Clone Wars

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm I can create a thread about this... Anyone else a Clone Wars fan? I have been watching since the beginning and really like it. It has just gotten better and better with each season. If you are a Star Wars fan and haven't seen it I recommend checking out this cool video that was just release to celebrate the 100th episode, it might hook you in. :)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/02/s...atch-exclusive-clip-from-100th-episode-video/

HatboxGhost

I have loved Star Wars ever since being a kid in the theatre back in 1977 but I have not yet given Clone Wars a shot. I think its mostly due to the look of the animation. I just cant get past that.

The show is actually very good...this coming from a 36 year old. I wasn't going to give it a chance, but started watching it at one point. I do feel that since it has moved to Saturday mornings, the writing has gone downhill for this current season. Previous seasons involved deaths of some very important secondary characters including Jedi Counsel members. They've introduced future Star Wars characters such as Tarkin into the mix and some of the episodes were very, very good and sometimes suspensful leaving you wanting more and having to wait for the following week.

I have no come across that feeling this season which is unfortunate, so hopefully they get their ship in gear and churn out some more non-kiddie themes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really need to know what happens to Ahsoka.

Yeah, that has been the elephant in the room since the first episode!

The show is actually very good...this coming from a 36 year old. I wasn't going to give it a chance, but started watching it at one point. I do feel that since it has moved to Saturday mornings, the writing has gone downhill for this current season. Previous seasons involved deaths of some very important secondary characters including Jedi Counsel members. They've introduced future Star Wars characters such as Tarkin into the mix and some of the episodes were very, very good and sometimes suspensful leaving you wanting more and having to wait for the following week.

I have no come across that feeling this season which is unfortunate, so hopefully they get their ship in gear and churn out some more non-kiddie themes.

Actually I think this season has been pretty good. The Onderon story arc was very well done and although the first episode of the "young jedi" story arc had me concerned I actually think those ended up being some pretty good episodes.

The Onderon story didn't do anything for me. I thought it was long and not very interesting. The arc with the young jedi didn't do it for me either. I found it hard to believe that shortly after creating their lightsabers, these children had no issues deflecting laser blasts away. That ability is not something one instantly gains because they have a lightsaber.

The current droids arc is excrutiating for me. The first episode was okay and the tiny little alien who was in charge seemed to accept his droid companions only to revert back to treating them like garbage in the next episode. I find him annoying and rather unimportant, though I was happy to QT-KT (R2-KT) in an episode. That episode of them lost in the middle of the large white void was probably one of the absolute worst, not interesting stories I have ever come across in this show. Unfortunately this arc is not over yet....4 episodes was 2 too many.

bsiev1977

The Onderon story didn't do anything for me. I thought it was long and not very interesting. The arc with the young jedi didn't do it for me either. I found it hard to believe that shortly after creating their lightsabers, these children had no issues deflecting laser blasts away. That ability is not something one instantly gains because they have a lightsaber.

The current droids arc is excrutiating for me. The first episode was okay and the tiny little alien who was in charge seemed to accept his droid companions only to revert back to treating them like garbage in the next episode. I find him annoying and rather unimportant, though I was happy to QT-KT (R2-KT) in an episode. That episode of them lost in the middle of the large white void was probably one of the absolute worst, not interesting stories I have ever come across in this show. Unfortunately this arc is not over yet....4 episodes was 2 too many.

Just finished watching the new episode. It appears that the droid storyline is finally over. Thank god!!!

KeithVH

Anyone else underwhelmed with the recent wrap-up of events? Ahsoka just walking away into the sunset? Anakin not much different than when they started the series? Not to mention closing down production last week.

I would have thought they would use this vehicle to show Anakin's descent was more gradual as we lead into RotS. <sigh>

bsiev1977

Anyone else underwhelmed with the recent wrap-up of events? Ahsoka just walking away into the sunset? Anakin not much different than when they started the series? Not to mention closing down production last week.

I would have thought they would use this vehicle to show Anakin's descent was more gradual as we lead into RotS. <sigh>
They have made some more episodes, they just won't be running a Season 6. I read they might re-edit the episodes to form some movies they can run on TV or release on video.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'll say that my 5 year old JUST this past week got heavily into the Clone Wars, and being a lifelong star wars fan, I couldn't be more thrilled with her decision. Though I think I've probably just seen the "end" of the story and not anything prior. We started DVR'ing it, but man, it makes me want to run out and get all of the seasons. What I saw (part of Season 5), it was fantastic.

I must say that I was very saddened by the cancellation of this series. When the movie hit theaters I was stunned at how awful it was. It wasn't until shortly into Season 1 that I gave the television show a shot and was happy that I did.

The seasons became progressively better and in some cases edgy (which I've heard CN did not like). Many of the episodes were extremely well written and I hope that they announce the release of the other material that they've been working on sometime soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I really liked the season finale, but it would have been better if there was going to be a season 6. I am very disappointed that they have canceled the series, I only hope that they get the opportunity to wrap the loose ends in one form or another.

I thought the final scene between Anakin and Ahsoka was fantastic, and the walking off into the sunset was totally appropriate, if, as I said, it was just a season ender not a series ender. I do feel there was some things in the last episodes that were setting up a nice bridge to RotS. You see how the Senate and general public have started to turn against the Jedi, you start to see the roots of the Empire and you start see Anakin's mistrust of the Jedi.

I am really surprised the canceled Clone Wars at this point, I would think it would have been to Disney's advantage too keep something like this on the air until the next movie comes out.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Who's decision was it to cancel the series? CN or Lucasfilm/Disney?

I wonder if they could spin the "What happens to Ahsoka" off into a standalone movie, if they were so inclined...

Keep in mind that they probably never intended that episode to be the final...final episode. I thought it was a good wrap up and it removes Ahsoka from the picture for all the upcoming events. I honestly thought she would die and that would help push Anakin over the edge so to speak...guess not.

I think this might have been more of a Lucasfilm decision (even over Disney) to cancel the show. With the ramp up of the 3 new movies they were going to need to focus on those and not a television series that wasn't going to last much longer anyways. I'm assuming they were going to need the artists and some of the crew members for the new movies.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I wonder if they could spin the "What happens to Ahsoka" off into a standalone movie, if they were so inclined...
I have a feeling that is what will happen. From my understanding they were well into season 6 production when the ax fell. I think we will see Season 6 put into a standalone movie that will more than likely be direct to DVD.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Keep in mind that they probably never intended that episode to be the final...final episode. I thought it was a good wrap up and it removes Ahsoka from the picture for all the upcoming events. I honestly thought she would die and that would help push Anakin over the edge so to speak...guess not.

I think this might have been more of a Lucasfilm decision (even over Disney) to cancel the show. With the ramp up of the 3 new movies they were going to need to focus on those and not a television series that wasn't going to last much longer anyways. I'm assuming they were going to need the artists and some of the crew members for the new movies.

I am thinking this was a Disney decision. They already had an end game planned out for the series, probably in the next season, just don't know why Lucasfilm would willing give up on that. I can't imagine it was a crew issue, surely Lucasfilm has enough bandwidth do to an animated series and a movie. They also pulled the plug on Seth Green's Star Wars Detours project which was pretty close to premiering.

bsiev1977

I have a feeling that is what will happen. From my understanding they were well into season 6 production when the ax fell. I think we will see Season 6 put into a standalone movie that will more than likely be direct to DVD.
I've read that too. They have quite a few episodes in the can. Word is they may re-edit them into movie formats.

bsiev1977

I am thinking this was a Disney decision. They already had an end game planned out for the series, probably in the next season, just don't know why Lucasfilm would willing give up on that. I can't imagine it was a crew issue, surely Lucasfilm has enough bandwidth do to an animated series and a movie. They also pulled the plug on Seth Green's Star Wars Detours project which was pretty close to premiering.
Personally, I had no interest in the Seth Green project.
I'd rather they put as much focus as possible on the new movies. Clone Wars was near the end anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom