Comedy Warehouse Question

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
For you regulars, do you feel there is a difference in the talent/show on different days? Also, is there a best time for superior comedians? Or does it vary (or stay the same) so that it doesn't really make a difference? :p

GaryT977

There's definitely a difference in the talent of the actors. Unfortunately I'm really bad with names, so I don't remember the names of my favorites. Plus, I don't think they post whose appearing on what nights anyway. Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.

Upvote 0

We generally stay at the Comedy Warehouse whenever we're in PI as my wife doesn't like loud music and dancing and neither of us "get" the AC. We just go to the show and when it's over run up and get in line again :) Seems to me that the later shows are more fun, except for on Cast Member nights when the later shows are full of drunk CMs. I am not good with names either but there are a few people that every time I go I look for. I really miss the heavier woman that was there a few years ago she was great and always had me laughing out loud!

Upvote 0

Goofy23

My wife & I went there in Sept. 2001, and it was a great show: we sat in the front row and all the performers were hilarious and we got to participate a lot. We went again last year and it wasn't as good. Maybe it was the same old routine with different performers, but it just seemed a little off. I think we'll skip it this year. You should do it at least once, though.

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

We enjoy the Comedy Warehouse too! Sometimes we've left the show to go & get in line again for the next show! I don't remember names either, but there are a couple of women & a couple of guys that are our favorites... the shows do tend to get repititious though, so seeing the show 1x is good enough for me from now on.

Upvote 0

Invero

Goofy23 said:
My wife & I went there in Sept. 2001, and it was a great show: we sat in the front row and all the performers were hilarious and we got to participate a lot. We went again last year and it wasn't as good. Maybe it was the same old routine with different performers, but it just seemed a little off. I think we'll skip it this year. You should do it at least once, though.
It's always been that way, though -- sometimes you hit a great show, other times you hit an off show.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Original Poster
Thanks for the info all !

So what I'm hearing here is that it's pretty much hit or miss, which is fine by me. I was just curious if they briought in more talent on Fri. and Sat. nights, or if the routines get a bit more risque on say, CM nights.

We'll give it a try in Oct.

Upvote 0

SPCSHPERTH1

The audience makes the difference....

I've been to several shows and I find that the quality of each show depends on who is in the audience. I have seen some very funny material generated by some pretty goofy people who volunteer personal info during the show. If the wrong person is volunteering or is too intoxicated to know what they're doing, it can definitely ruin a show. One volunteer got off on such a vulgar tangent that it almost breached Disney standards and made the whole place feel uncomfortable (that wasn't a fun night)!! The experience of the comedians on stage and how well they handle the tough audience members can also make a difference. I'll keep going to as many shows as I can, because, honestly, no two shows are ever alike, each one has the potential to be something you've never seen or heard before.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell1220

We are going to Disney for my brothers bday and I was wondering if anyone knows how to resv, a table we have a group of about 10 I thought it would be a great idea for his birthday this is his Fav. place at PI...Please help!

Upvote 0

We were there on my birthday in the past, and also last year on my wife's birthday and they have never done anything special for us at all as far as special seating or letting us sit by the phone :( Still, go on and let them know it's your birthday. It can't hurt right? We're going to be there on my wife's birthday again this year and will be sure to mention it again :D

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell1220

thanks for the help,,,,I was wondering if maybe I called before we went..it is worth a shot.... I think the people in the comedy warehouse know my brother he goes ther all of the time and he used to be in the college program for a year so he was always going to cast member night I would ask him but I would like it to be a surprise!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom