Clock Radios

parkhopper1213

Original Poster
Am I the only one that misses having a clock radio in my room? They removed them from all rooms last year claiming that people unplugged them and used their cell phone. We usually use the bathroom outlets for the cell phones and picking up the phone whenever we want to see the time is a hassle. You can get a clock radio if you request one from the front desk. (Which we do)

ekutchey

Our room at WL had a iDock station with a clock on the night stand during our most recent visit. I actually liked that newer set up because I could contact my phone and/or iPad. I wonder if only some resorts did away with them.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Our room at WL had a iDock station with a clock on the night stand during our most recent visit. I actually liked that newer set up because I could contact my phone and/or iPad. I wonder if only some resorts did away with them.
On our WL visit in December there was no iDock. That is what prompted me to purchase the travel clock.

Last edited:

Ted Daggett

I just got back from PO-R this past tuesday, and there was no clock, and no-iphone dock. Was annoying to wake up in middle of night, and have to reach over and turn on phone, which lit up the room, to check what time it was. Also, I brought one less phone charger thinking that there was going to be one provided... I hadn't thought to call the front desk to get a clock... Are they going to remove the TVs next, when everyone starts using their Ipads/Iphones to get in room entertainment?

CalicoJack97

I just got back from PO-R this past tuesday, and there was no clock, and no-iphone dock. Was annoying to wake up in middle of night, and have to reach over and turn on phone, which lit up the room, to check what time it was. Also, I brought one less phone charger thinking that there was going to be one provided... I hadn't thought to call the front desk to get a clock... Are they going to remove the TVs next, when everyone starts using their Ipads/Iphones to get in room entertainment?
Ted this sounds so ridiculous what wdw is doing to the rooms now, lets pray to whoevers in the sky to not get rid of those tvs! :bawling:

StarWarsGirl

In this case, I can see why Disney removed them. A lot of times, I would come into the room and find that the iDock had been unplugged. We pretty much didn't use it; in fact, I have an alarm clock at home, but use it to charge my phone and listen to music. Asking Siri to set your alarm is easier. You can likely request an alarm clock from the front desk, and there are also a lot of free apps that turn your phone into a clock.

We are DVC members, so for us, we can look over at the microwave for the time.

Buzz2001

I downloaded a clock app that turns on my phone with movement to show the time. The resorts received too many complaints about the clocks and previous guests changing the time, setting alrams, etc... Don't be surprised if/when ceiling fans may be next. too many complaints about them spreading dust. Then tubs...

DisneyPrincess5

We're here now and it's our first stay without the clocks. We're in a studio and the only thing that says time anywhere in the room is on the microwave which isn't visible from the bed/bedroom area. Weird to have nothing around that says the time. At home were used to the cable box saying the time. Oh well-phone clocks it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom