Colts in Walt Disney World???

DisneyYorkian74

Original Poster
Laughingplace reports that Ted Dungy and Dominic Rhodes are scheduled to appear in Walt Disney World tomorrow, Feb. 5.

I'm planning on going there tomorrow to see them but I would like to know which park they will be in, and what time the parade they're usually featured in will be held?.

crazydaveh

They will probably be the main focus of the main parade at Magic Kingdom.

I refuse to go while the Colts are there. For some reason, I just can't stand them! I think it has to do with Peyton being a VOL...

GO DAWGS!

mjc1984

They should be at the magic kingdom tommorow. They usaully are there at 9:30 am NOT the normal everyday parade. They usually do a motorcade up main st. and than about 30mins or so they have a media interview somewhere in the m.k. usually either on top of the train station or near the castle just follow al the reporters and see where they go after the motorcade.

smk

I heard Coach Dungy say that he was going to WDW in an interview after the game shown here in Indy on a local station. I can tell you that the Colts will be back in Indy around 4 tomorrow for a parade and celebration at the dome. I never heard when they will be in WDW. I do know that they head to the All Star Game on Tuesday. I hope they don't go to WDW on Monday, I want to be there when they are there! What a Super Team! Colts Win the Super Bowl:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: !

lpet11984

Was just watching Good Morning America (we have a "wind chill" day up here in MI) and saw the spot- the famous question was asked: "What are you going to do next?" and Dungy and Rhodes say "We're going to Disneyland," after which they fade away to the new Disney Parks logo and have the Disneyland text/logo off to the side with a pair of dream ears with the Colts logo on them tossed in the air.

I'll have to see if I can find the video online...

Sounds to me like they're going to be at Disneyland rather than WDW this time around...? That seems odd....

Rayray

They will probably be the main focus of the main parade at Magic Kingdom.

I refuse to go while the Colts are there. For some reason, I just can't stand them! I think it has to do with Peyton being a VOL...

GO DAWGS!

I don't know which Dawgs you refer to (mine or UGA), but either way, GO DAWGS.

Congratulations to the Colts.

I know that Tony dungy will be in tampa on march 3rd and 4th for the Luis Palau festival http://www.tampabayfestival.com/pages/page.asp?page_id=7092
I hope I get a chance to talk to him again, he is a really amazing guy. I went to church with him and knew his sons eric and james really well and had them in my VBS class my freshman year in Highschool. I remember when he was coaching in tampa I saw him every sunday morning and said hi and he just really impressed me and I have wanted him to make it too the superbowl ever since tampa let him go and now that has come true and Im Proud of him and the team for setting a goal and getting there. GO COLTS

mk12a

This was in the Orlando Sentinel today. Dominic Rhodes was supposed to make an appearance at the MK today.

Disney teams with Rhodes

"Along with mini-golf courses, race tracks, marathons, and baseball fields, Walt Disney World is embracing football this time of year, as the Super Bowl hype is still high among fans and TV watchers. Starting today, Superbowl champion running back Dominic Rhodes of the Indianapolis Colts, will appear in a TV advertisement for Disney in which he will use the "going to Disney World" phrase, made famous in previous years. Rhodes will be at Disney's Magic Kingdom today, playing football with a few lucky local NFL Youth Football leagues from around Central Florida, ranging in age from 8 to 11. A football field specifically created for today's game playing was constructed on Main Street, U.S.A. near Cinderella's castle."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...507,0,3177016.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

DisneyYorkian74

Original Poster
Sounds to me like they're going to be at Disneyland rather than WDW this time around...? That seems odd....

They always shoot 2 commercials following the Super Bowl.

The "I'm Going to Disney World" commercial usually airs all over the country; while the "I'm Going to Disneyland" commercial usually airs only in the west.

The team always goes to Walt Disney World but they don't ever actually go to Disneyland.

BTW: Anyone have pictures of the Colts there yet?

isitingood

Laughingplace reports that Ted Dungy and Dominic Rhodes are scheduled to appear in Walt Disney World tomorrow, Feb. 5.

I'm planning on going there tomorrow to see them but I would like to know which park they will be in, and what time the parade they're usually featured in will be held?.

I just saw the commercial and it's Dungy and Rhodes going to Disneyland

smk

This was in the Orlando Sentinel today. Dominic Rhodes was supposed to make an appearance at the MK today.

Disney teams with Rhodes

"Along with mini-golf courses, race tracks, marathons, and baseball fields, Walt Disney World is embracing football this time of year, as the Super Bowl hype is still high among fans and TV watchers. Starting today, Superbowl champion running back Dominic Rhodes of the Indianapolis Colts, will appear in a TV advertisement for Disney in which he will use the "going to Disney World" phrase, made famous in previous years. Rhodes will be at Disney's Magic Kingdom today, playing football with a few lucky local NFL Youth Football leagues from around Central Florida, ranging in age from 8 to 11. A football field specifically created for today's game playing was constructed on Main Street, U.S.A. near Cinderella's castle."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...507,0,3177016.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines
That is bizzare. The Colts came home to Indy tonight (Feb. 5th), landed at about 415 and then went to their parade and celebration at the RCA Dome. I watched the entire thing on TV and Rhodes was here, celebrating with the whole team and all the coaches. Why would they say he was going to be there when he was here? What about the stage and football field for the kids? Did anyone go today and see if there was really a field set up? I doubt he had time to fly to Orlando, play ball, fly back down to Miami, fly home with the team and then go to the RCA Dome. Maybe he did all that, I know I heard them all say they haven't slept much since that great win over the Bears. Sounds a bit too busy to really have happened today, don't you think?

goofntink

None of the Colts players were at DisneyWorld yesterday, they all went home to Indy 1st. Some of the players will be here from what we were told Thursday or Friday.

isitingood

They always shoot 2 commercials following the Super Bowl.

The "I'm Going to Disney World" commercial usually airs all over the country; while the "I'm Going to Disneyland" commercial usually airs only in the west.

The team always goes to Walt Disney World but they don't ever actually go to Disneyland.

BTW: Anyone have pictures of the Colts there yet?

My friend lives in Chicago and she said the Disneyland version aired last night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom