Trip Report College Graduation Celebration: Inappropriate stories, crazy cast members, taking selfies, and FOOD

When you're post vacation depression finally settles in, what must a crazed WDW fan do? Make a trip report, of course! As I type this trip report in 60 degree weather in the boring Chicago suburbs, I hope to bring magic to your home, in addition to some many, many laughs. Enjoy!

Reason: Cassie (my best friend since the 2nd grade) and I's (Jessica) college graduation! After a four grueling years of schooling, we figured we earned a much needed all girls trip to WDW.

Here's a photo of the cast with some brief information about us to make you a little more familiar with us.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7330589652.jpg

From left to right:

Jessica (me, 22): I received my B.A. in elementary education at the University of St. Francis with additional endorsements in special education and middle school social science and language arts. I hope to be obtaining a teaching job at the primary level for the upcoming school year!

Jodi (my sister, 20): Jodi is a hair stylist, and is also attending junior college to eventually obtain a degree in business or communications. Jodi is actually applying for the Disney College Program in August.

Rachel (Jodi's best friend, 20): Rachel also has her cosmetology license. While going to the same college as Jodi (they are in some of the same classes), Rachel works a ton as a waitress.

Cassie (my best friend, 22): Cassie has a B.S. in Psychology from University of Illinois. Cassie will be attending grad school in the fall at Midwestern University to earn her masters in occupational therapy. Cassie did the Disney College Program last year and graduated from it. She has lots of inside knowledge!

I have made trip reports before, so feel free to check them out:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...hot-days-fun-times-and-plenty-of-food.762909/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-years-at-the-happiest-place-on-earth.878566/

Now, onto the report!

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Apologies to those I've left behind. I PROMISE I will get this done as soon as possible. I got a job as a third grade teacher, so my life has been hectic, but I promise I have not abandoned this thread!
Take your time! And congrats on the job. That's fantastic! Hope your school year is off to a good start.

3WaltFans

Apologies to those I've left behind. I PROMISE I will get this done as soon as possible. I got a job as a third grade teacher, so my life has been hectic, but I promise I have not abandoned this thread!

Those 3rd graders must be wearing you down, LOL. Congrats on your job and hope to hear the rest of one of my favorite, fun trip reports.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
I love this report, and I intend on finishing it.

As for not finishing it sooner, not too long after I last posted-at the end of September, my dad died suddenly of a heart attack. He was only 50. Things were flipped upside down over here. To add, 2 months later, Cassie's dad, who was a family friend and good friend of my dad's, passed away from a sudden stroke. It's crazy how we both have gone through the same thing, but we will be going to disney again this summer to celebrate our father's lives with our sisters and mothers.

I will complete this post soon and will add more tonight. Thanks for sticking with me for so long!

Day 4: Going to Epcot Renders Your Park Hopper Useless: Part 9 and a Hopeful Conclusion to this Day

After Via Napoli, we walked around and took in the awesome pre-illuminations music. The atmosphere during this time is blissful.

DSC_1359.JPG

DSC_1364.JPG

DSC_1366.JPG

DSC_1369.JPG

DSC_1370.JPG

DSC_1372.JPG

Are these lights normal? This drove me nuts... I noticed the sporadic placement of lights at Grand Floridian, as well...
IMG_0530.jpg

It was pretty late, but we saw that we had a little time to go to the DTD, and well... why not? We're on vacation :)
DSC_1377.JPG

DSC_1380.JPG

DSC_1391.JPG

Last edited:

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Day 4: Going to Epcot Renders Your Park Hopper Useless: Part 10 and a Hopeful Conclusion to this Day

As we walked around, we couldn't help but notice some random performer dancing to some weird music:
DSC_1393.JPG

Nice Versace outfit...
DSC_1392.JPG

Weird, eh? Turns out he wasn't even a performer. Just some random guy, full on dancing to this other guy play music. The funny part was the fact that no one was paying attention to the actual performer, but rather, the random guy dancing. I mean, he was dancing pretty strangely, was pretty old, and was wearing a faux, bedazzled Versace outfit. It was pretty funny.

DSC_1398.JPG

I'm really like the food trucks addition!
DSC_1399.JPG

We stopped in the Starbucks real quick to check it out. It is HUGE.
DSC_1400.JPG

DSC_1401.JPG

After that, Cassie and I decided that we needed a drink. The *night* vibe of the new DTD (or should I be saying Disney Springs?) is great and makes me feel as though I'm on a night out. Hence, a drink was needed.

Cassie and I stopped in Paradiso 37 since we had never been in there.

DSC_1402.JPG

I ordered a Pina Colada. What a surprise, right? ;)

DSC_1403.JPG

LisaBelle

So sorry to hear about your dad! I know what you are going through. My dad passed away unexpectedly in June. My sister and I leave for WDW on Wednesday. We are celebrating my 50th birthday and it will be a time for healing and celebrating & honoring his life. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
So sorry to hear about your dad! I know what you are going through. My dad passed away unexpectedly in June. My sister and I leave for WDW on Wednesday. We are celebrating my 50th birthday and it will be a time for healing and celebrating & honoring his life. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR.

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss, as well! Disney is a great healing place:)

Love your report. So sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

Thank you!

So sorry to hear about your father's passing.
Thank you!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Day 4: Going to Epcot Renders Your Park Hopper Useless: Part 11 and a Hopeful Conclusion to this Day

I can't remember what Cassie got, but this was her drink.
DSC_1404.JPG

Quite surprisingly, Paradiso is where I had the best Pina Colada. It was delicious and trumped any of the resorts. I definitely will be visiting this place again! As Cassie and I were hanging out a bit, the bartender was being a bit friendly, which wasn't weird at the time, but did get weird as we decided to leave and walk around with our drinks. As we were leaving, the much older bartender told us that if we were up to having a good night to head on over to the House of Blues. Now, I have no idea what on Earth that meant. Like, are you telling us to go to HoB because you'll be there later or are you just giving some advice unintentionally creepily??? Whatever the case, we got a good laugh out of it.

After we left, we caught up with Jodi and Rachel. "Window" shopping....
DSC_1405.JPG

DSC_1406.JPG

I love the marketplace. That's what it's called, right?
DSC_1410.JPG

DSC_1413.JPG

DSC_1414.JPG

DSC_1416.JPG

Jodi happened to buy prints for her bedroom.

Laughing about something...
DSC_1421.JPG

Goodnight, ugly parking garage.
IMG_0534.JPG

Goodnight, construction.
IMG_0535.JPG

I really am enjoying your trip report! It is really funny and interesting! Congrats on getting a job, and I'm sorry to hear about your dad! When I go to college, I will be studying to become an elementary level teacher, too (but I am going to community college first, and then moving to Florida, most likely near Disney or Universal Studios)!

prfctlyximprct

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I remember following along on your Christmas trip report and seeing him in your photos. It's crazy how short life truly is. I am thinking of you and your family. :(

Thanks for sharing with us. Disney is the best healer.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
So sorry for your loss.

Still enjoying the report.
Thanks for the kind an thoughtful words!

I really am enjoying your trip report! It is really funny and interesting! Congrats on getting a job, and I'm sorry to hear about your dad! When I go to college, I will be studying to become an elementary level teacher, too (but I am going to community college first, and then moving to Florida, most likely near Disney or Universal Studios)!
Those are nice goals to have! Thanks for following :)

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I remember following along on your Christmas trip report and seeing him in your photos. It's crazy how short life truly is. I am thinking of you and your family. :(

Thanks for sharing with us. Disney is the best healer.
Aww thank you. Your words mean a lot! I'm happy that you remember that trip. Life is short and unexpected, and I'm so lucky to have shared so many great memories with him.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Day 5: Park Hopping between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios-aka currently the half day parks

Naturally, we on accidentally slept in and headed over to the food court for some grub...

DSC_1426.JPG

Since it was close to noon, Jodi, Cassie, and Rachel got some lunch.
DSC_1427.JPG

DSC_1429.JPG

I stuck with the breakfast option. The muffin was very good- I believe it was a cranberry muffin.
DSC_1430.JPG

Our first park was Animal Kingdom. We noticed lots of cranes.
DSC_1440.JPG

DSC_1435.JPG

I also noticed the clouds in the background... Rain, anyone?
DSC_1437.JPG

DSC_1439.JPG

DSC_1439.JPG

Okay, so I took this picture because I never knew there were water "falls" over here.
DSC_1443.jpg

We headed to Asia so that we (minus me :) ) could go on Mount Everest.
DSC_1445.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom