Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok I have missed a lot. How about Endor and Kashyyyk? They may be too similar. I love the idea of a Hogwarts Express Star Wars transportation between two lands. I don't quite see how Cairo fits with Adventureland. I will miss Lost Coast and I think that could have been good but I do think we should change Arabian Coast for one of the other ideas. The Lion King looks great! POTC will be more high tech like Shanghai. I think the right thing to do would be like Space suggested is get all the shops, restaurants and attractions etc. before we go more in depth. Good look to everyone of you here that has exams of some sort. I have no idea how schools work in America but they sound important!
The more ideas the better -- and we can decide as we go! I'll leave it to you though as the sub-lead for Adventureland to decide on the final lineup!:)

And for schools in America, some students take what are called AP (advanced placement not annual passholder lol) exams which are university level classes taken at the high school level. In subjects like Bio, Chem, Computers, and so on. Those classes take an exam in the beginning of May where you score 1-5. For most colleges/universities...a score of 4 or 5 on those exams gets you college credit and looks good on applications...so that plus everyone in college taking final exams the first/second week of May...studying and doing well on those is more important than designing our Disney Resort for a week or two for sure:p:D

JackWatkinson

The more ideas the better -- and we can decide as we go! I'll leave it to you though as the sub-lead for Adventureland to decide on the final lineup!:)

And for schools in America, some students take what are called AP (advanced placement not annual passholder lol) exams which are university level classes taken at the high school level. In subjects like Bio, Chem, Computers, and so on. Those classes take an exam in the beginning of May where you score 1-5. For most colleges/universities...a score of 4 or 5 on those exams gets you college credit and looks good on applications...so that plus everyone in college taking final exams the first/second week of May...studying and doing well on those is more important than designing our Disney Resort for a week or two for sure:p:D
Ok this is much more confusing that here. In Primary we hate SATS that give you sets for High School where you will get a GCSE. If you pass your GCSE then you can get an A-Level in college. A-Levels get you in a good University where you will get a degree.

D Hulk

I know a lot of people have final exams coming up in a few weeks, AP exams, etc -- so rather than work on elaborate content persay (ride write-ups, restaurant menus, stuff like that)...it would be great if by next Sat/Sun we had a full park line-up and generalized placement of each component of the park.

This was we can outline this park layout and give it to @Imagineerland for the map he graciously offered to do - and that'll give him plenty of time over the next weeks into May in order to do it.

Then we can all focus on the exams/work coming up knowing that the layout is good -- then all we'd need to do after finals is do the details/write-ups for each area, some of which are already complete!

What does everyone think about that?
This is a good call. I actually have the opposite problem from many others, since starting around May 15th I will not be able to be as heavily involved with this project for roughly 1.5 months.

You see, I've been invited to compete in the Theme Park Apprentice Tournament of Champions II over on Theme Park Insider (thanks to winning two seasons in a row with DisneySky and Buyan Park), and the super-tough challenges we're likely to endure will take most of my Armchair Imagineering efforts.

I might still pop around here on occasion during that time. Anyway, for these reasons I'm aiming to have fleshed out ridethroughs and such for Pacific Wharf before that time. (Tower of Terror was actually made before the TPA TOC II got delayed by two weeks yesterday.) Later today I'll submit a full list of the land's rides, shops and eateries, as that might help the whole group.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This is a good call. I actually have the opposite problem from many others, since starting around May 15th I will not be able to be as heavily involved with this project for roughly 1.5 months.

You see, I've been invited to compete in the Theme Park Apprentice Tournament of Champions II over on Theme Park Insider (thanks to winning two seasons in a row with DisneySky and Buyan Park), and the super-tough challenges we're likely to endure will take most of my Armchair Imagineering efforts.

I might still pop around here on occasion during that time. Anyway, for these reasons I'm aiming to have fleshed out ridethroughs and such for Pacific Wharf before that time. (Tower of Terror was actually made before the TPA TOC II got delayed by two weeks yesterday.) Later today I'll submit a full list of the land's rides, shops and eateries, as that might help the whole group.
No problem and sounds good that'll be very helpful! Good luck with that competition, I'll try to check over there and root you on!

From the beginning of May till June 17th I'll be studying for my MCAT exam (I take it on the 17th) so I won't be around much during the days but I'll be able to check in at night, and if I want a break or something I can flesh out a concept or two.

As long as we have a plan I don't foresee any issues with some decrease in "activity" -- that's why I think if we have an outline, a basic map to give to Imagineerland, and all agree on it -- we can then spread out the detail/concept art/content over the next several weeks while we all attend to other things...then come back end of June/beginning of July for the final drafts!

Then we have all summer to either design the 2nd park or do anything we want to really!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Frontierland Restaurants/Carts

I'm thinking of smaller cart venues in the Western River town on the water that Red had mentioned to go along with the Western River attraction to make a more kinetic town setting along the water (and not have too many "large" venues as well)

Doc Davis Magic Elixir
12994505_1337574176258078_8616104527491924986_n.jpg

Small magic cart shop on the side of the Western River Town

Sturdy Wagon
MK-Churro-Cart.jpg

A wagon shaped food cart serving popcorn, turkey legs, pretzels, french fries, and cotton candy.

Cowboy Wrangle

Small ice cream eatery cart next to the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade for after yer shootin' excursions to cool down. Serving ice cream waffle sandwiches and mickey bars.

Armadillo Cavern

Quaint quick service venue on the side of the Western River Expedition attraction, at the exit to the attraction with indoor and outdoor seating, as well as a giftshop.

Basically I'm picturing a Cracker Barrel - old country store. (something western country themed to blend in with Western River and into Critter Country)

Timber Peak Saloon

Elevations_zpsejlofjsi.png

BuionPortrait_zpsvqnj5xyo.png

Near Geyser Mountain - a saloon quick service venue (similar in menu items to Pecos Bill) themed around Geyser Mountain though instead of Big Thunder Mountain and Barnabas T. Bullion - backstory will change for the location.

Thoughts/feedback welcome!

Now onto the shops

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom