Club 33

ImaYoyo

However, if you're looking for more "exclusive" areas, check out some of the areas on http://www.disneyleisuregroups.com/ . There are some areas used for private dining, business meetings, executive conferences, and Disney Institute Courses. I LOVE the main saloon at the Coral Reef. GORGEOUS space. And that Piano they have in there is beautiful.

raven

I believe it's only at DL. I took a picture of the entrance plate when I was there.
100_6075.jpg

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
However, if you're looking for more "exclusive" areas, check out some of the areas on http://www.disneyleisuregroups.com/ . There are some areas used for private dining, business meetings, executive conferences, and Disney Institute Courses. I LOVE the main saloon at the Coral Reef. GORGEOUS space. And that Piano they have in there is beautiful.
none as "exclusive" as 33 though ;)

Rosso11

They really should add a club 33 to DW. Especially with the high end trade Disney goes for. Also lets not forget the huge convention crowd Orlando brings in. I'm sure plenty of companies would pay to have their clients visit club 33. They already pay a bundle for the private parties all around DW property.

TP2000

Could someone elaborate on club 33?

It's a "Private Membership Club" that was the brainchild of Walt Disney. It was designed to be a fancy-schmancy retreat where Walt and his executives could entertain wealthy individuals and the executives from Park sponsors like Coca-Cola, General Electric, Bell System, Monsanto, Standard Oil of California, etc. It still serves that purpose, but in the last 15 years or so it also morphed into this uber-cool hangout for local SoCal Disney Fans who can afford the annual dues and expensive meals. In OC, a membership at Club 33 ranks right up there on the hip scale with the expensive Yacht Clubs and Country Clubs in very affluent Orange County, California.

It's located in New Orleans Square above the shops and restaurants. There is like a 10 year waiting list to get in, and the latest buzz is that Disneyland no longer allows folks to even get on the waiting list to begin with.

Club 33 has a reputation that is slightly inflated from the reality. I've dined there twice as a guest of Standard Oil. While it was nice, and certainly fun to see something with Walt written all over it, I don't consider it quite as nice of a meal as can be had over at Napa Rose at Disney's Grand Californian. Napa Rose is truly the finest restaurant in the North American Disney Empire; better than V&A's and Club 33 when it comes to service and food quality. The one big thrill for Club 33 for me was having a cocktail overlooking dry-as-a-bone Disneyland.

http://www.disneylandclub33.com/ is a good unofficial website, as Disney does not offer much information publicly about Club 33. There's a similar location, designed for the same reasons, at Tokyo Disneyland in their World Bazaar section of the Park.

I think they've never attempted a Club 33 in Florida because not enough major sponsors would regularly send executives to Orlando to begin with, and the local population base of central Florida doesn't have the income/demographics to bolster the ranks with wealthy members.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's a "Private Membership Club" that was the brainchild of Walt Disney. It was designed to be a fancy-schmancy retreat where Walt and his executives could entertain wealthy individuals and the executives from Park sponsors like Coca-Cola, General Electric, Bell System, Monsanto, Standard Oil of California, etc. It still serves that purpose, but in the last 15 years or so it also morphed into this uber-cool hangout for local SoCal Disney Fans who can afford the annual dues and expensive meals. In OC, a membership at Club 33 ranks right up there on the hip scale with the expensive Yacht Clubs and Country Clubs in very affluent Orange County, California.

It's located in New Orleans Square above the shops and restaurants. There is like a 10 year waiting list to get in, and the latest buzz is that Disneyland no longer allows folks to even get on the waiting list to begin with.

Club 33 has a reputation that is slightly inflated from the reality. I've dined there twice as a guest of Standard Oil. While it was nice, and certainly fun to see something with Walt written all over it, I don't consider it quite as nice of a meal as can be had over at Napa Rose at Disney's Grand Californian. Napa Rose is truly the finest restaurant in the North American Disney Empire; better than V&A's and Club 33 when it comes to service and food quality. The one big thrill for Club 33 for me was having a cocktail overlooking dry-as-a-bone Disneyland.

http://www.disneylandclub33.com/ is a good unofficial website, as Disney does not offer much information publicly about Club 33. There's a similar location, designed for the same reasons, at Tokyo Disneyland in their World Bazaar section of the Park.

I think they've never attempted a Club 33 in Florida because not enough major sponsors would regularly send executives to Orlando to begin with, and the local population base of central Florida doesn't have the income/demographics to bolster the ranks with wealthy members.

It is also the only place in Disneyland that you can get an adult beverage.

Lee

Adventurer
Love 33.....except for the whole part where dinner for two set me back $180 or so. :eek:
Best creme brule on earth, however.:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom