Collaboration. A MUST read for any would-be Imagineer

Chad

Original Poster
Hey all. Did you miss me? Lately, I've been doing some soul searching, so I have been depriving this board of my Ideas. I apologize to those who enjoy reading them, and I promise that what I have cookin' here will top anything seen before.
I shouldn't say what -I- have cooking, because, as the subject sugests, this new project will be a COLLABORATION. All of us on this board have amazing imaginations, it's what brought us here, to share our ideas and hopes. Now this is what I propose. Lets work together. For the past X amount of years, we have been working seperetly and independtly on different projects. I suggest that we come up with, design, sketch, and model a Disney theme park of our own! I would act as a moderator of sorts, but in no way the leader, we would debate, vote and execute plans and Ideas for rides and attraction for this new theme park, and post our pictures and concept art on the web.

Now, all things have a begining, who's going to join in with us and create something for all Imagineering fans to marvel at?

First Question:

What the heck is this park going to be?!?!?

I vote that it be a Legends theme park, this idea bounced around earlier, and it would explore different legends from different regions...

Voting for What the park should be will end Friday September 28th

DisJosh

Count me in! How about Disney's Utopia.........it would be a combo of everything Disney! It wouldnt have one central theme....but as the name sugests it would be the perfect park with a little bit of everything. That just popped into my head. I figured the park would be a mix of original and recycled ride ideas, like updated versions of our favorite rides......one I had in mind was an updated ppl mover. None of the major atractions would be recycled though just those litle favorites that are always overlokked or have been long gone. I'll have my new scanner today so I'll have some concept stuff up soon. I was also thinking you, Chad since you would be the moderator of this community could set up an MSN community......using the MSN community you can have multiple co adminidtraters on the site. Aside from posting our concept stuff here we could compile it all on that oone site. LMK what ya think!

DisJosh

BTW chad have you checked out my art contest thread yet? It would be nice to have another participant. I think it may start today.

Chad

Original Poster
-Current Ideas-
Disney's Utopia
Disney's Land of Legends

I wanted to sorta keep it on this message board because it gets a WHOLE lot of traffic, and things could be voted on easily. As for the art contest, I have the ability to draw, but nowhere near the ability of some of the artists here...

Goofster

Sounds cool Chad, yeah, we have missed ya around here. Hmm, I know everybody else doesnt agree, but I still want an evil magic kingdom. But not all thrill rides or anthing like that.

DisJosh

I know a theme or park name hasnt been set yet but heres some quick concept art I did of a possible symbol or icon for DUtopia.

Attachments

• entrance0001.jpg
    entrance0001.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 226
Imagineer Plan

You can count me in for transit, urban planning, ride layouts and systems....let me know what you need and what have you. Also, If you need roller coaster calculations to make them work, let me know..I am all over it...I have already began planning and Armegeddon roller coaster. Let me know.

William:D :D :D :D

WDW-Imagineer

Count me in!! I can help Monorail Black with transportation (monorails, etc.) I am also working on a Contemporary redesign and an early EPCOT design.

I konw how to use CADKey which is one of the major CAD programs on the market. I hope post some of my ideas on here soon. :)

DisJosh

I've also got this design for a pple mover. As you can see nothing like the old. I wouldnt see this as an attraction but as a very useful means of transportation around WDW.........much better than busses! Ahhhhhh! I cant attach it but it's in the thread in the pic forum entitled Art contest..

cookiee_munster

love the ideas!

people say i have a wicked imagination so i'll help if u wan't. But i can't be like completly involved cus i have work at school too :)

New water park - Based on the for elements that conjoin to make the park. that really nice looking green lady from fantacia 2000 will play a part in the park.

The disney villains land (i like it so i'll go along with others.)

i also LOVE the disney legands too!

also are u proper people that do this stuff? or are u just doing it for fun? cus if u are real imagineers, Cool i wanna b one but for english theme parks! :) i'm new so pls forgive if i seem a little thick.

Chad

Original Poster
YEAH! Big Response! See, I knew each of us had different talents! I can't wait to see what comes out of all this! On friday we'll vote on all the ideas.

Currently:
Disney's Utopia
Disney's Land of Legends
Disney's Shadowlands or Dark Kingdom (evil magic kingdom)
Disney's Elements Water Park

My opinions:
I am still dead set on Disney's Land of Legends, This has been a project I have been mulling over in my mind forever, something I have really wanted to give wings, I worked on a bunch of concept art for it already. The utopia land, I think, would mirror Magic Kingdom abit to much, since it would use old rides, it would sort of be a mish mash of old rides that would be hard to theme together. I also believe the Shadowlands Idea has been run into the ground and stomped upon. To much, 'nuff said. Land of Legends gives us a chance to start with a fresh slate, nothing thought up. The water Park...I was sorta hoping to do a regular part, but when I think of the different theming options available, and all of the alterantive art forms you could use to show the different elements, I almost wet myself. But this is a waterpark, and water parks don't present much in the way of ride options, it's pretty simple. Slides. So I think it would be best if we set that on the back burner and played with it later. But majority rules here, so the project must go on.

BTW, Cooki Munster, Yes, we all are Imagineer's just in our own minds, unforteanetly.

Voting to start Friday September 22!!!! Get your ideas in!

Count me in I can offer archetecture support, this place needs the Disney designing which we all love. Let me know what you need, also Im a master of themeing, and no Disney park can be without theming, i love your ideas, let me know and keep updating.

iDEAS

Chad..
let me and WDW Imagineer knoq...we have talked on other threads in regards to transit and other things.,...I have some ideas on interaction between the monorail and new parks, sorta like it travels through Epcot and the Contemporary....I also introduced the new monorail cars...let me know. Also, I have an idea of a multi-type ride of Armegeddon, that involves a ride system, like Dinosaur, at the intro...then a roller coaster....more to come. If it can fit in your park idea, let me know.:cool: :D

cookiee_munster

so.....

Have u decided which park your going for? I am strongly with the disney legends now. i really like it. But wouldn't it clash with beastly knigdom? i still like it though.

DisJosh

Originally posted by Chad
YEAH! Big Response! See, I knew each of us had different talents! I can't wait to see what comes out of all this! On friday we'll vote on all the ideas.

Currently:
Disney's Utopia
Disney's Land of Legends

My opinions:
I am still dead set on Disney's Land of Legends, This has been a project I have been mulling over in my mind forever, something I have really wanted to give wings, I worked on a bunch of concept art for it already. The utopia land, I think, would mirror Magic Kingdom abit to much, since it would use old rides, it would sort of be a mish mash of old rides that would be hard to theme together. I also believe the Shadowlands Idea has been run into the ground and stomped upon. To much, 'nuff said. Land of Legends gives us a chance to start with a fresh slate, nothing thought up. The water Park...I was sorta hoping to do a regular part, but when I think of the different theming options available, and all of the alterantive art forms you could use to show the different elements, I almost wet myself. But this is a waterpark, and water parks don't present much in the way of ride options, it's pretty simple. Slides. So I think it would be best if we set that on the back burner and played with it later. But majority rules here, so the project must go on.

BTW, Cooki Munster, Yes, we all are Imagineer's just in our own minds, unforteanetly.

Voting to start Friday September 22!!!! Get your ideas in!

Friday the 22nd? Friday was the 21st. Saturday was the 22nd and today is the 23........so when exactly are we voting? BTW you misunderstood me on Utopia they arent ALL recycled rides. The ones that are recycled.......are just the ideas being recycled not the actual attraction. Attractions will be done over in the fashion they should have been done or the way we wish they had been done. Aside from those this is a park strictly for original ride ideas.......and possibly (if possible to find) ride ideas from the man himself W.E.Disney that were never built. The theme of the park more or less is a perfect society.....no not like EPCOT. I dont know.....possibly even the name Waltopia.....if that doesnt sound to strange. This park is also dedicated to Walt and his brilliant ideas.....so those are the central themes I think. Theming like that does sound very hard to pull off or to even get started on, but we're all aspiring imagineers so I'm sure if we worked together anything no matter how unrealistic or tough it seems can get done :)

Chad

Original Poster
Sorry, i guess I misunderstood your explanation, I thought it would just be a home for old rides that were replaced, Whoops :)

My ideas for Disney's Land of Legends doesn't conflict with Beastly Kingdom much, it doesn't focus on many animals, the only main one I can think of is The 'Bigfoot' or 'Sasquach' (sp?) roller coaster I have thought up for the Tribal Canyon section. Let me give a quick over view of my thoughts for Land of Legends

This park will be made with expansion in mind, starting off with four main lands, and leaving plenty of room for future work.

Tribal Canyon-A land devoted to the myths and stories of Native americans, (Area to include sasquach).

Olympian PLaza-Area including tales from greece and rome,I have some amazing Ideas for a 'Odessy' Water ride.....But thats for later, plus, special care will have to be taken to insure that this land doesn't begin to copy the 'Atlantis' ride at sea world

Aztec Valley-Home of huge flaming bird gods, statues, mysterious pyramids, plenty of room for story and ride developement

Oriental Village-Home to the stories and tales of the east--My idea for the Yin-Yang dueling rollercoaster would live here, this would be a multi-sensory experience, seeing as Yin represents,Heat, male, and the Sun, and yang is female, cold and the moon, I plan to have quite a few interesting things for this :)

Those are just the preliminary ideas for it anyways :)

Currently:
Disney's Utopia
Disney's Land of Legends
Voting to start Friday September 28!!!! Get your ideas in!

DisJosh

I cant wait for the vote to be oficial......all the ideas sound great! I just want a decission so I can get started on concept art. Chad I love the ideas you've come up with for lands......my brain is overcrowded with ideas for all the lands you've mentioned!

DisJosh

I've got a new idea which is partly inspired by chads land of legends idea. It's called Disney's Civilizations. Each land would be themed after a diferent ancient civilization, ie egypt, china, america/south america(mayans,incas)(native americans) etc..... Just another idea to add to the bag:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom