbean (more on our food issues in a later post), then headed over to Hollywood Studios for the evening.
Waited 35 min. standby for the Great Movie Ride (some nice little changes since AMC is sponsoring), then used our FP on Toystory (20 min wait even in the FP line).

Also on my "I Miss at the Studios" List are the Citizens of Hollywood walking around in the evenings and definitly Sid's. Got many good collectibles there.

The Frozen Dance Party probably appeals to the kids, but it was SO loud with the bass cranked up SO much. Or maybe I'm just getting old.
Back soon with Day 2!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Great trip report. And judt fyi, you don't always have to wait for your next fp+.
Once you use the first one, you can log into your phone & if available, move up your next fp+.
We did this many times & were able to ride things back to back within 10 minutes of each other using the new system. Plus it made it really easy to get 4th & 5th fp+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom