Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Love that summary thread!! It feels like it's real!:)
Thanks!

Yeah I'm glad it's up -- one less thing on my mind...now it is MUCH easier to see the progress we have and keep everything organized...because let's say @JackWatkinson finishes Pirates. Now instead of it getting lost in this thread...I will right away copy/paste it over into its allotted slot in the cumulative thread. Then we can continue brainstorming here with other things without having to worry about going back to find it!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Thanks!

Yeah I'm glad it's up -- one less thing on my mind...now it is MUCH easier to see the progress we have and keep everything organized...because let's say @JackWatkinson finishes Pirates. Now instead of it getting lost in this thread...I will right away copy/paste it over into its allotted slot in the cumulative thread. Then we can continue brainstorming here with other things without having to worry about going back to find it!
I would have said we do this from the start...but the thing was we needed an outline first. This type of thread would be useless without an overall plan and design of the park -- that's why these last few days I've been trying to drive home the park layout before May and other busy things begin to take up our time. If people get busy that cumulative thread will be so easy for those people to catch back up to speed to see what is left to do, rather than reading pages and pages here.

JackWatkinson

I would have said we do this from the start...but the thing was we needed an outline first. This type of thread would be useless without an overall plan and design of the park -- that's why these last few days I've been trying to drive home the park layout before May and other busy things begin to take up our time. If people get busy that cumulative thread will be so easy for those people to catch back up to speed to see what is left to do, rather than reading pages and pages here.
It's great! Well organised and it's great to see how great everyones work has been to put together to make an amazing park!

Suchomimus

post-43383-do-it-gif-Star-Wars-revenge-of-h5ES.gif

Poe Dameron

@D Hindley to show how I was drawing the map -- I actually used Disneyland as a template to sketch it.

I should have taken a picture of it before I drew it all out, but here is it with the image overlayed...Harbor Blvd on the right and backstage on the left.

Maybe slightly bigger than Disneyland around the edges (like in Adventureland) but not too much.

Originally I had the same impression as @D Hindley where it was very big. But this scale helps so much where it is similar to Disneyland. This is an excellent map.

Suchomimus

Sydney Disneyland
----------------------------------

Key
Dark Blue - Sydney Waterfront
Dark Red - Pacific Wharf
Orange - Frontierland
Brown - Critter Country
Green - Adventureland
Pink - Fantasyland
Purple - Villains Land
Blue - Tomorrowland
TS = Table Service
QS = Quick Service
S = Shop

--- Restaurant and Shop Specifics Below ---

Sydney Waterfront (Park Entrance)

TS - TBD
QS - TBD
QS - TBD

Shop - TBD
Shop - TBD
Shop - TBD
Shop - TBD

Pacific Wharf

TS - Club 32
QS - Mandarin Kitchen
QS - Sydney Duck Saloon
QS - Sarah's Sourdough Shack
QS - Bayside Bites & Confectionary

Shop - Tower Merchandise
Shop - Captain Bluebeard's Pier Gear
Shop - The Disney Gallery
Shop - The One-of-a-Kind Shop
Shop - Miss Lill's Perfumery

Frontierland

QS - Timber Peak Saloon
QS - Armadillo Cavern

Shop - Rainbow Ridge
Shop - Thunder Mesa Antiques
Shop - Paul Bunyan's Lumber Mill

Critter Country

QS - Big Al's Restaurant
QS - TBD

Shop - TBD
Shop - TBD
Shop - TBD
Shop - TBD

Adventureland

TS - Grotto Pirates Restaurant
QS - H'omaha Terrace
QS - Parakeet Island
QS - Yo-Ho-Ho (and a bottle of rum)

Shop - Sails to Te Fiti
Shop - Balloon Stand
Shop - Dead Man's Chest
Shop - Adventureland Merchado

Fantasyland

TS - Mad Hatter Tea Party
TS - Fantasia Castle
QS - Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall
QS - Mr. Toad's Fish and Chips
QS - Spoonful of Sugar

Shop - Bojour Gifts
Shop - Hundred Acre Goods
Shop - Mickey and the Beanstalk
Shop - The Steadfast Tin Soilder
Shop - Bibbity Bobbity Boutique
Shop - Practically Perfect
Shop - Merlin's Treasures

Villains Land

TS - The Hinterlands
QS - Kronk's Spinach Puffs
QS - Gerti's Munchies and Crunchies

Shop - Stromboli's Souvenirs
Shop - Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Shop
Shop - Yzma's Potion Shop

Tomorrowland

QS - Aunt Dromeda Cafe
QS - Mars Madness
QS - Saturn's Rings

Shop - Merchant of Venus
Shop - Buzz Lightyear Star Command
Shop - Mickey's Star Traders

-----------------------------------------------

Let me know what you all think! The good news about it online... any edits/additions/replacements and stuff can be done easily, instead of myself or anyone else having to re-draw it. So thoughts and feedback welcome.

My goal is to have a map similar to this to give @Imagineerland by the end of the week so he has an idea of the Park Outline which should help him ultimately make the official map:)
Doesn't having Wreck-It Ralph defeat the whole purpose of Tomorrowland since Ralph is set in the present and not the future?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Doesn't having Wreck-It Ralph defeat the whole purpose of Tomorrowland since Ralph is set in the present and not the future?
The thought process behind it (and I would ask @MonorailRed since it was her suggestion)

- It has been thrown out multiple times for a possible replacement of the Indy Speedway in the Magic Kingdom (although unlikely now given recent developments)
- It's inside a video game - giving a technological vibe
- It's a kinetic transition between animation of Fantasyland/Villains Land into Tomorrowland
c208a4473178ffe84f68294b76f49f66.jpg

- Star Wars takes place "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away" but has been a staple of Tomorrowland for years, so even something not taking place in the actual future fits.

Plus -- look to Tron, which takes place in the 1980s, but is in Tomorrowland at Shanghai Disneyland.

MonorailRed

Applebees
The thought process behind it (and I would ask @MonorailRed since it was her suggestion)

- It has been thrown out multiple times for a possible replacement of the Indy Speedway in the Magic Kingdom (although unlikely now given recent developments)
- It's inside a video game - giving a technological vibe
- It's a kinetic transition between animation of Fantasyland/Villains Land into Tomorrowland
c208a4473178ffe84f68294b76f49f66.jpg

- Star Wars takes place "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away" but has been a staple of Tomorrowland for years, so even something not taking place in the actual future fits.

Plus -- look to Tron, which takes place in the 1980s, but is in Tomorrowland at Shanghai Disneyland.
This was the thought process.:bookworm:

Do you have any attraction suggestions @S.P.E.W ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom