Closing AE is just crazy!

johnvree

Think of all the poor aliens that are out of work now. What do they do? With the Presidential primaries right around the corner, this is no time to be an illegal alien out of work.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Please read my previous post. Maybe somebody else can explain it better to you but I think I did ok. Let me try something else here.

When the harnesses lower down they tell you to sit straight with your arms at your sides. Then after they touch your shoulders they raise automatically. At that point you can slouch down all you want to because the position is fixed. If you wanted to you can even shrug your shoulders up when they lower so they will be way up on top of you when you sit straight. You won't get the effects or the binural sound but they won't be ANYWHERE close to your shoulders. If you follow instructions they can't hurt because they shouldnt be touching your shoulders. The only other times they touch you is "when the alien is behind you and moves them up and down" :animwink: .

And I'm pretty sure you can bet the house that the harnesses WILL be in place for Stitch Escape. The reason is what I said in my earlier post. The attraction will be a flat out dud if they take out the harnesses and have no binural sound.

YOU ROCK DXWWF3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Sherm00
i think the stitch re-hab is a WONDERFUL thing. and what kid dosn't. the harness plain and simple HURT. if the go down when you slouch when you sit back up the should go back up but the don't . so if your the slightest bit clostraphobic it can be devistating. please disney take away the harnesses and i can give the new show a try. but if the harnesses still react like they do know, it wouldn't matter what the show is, i won't be rideing it. and most likely htere target audiance for the new attraction won't either. GO STITCH.

Well does this pic answer your question?

webstitchescape.jpg

Sorry I guess the harnesses are still intact. And you were right about one thing. This isn't going to be the best configuration for little ones. Let's just say a little kid sits behind a tall person and their harness doesn't come down enough for the kid to see as well? This could turn into a mess very quickly. I'm not going to pre-judge though. Everything might work out fine and Stitch's Great Escape might be a great hit and crowd pleaser. But it could also get VERY ugly if it doesnt. We'll just have to stay tuned until next year.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
YOU ROCK DXWWF3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Thank you. You rock as well.

Does that pic of Stitch in the tube depress you as much as it does me?

DisneyFan 2000

It can still be scary!
If you look good at that picture you will see that there are bad guys there!

Maybe the bad guys will be responsible for the effects and you will see stitch trying to escape! It will be like fantasmic in a certain way, there are the evil characters and there are good characters, the evil ones spook you but the good one saves you at the end of the day. This kind of thing can easily calm younger children with stich fighting evil guys but will still stay scary!

diegorivera2

I have a sneaking suspicion that this *ride re-do* has more to do with being able to sell Lilo & Stitch merchandise at the exit of the attraction than it does with anything else. If Vegas had a betting line on this attraction, I'd venture to say it'll be much like AE except with L&S characters thrown in.

Tigggrl

AE is one attraction I never did. I cant stand to be scared like it was described to me to be...I have great friends who know how much I can take...LOL:lol:
I never understood the "Disney" Tie in to this attraction either...maybe thats why I am glad its changing....maybe I will give it a chance now! If numbers are what they go by on most of these decisions,then my guess is...its time to go! It is definately not a family friendly attraction!

sillyspook13

Originally posted by Tigggrl
I never understood the "Disney" Tie in to this attraction either...maybe thats why I am glad its changing....maybe I will give it a chance now! If numbers are what they go by on most of these decisions,then my guess is...its time to go! It is definately not a family friendly attraction!
Thank you! You truly do rock.:sohappy:

WDWFanatic

I went on AE this week to say goodbye. S.I.R. had no eyes, the little red lights werent working on them. Skippys eyes didnt glow at all and when he gets fried after transfer the fiber optic sparks didnt work over his antennas. I think the alien had glowing eyes to but they didnt work either. How did all the characters go blind at once? i was disapointed tho they were small things not everyone would notice.

GaryT977

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
I went on AE this week to say goodbye. S.I.R. had no eyes, the little red lights werent working on them.

They weren't working when I was there in June either. A bit too sloppy for Disney, IMHO.

Walter

I don't like people saying that they don't like it because it has no "Disney tie-ins." Most of the classics have no Disney tie-ins. Did you not like SSE before the wand? Did you not like GMR before the hat? I view these as Disney tie-ins. And there's no way that this will be a thriller. There is no way that Disney would make a Stitch attraction scary. Most of my favorites are not tied in to Disney. I think that many would agree with me. I hope that this obsession that Eisner has with merchandise over quality on WDW attractions will end. I dread the thought that by 2015, EE will have the Fab 5 climbing the mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom