Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Maybe you can describe the layout instead? Example: The first lift hill in the rainbow caverns; after guests board the coaster and the safety spiel plays, the trains roll into the tunnel ahead (wether the tunnel is like that of WDW's or Paris' and California's version is still up for deciding) where the guest are engulfed by the darkness of the tunnel, the only sounds are the wheel turning of the coaster and the sound of a waterfall getting louder as the train goes further in. Then suddenly the train rolls into a chamber surrounded by an array of lights. One thing guests will immediately find once on the chamber lift hill is a series of kaleidoscopic pools on both sides, with an abounded rock filled mine cart on a single piece of track and mining tools near a dead campfire on the left hand side, and on the walls (still on the left hand side) eagle-eyed (no pun intended) guest can spot a cave painting of a large eaglelike figure; its massive wings spread out with lightning flashing and what appears to be rain falling from it back. As the train nears the top, mist from the waterfall cascading on opposite sides above the track shrouds some of the riders until finally the train exits the caverns and makes a sharp right (or left like the other copies) turn and the roller coaster goes on a wild ride.
That could work - but I'm definitely more of a visual person. Especially for a coaster, descriptions can only tell so much for me personally. RCT3 or planet coaster works better for visuals and putting you the reader in the experience.

With that said I just did 2 quick sketches of it - but definitely not a final version.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Pirates of the Caribbean Sea - E-Ticket
Written by @DlpPhantom
5837993262980770924%253Faccount_id%253D9

After much demand the Walt Disney Company has announced that a improved upon version of Pirates Of The Caribbean will open up with Walt Disney Worlds Adventure-land park. The new version will be the most innovative attraction yet featuring log flume sized drops and a ride that goes both out and in its ginormous show building.

Map
Orange is the queue/dark blue is ride path/light blue is ground floor or water/yellow is 2nd floor/red is the 3rd floor/purple is 4th story/green is exit and gift shop/ brown is ship wreck/ grey is skull rock
sketch-2016-10-12-18_44_37-png.168952

The ride is located at Caribbean Cove an area of adventure land park. Guest will enter through a Spanish fortress that goes around the entire land. On the inside is a small town and a dock. A Spanish warship is currently dock for defense against pirates. The entrance for Pirates Of The Caribbean Sea is located in a tower of the fortress.

Queue

The queue has guest weave under a tarp for a few minutes before entering the fort. The first room we enter contains a spiral staircase to lower and higher levels but we move on into the weapon locker the walls are covered in muskets and swords. We go up a small ramp into the canteen. The main feature is a giant barrel full of rum. A small hole is making some drop onto the floor. Also in the room is a drinking fountain hide next to a smaller barrel. The line leads into a hall way with slots for muskets to be shot from and a canon every few feet. A slow ramp resent is the transition from the colorful area to the dungeon underneath.

We pass many cells with nothing left but bones. Two skeletons die playing chess till reaching a stand still. Another has a bird and it's nest on it’s hat. Taking another turn we enter the torture chamber. On both sides on the line are skeletons in different torture devices. Afterwards guest are rerouted to one of 2 lines and proceed to the nearby loading area. The boats load like they did in the original Magic Kingdom with two boats being loaded on each side.

“Ahoy me matey’s please keep your hands and legs inside the boat so ye don't lose any of those precious limbs. Remain seated at all times we don't stop for those who fall over the side. Lastly be prepared to get wet!”

Are boat is rolled out of the boarding area and dropped down into the water. A quick turn reveals the first lift hill. At the top of the hill is the classic skull and crossbones.
DSC_3568.jpg

“So yea be seeken adventure with salt old pirates”says the skull,”then you be warned danger lies ahead and it's to late to alter course.”

We exit the fort to a great view over Adventureland. We proceed on the forts walls into another area of the fortress. We pass under a metal gate and enter the prison. Pirates fill the sells and try to bribe a dog guarding them to give the key. We pass a smaller sell with a big pirate sleeping in the corner of his sell is a parrot.

“Yo ho yo ho a parrot’s life for me.” Skawk “Dead men tell no tales, dead men tell no tales.” Whsssh “Incoming ship incoming ship, brace for impact.”

Our boat drops as a canon ball takes out the floor below us. And we plunge right I the middle of a fierce battle between the town and the pirates. A pirate captain with a red coat insults his crew and his opponents. Canon balls hit the water getting us all wet. In the distance we can see the Spanish ship coming to aid in the defense. Getting closer to the town we see a pirate boarding party struggling to paddle their way to land. Two nervous soldiers defend the main gate. But they are terrible shots so they keep missing the oncoming pirates.
PAKON_1979_POTC7.jpg

Up ahead the towns mayor is getting mercilessly dunked into the well by a group of pirates including the pirate captain from before.
DSC_4615.jpg

“Where is the map to the hidden treasure?”

Don’t tell them Carlos, don't be chicken.”

Says a women from above before she gets shot at by a pirate. On the other side of the canal an auction is going on for the women of the town. An auctioneer stands before the crowd of pirates.
DSC_3589.jpg

“Do you sell her by the pound haha” says the crowd, “We want the redhead we want the redhead.”

“Spin around deary show em your other side.” Says the auctioneer.

The boat goes under a bridge and we can see the parrot from before holding two women both dressed like pirates. The houses of the town are getting ran sacked by pirates.View attachment 168953
A few other pirates sit on barrels drinking rum another has an entire barrel up to his mouth while he chugs it.
View attachment 168957
Two drunk pirates sit in a dingy drinks more and laughing at each other. A drunk fat and tired pirate sits on the ground looking at a map behind him a scared soldier pops his head out and looks at the map. The last thing to see in this room is a drunk pirate talking to a cat.
View attachment 168954
After going under another bridge we see the pirates burning the town and singing. Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me. The scene is filled with pirates just like the Disneyland version. Including the pig pirate, the hat pirate and the filthy foot pirate.
DSC_6665.jpg

We return to the fort for one more scene and see pirates shooting cannons at each other before an explosion goes off and we drop out of the building into a ship wreck.
DSC_8732.jpg

This is where the ride starts to really become its own take on the classic. Overlooking the shipwreck is a giant skull rock. Inside the last surviving bit of the ship is a skeletal captain on a bed looking at a bed and holding a key a few pirates and the parrot attempt to take the map and key without touching the long dead captain. It's also important to note that the scene is light by the time of day it is do to being only partially inside.
DSC_5740.jpg

The boat turns towards a cave at the base of skull rock and enters the mountain thru it. Inside we proceed up a large lift hill with the words dead men tell no tales echoes through the cavern. Around halfway up the lift hill a hole in the rock gives us a view of a skeleton steering a wrecked ship in a storm.
IMG_3670.JPG

The boat reaches the top and enters a cavern filled with water falls. A skeleton reaches for a place to hold on above him. Another sits in a in water fall. The boat heads straight under a water fall into a different cavern.
View attachment 168956
Inside is a room full of gold and jewels on top of it all is a pirate skeleton around the room the living pirate crew, parrot and captain grab all of it. One even tries to make snow angel in the gold.
pirates-of-the-caribbean_alt.jpg

The boat turns away and exits the cavern. It is now in the skull the words dead men tell no tales get louder and louder until we plunge down a 75 foot drop into a bay by the previous ship wreck.
8c892ff24dce92924bad81fe71fbdda4.jpg

The ride ends after the boat goes under a bridge and back into the fort right before loading there is one last scene. The parrot sits on a treasure chest and sings the song from earlier.

“Yo ho yo ho a parrot’s life for me.”
201107261017.jpg

The boat is now brought up a shall incline on to the belt. As we see the skull and crossbones one last time.

“I see yeh made it back now make no mistakes now matey's and wait till the boat reaches a stop to disembark.”

The ride exits out into a large gift shop called tesoro bahìa. Merchandise include shirts, towels and action figures for the main pirates. It also includes a small fruit stand out side the shop.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Moana Lagoon Show - C-Ticket
2667038399292486339%253Faccount_id%253D9

I can't remember if @mickeyfan5534 wanted to do this when he returns from Paris so I'll leave this open for now aside from the artwork:bookworm:

The Enchanted Tiki World Dark Ride - C-Ticket
Written by @D Hindley
6299957764565412934%253Faccount_id%253D9

(Reimagining the Enchanted Tiki Room from an AA show into a trackless dark ride, while maintaining the original's charm. A fairly tentative brainstorming effort.)

img_2246-jpg.200336

From the outside, it seems like the classic Tiki Room. A thatched Hawaiian "Tiki Temple" sits beyond the tiki gardens, full of gentle flowing streams. The barker parrot from Disneyland's first few months is reintroduced to draw guests in. They queue past interactive Tangaroa & Friends idols, pulsing into the hut. Guests inside sit in the "theater-in-the-round" setting, in one of four seating sections facing the center, with sleeping animatronic birds above - the same setup as usual. It's all actually a little disappointing so far, since this room only features the central four (Jose, Pierre, Fritz, and Michael). No other animatronics.

Jose et al start their standard show at a cast member's beckoning. After their usual opening dialogue, the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" song begins...and the four seat sections move - each is a trackless vehicle like Tokyo's higher-capacity Beauty & the Beast variety. (This reveal - it's not a show, it's a ride - is meant to be a pleasant show-stopping surprise.) Cars reverse through what was once a wall, and into the larger interior of the Tiki Temple, built into the side of an ocean cliff. It is here where we reveal the massive cast of singing AA birds in a tropical longhouse setting, complete with Adventurer Club details, plus fun elements like a "living" ship in a bottle, lava lamps, bubbling mai tais, etc.

img_2245-jpg.200337

(Groups of cars will head out into the ride roughly every minute. I picture we would use two separate theater rooms for the start, so one is loading while the other is performing. Timing should be leisurely, allowing guests enough time in each room to enjoy the songs at an appropriate pace. If each car holds 8 (2 rows of 4), and 4 go out at once, hourly capacity should be 1,920.)

Show scenes become dark ride set pieces. The "glee club" chorus of white cockatiels is set on a spinning Bubsy Berkeley fountain stage (in a room full of aquariums and mermaids) around which cars circle. Cockatiels sing "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing." All throughout the ride, Jose and pals appear, singing and emceeing. Cars spin and they dance tracklessly with the music.

Cars exit the Tiki Temple into the enchanted nighttime jungle, teeming with all manner of exotic bird species. (Easter egg: Up's Kevin). The birds give a Hawaiian luau performance around a fire pit, joined in by animatronic suckling pigs on the serving platters and animatronic fish hooked on lines. Also little animated "dancing hula girl" figurines.

img_2247-jpg.200338

Past tiki torches and past waves crashing on the sandy shoreline. The scent of saltwater. Living, singing orchids and birds-of-paradise perform "The Hula Song." Past palm trees carved into idols. Waterways from the inland pineapple plantations sparkle and dance with Bellagio-style fountain effects.

Through a giant Moai's mouth (Easter Island head). Alongside warm glowing lava flows, where crude tiki statues and Moai all sing the "Hawaiian War Chant." A few statues surf the lava. Ritualistic drumming and dancing! Crescendo! The distant volcano erupts (screen effect). Michael: "The gods have been angered by all our celebratin'."

img_2248-jpg.200342

Cars retreat for shelter inside a dreamlike glow worm cavern behind a soothing one waterfall. Amidst beached Kon Tiki boats, the cave glistens and the entire cast - one room filled with over 50 animatronic wonders! - sings us out with a rousing climactic medley. (The exit leads to Dole Whips.)

(I'd considered an alternate version which instead explored the backstory of what magic enchants the Tiki Room, but I've opted here instead for something closer to the original show. Much of the artwork credit must go to our collective muse, @TomThordarson.)

Lilo and Stitch Treehouse - B-Ticket
(image to come)

Jack Sparrow's Captain Quest - B-Ticket

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Disneyland Railroad
A-Ticket
1918517924014534487%253Faccount_id%253D9

Inspired by railroad stations of the west along the Transcontinental Railroad, this station is authentic to the Frontier time period, as well as a structure that resonates and acts as a transport station to other areas of the park. Other stations of the Disneyland Railroad include Storybookland, Tomorrowland, and Fantasia Gardens.
@S.P.E.W thoughts?

Suchomimus

Disneyland Railroad
A-Ticket
1918517924014534487%253Faccount_id%253D9

Inspired by railroad stations of the west along the Transcontinental Railroad, this station is authentic to the Frontier time period, as well as a structure that resonates and acts as a transport station to other areas of the park. Other stations of the Disneyland Railroad include Storybookland, Tomorrowland, and Fantasia Gardens.
@S.P.E.W thoughts?
giphy.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Attractions
Pirates of the Caribbean - E-Ticket
The Enchanted Tiki Room Dark Ride - C-Ticket
Blackbeard's Ship Walk-Through - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Grotto Pirates Restaurant
QS - H'omaha Terrace
QS - Parakeet Island
QS - Sunshine Tree Terrace (Dole Whip Station)

Shops
Sails to Te Fiti
He Mele No Lilo
Dead Man's Chest
Caribbean Plaza
Adventureland Merchado

8690578803311018273%253Faccount_id%253D9

Sails to Te Fiti (Blue building)
Adventureland Merchado (pink 3 floor building)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Attractions
Pirates of the Caribbean - E-Ticket
The Enchanted Tiki Room Dark Ride - C-Ticket
Blackbeard's Ship Walk-Through - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Grotto Pirates Restaurant
QS - H'omaha Terrace
QS - Parakeet Island
QS - Sunshine Tree Terrace (Dole Whip Station)

Shops
Sails to Te Fiti
He Mele No Lilo
Dead Man's Chest
Caribbean Plaza
Adventureland Merchado

8690578803311018273%253Faccount_id%253D9

Sails to Te Fiti (Blue building)
Adventureland Merchado (pink 3 floor building)
H'omaha Terrace Quick Service
3634219908150206971%253Faccount_id%253D9

Imagineerland

So an update.

I'm going slow because this has been an unexpected challenge to translate someone else's ideas into an actual plan. And there's just so much text and images to read to get it all figured out!

But I have now basically set out the plan with rough massings and existing attractions to understand how it all fits and the pathway layout.

And it nearly all works with a bit of modification to what you have, so that's great. And it is definitely a realistic sized park, which was my biggest concern, so that is fantastic. Once I am happy with the massing, I'll start to put it down for real, and then hopefully quick progress.

The big issue, and why I am writing here. I can't fit everything in Frontierland. Both Splash Mountain and Victoria Creek Rafts are significantly larger in real life than is shown in your plan, especially because they both need some backstage space that also requires some kind of masking. I'll keep on trying with it, but I think it would make the best plan to remove Splash Mountain from this land. We should have room to move it though, at least I mean put a flume ride somewhere else, maybe not necessarily Splash Mountain. Maybe Villains Land? Could fit theme and that land could use another attraction. What are the thoughts about this?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So an update.

I'm going slow because this has been an unexpected challenge to translate someone else's ideas into an actual plan. And there's just so much text and images to read to get it all figured out!

But I have now basically set out the plan with rough massings and existing attractions to understand how it all fits and the pathway layout.

And it nearly all works with a bit of modification to what you have, so that's great. And it is definitely a realistic sized park, which was my biggest concern, so that is fantastic. Once I am happy with the massing, I'll start to put it down for real, and then hopefully quick progress.

The big issue, and why I am writing here. I can't fit everything in Frontierland. Both Splash Mountain and Victoria Creek Rafts are significantly larger in real life than is shown in your plan, especially because they both need some backstage space that also requires some kind of masking. I'll keep on trying with it, but I think it would make the best plan to remove Splash Mountain from this land. We should have room to move it though, at least I mean put a flume ride somewhere else, maybe not necessarily Splash Mountain. Maybe Villains Land? Could fit theme and that land could use another attraction. What are the thoughts about this?
Thanks for the update and glad most of the park design seems to be shaping up in the realism department.

In regards to Victoria Creek, ironically after reading through it I was actually considering adjusting the story because I felt it was kinda bland to be honest. Perhaps adjusting it to a sort of interactive attraction - so I wouldn't worry about space for that one because I'm thinking of cutting it down anyway.

In regards to Splash, we've had many discussions about it but I probably would advise trying to find a way to keep it haha. A lot of people here have a special connection to it and I really do like the idea of having it on an island similar to Big Thunder in Disneyland Paris.

Now to the map I may have a solution - apologies for the cruddy photoshop here, but taking a look at Tom Sawyer Island for example, imagine this as a sideways view of our Sydney Map (with Princess and the Frog being where Columbia Harbor House is, Victoria Creek bring closer to the Country Bears, and WRE/Big Thunder towards the bottom of the image. Cutting out the excess photoshop and adjusting the center of TSI, and it would theoretically fit

But there were two adjustments that we were also planning to the layout. One was manipulating the traditional layout to give a different experience, so the show building doesn't necessarily have to have the same design (it could be longer/narrower for example) And second is to have the queue and loading on the land side of the island, and having a scene as you drop down under the river towards the island, and as you're coming back from the island, cutting out excess scenes on the island itself.

The plan I think that could work would be to adjust the plot of land that was done in the original map to make it longer, narrower, allowing for a realistic show building...and then what I would do (and why I used TSI as an example) is we have a Moana show in Adventureland, and one of the predicaments was how to have guests be able to transport from the stage island to backstage.

What if we connected the backstage of Splash and the backstage of Moana? Making our own "Tom Sawyer Island" but with attractions instead. And there could be a designed cast member thru way possibly under the water towards the backstage proper, for additional cast facilities and emergency access.

This could all be hidden by dense forestation and shrubbery on both sides of the island, making it seem simply as if it's a transition between Frontierland and Adventureland....thoughts?

Imagineerland

I can try that, but are you also suggesting we remove the raft ride? That would also solve the problem.

I'll look at what you've suggested and try a couple other things, but just know that if you want both of those very large attractions, its not going to be the exact same layout as what you drew. Just spatially can't happen so I'm going to have to make adjustments. Its just all too large because everything on this side of the park is really large.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I can try that, but are you also suggesting we remove the raft ride? That would also solve the problem.

I'll look at what you've suggested and try a couple other things, but just know that if you want both of those very large attractions, its not going to be the exact same layout as what you drew. Just spatially can't happen so I'm going to have to make adjustments. Its just all too large because everything on this side of the park is really large.
The raft ride is gonna be removed, and I feel comfortable with that because I'm not taking out someone else's attraction and I didn't like how it came out anyway. However, I do like it as a walk-through, or an interactive location, on a much smaller scale than what is on the map and more in line with what the concept art has it at. But if that messes up the locations of everything feel free to just remove it entirely. I'm not married to the concept.

34419037160_248fe73509_b.jpg

Removing the size of Victoria Creek Rafts location will hopefully free up more space to the south.

In regards to the left hand side of Frontierland, if more space is needed, I don't see an issue with having most of the WRE/Big Thunder show buildings and content pushed outside of the berm, similar to Indiana Jones in DL. With that, similar to Radiator Springs and Expedition Everest mountain facades, the WRE/Big Thunder Mountain range from park view would look like a mountain on the side facing the park, but backstage it would house the show buildings with minimal theme.
IMG_4909.JPG

If you have to rotate around the layout a bit fell free but I can't see it being too big of an adjustment now that the Raft ride is gone.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Attractions
Peter Pan's Flight - E-Ticket
Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday - D-Ticket

Sorcerer's Apprentice - D-Ticket
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - C-Ticket
A Tangled Tale - C-Ticket
Beauty and the Beast Show - C-Ticket
Storybookland Canal Boats - B-Ticket

Casey Jr. Train - B-Ticket
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - B-Ticket
Lost Boys Neverland Play Area - B-Ticket
Cinderella Chateau - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Crystal Palace
TS - Jolly Roger Restaurant (Peter Pan)
QS - Wind in the Willows (Fish and Chips)
QS - Spoonful of Sugar

Shops
Off to Neverland
Bojour Gifts
Mickey and the Beanstalk

Practically Perfect
Merlin's Treasures
Carousel of Flight
Pastoral Symphony Boutique (similar to Bibbity Bobbity)

Entertainment
Mickey's Golden Fantasy Ball - Castle Stage Show
Fairytale in the Stars Nighttime Show
PhilharMagic Parade

Lost Boys Neverland Play Area -- similar to Casey Jr. Splash n Soak station in New Fantasyland (but with Peter Pan) transitioning from Adventureland to Fantasyland and Peter Pan's Flight
8978692989136249857%253Faccount_id%253D9

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I was just looking over the Villains Land again (Shadowlands I think what we eventually called it) and I know someone wanted a Little Mermaid attraction in the park, but since Storybookland was getting crowded we eventually moved it to Shadowsland and have it be focused on Ursula.

However, since I'm really not a fan of the film and haven't seen it in some time, I'm having trouble trying to come up with a logical story behind it. Perhaps we could leave that for Phase 2 and focus in on @gonzoWDW 's awesome Bald Mountain and just have that be the main attraction in the land, with the Dalmatian ride and Villains academy acting as supplements. Thoughts?

Imagineerland

Ok couple questions.

I'm starting to read into the specifics of all your attractions in that other thread, and I've found a few cases where an attraction in the thread isn't on the map or the other way around.

So far missing on the map: Chinatown ride in San Francisco, Buzz and Big Hero 6 dark rides in Tomorrowland, Up in Adventureland, Pooh in Fantasyland, all of Critter Country. Were these just cut and the text is still there or do I need to find place to fit these in.

And missing the descriptions: Andromeda Theater. What exactly is it?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok couple questions.

I'm starting to read into the specifics of all your attractions in that other thread, and I've found a few cases where an attraction in the thread isn't on the map or the other way around.

So far missing on the map: Chinatown ride in San Francisco, Buzz and Big Hero 6 dark rides in Tomorrowland, Up in Adventureland, Pooh in Fantasyland, all of Critter Country. Were these just cut and the text is still there or do I need to find place to fit these in.

And missing the descriptions: Andromeda Theater. What exactly is it?
The cumulative thread is a bit out of date. The map is the final copy, with some of the rides like Up and stuff having been cut about a month or so ago in order to cut down the number of attractions (particularly E/D Ticket attractions)

So as long as you have what's on the basic paint.net map you're in good shape!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom