Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens Tampa

Omnikron

Original Poster
Construction is moving right along to be open hopefully mid this year.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 63

Omnikron

Original Poster
So does anyone know if they are going to incorporate the old King tut attraction into the queue line?

The old tut building is going to be part of the que for this new ride and from some rumors it will be the first que in Busch Gardens to be air conditioned.

Bairstow

The old tut building is going to be part of the que for this new ride and from some rumors it will be the first que in Busch Gardens to be air conditioned.

I would caution everyone to NOT read spoilers about the queue and preshow experience for this thing.... or for Kong, for that matter.
It sounds like everyone in Orlando is stepping up their Scene One games this summer.

StageFrenzy

I would caution everyone to NOT read spoilers about the queue and preshow experience for this thing.... or for Kong, for that matter.
It sounds like everyone in Orlando is stepping up their Scene One games this summer.
As far as preshow I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what it will be since I have been in the previous attraction multiple times. Thinking back this will be the 2nd/3rd in the history of BG with AC. Depending on if you count Questor/Akbar or the Brewery tour.

StageFrenzy

Billboards are up on 275 advertising the ride. I was there Sunday it looks like it has some nice length. I worry about the amount of spinning that they plan to have.

raven

Billboards are up on 275 advertising the ride. I was there Sunday it looks like it has some nice length. I worry about the amount of spinning that they plan to have.
It only spins during the last portion of the ride and it looks like a controlled slow spin, unlike the free spinning Primevil Whirl.

nepalostparks

It only spins during the last portion of the ride and it looks like a controlled slow spin, unlike the free spinning Primevil Whirl.

The ride will be forward through the first drop up to the brake run, then turn backwards for a short portion and up the second lift. Then it's a free spin til the final brake run. The amount of spinning will differ each ride based on the weight distribution in each car.

davidpw97

I was there Sunday, around 6pm saw that the ride was running and people were on it. Hurried over to that section or the park but it was only open to employees, not cool. But it looks fun.

raven

Headed for Cobras Curse as soon as I entered the park this morning around 10:30am (park opened at 10am). The wait time was already 75 minutes but I decided to go ahead and do it not knowing if the wait would be longer during the day.

About 15 minutes into the 75 minute wait an announcement came on that the ride was temporarily closed and they were working quickly to open it. Most of us stayed in line as we saw them run train after train of empty vehicles for about 20 minutes. Then we noticed people on the ride. 5 minutes later the announcement came on again. Another 20 minutes of running empty trains then more people. This happened 2 more times and by the time we boarded we had waited 2 1/2 hours! Definitely not worth that wait. While it was fun I'd sayI would wait more than 20 minutes for this ride in the future. (This was only the 4th day of operation for Cobras Curse as well).

Falcons Fury maybe had 100 riders all day because they were constantly shutting that down as well. Several other rides had similar problems during the day and 2 restaurants ran out of meat around 2pm. Not a good day for BG guest services employees.

StageFrenzy

Headed for Cobras Curse as soon as I entered the park this morning around 10:30am (park opened at 10am). The wait time was already 75 minutes but I decided to go ahead and do it not knowing if the wait would be longer during the day.

About 15 minutes into the 75 minute wait an announcement came on that the ride was temporarily closed and they were working quickly to open it. Most of us stayed in line as we saw them run train after train of empty vehicles for about 20 minutes. Then we noticed people on the ride. 5 minutes later the announcement came on again. Another 20 minutes of running empty trains then more people. This happened 2 more times and by the time we boarded we had waited 2 1/2 hours! Definitely not worth that wait. While it was fun I'd sayI would wait more than 20 minutes for this ride in the future. (This was only the 4th day of operation for Cobras Curse as well).

Falcons Fury maybe had 100 riders all day because they were constantly shutting that down as well. Several other rides had similar problems during the day and 2 restaurants ran out of meat around 2pm. Not a good day for BG guest services employees.
oooo, yeah does not sound like the best day, Orlando was almost comfortable this weekend temp wise. How was the temp at BG?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom