Classic Attractions

Beauty_Belle

Original Poster
Hello all!
There seems to be much talk on the future rides at WDW, and who can really blame them for we are all excited. I ask you this: what classic attraction rides or shows do you miss?
Maybe they brought back a found memory with the family or maybe there was just a sheer childish delight it brought to your day. Lets take a trip down memory lane!
Personally, I miss the original Journey Into the Imagination with Figment..... Every time I hear that song, I just start dancing around like a little girl. I miss that first scene, where you meet the dream finder and our master of ceremonies Figment! Sorry, but I cannot get enough of that little guy!
I also miss Horizons and The World of Motion. My family is not big into thrill rides, in fact I am the only one who rides them, so I miss more rides that you can go on as a family. Those two in particular we all loved riding. Horizons for that smell and at the very end picking your own adventure. The World of Motion for it made me laugh and seeing an era of a time-gone-by.
So, what classic attractions or shows do you miss?

lilmizpixie3

I am watching a home video from '91 at the moment and I just watched horizons cause my dad video taped the whole thing. I do miss it!! I remember most of it cause it closed in 1999. Also I really really really miss the alice in wonderland ride at magic kingdom. It use to be one of my favorites:sohappy:

stryker520

I miss...

I miss If You Had Wings at the MK sponsored by Eastern Airlines. It's now the Buzz Lightyear ride which I think is great but I miss the people dancing under the waterfall, the feeling of the turbo boost and the end and the song...which I'm now singing in my head thank you very much.

iKat

When I was little my favorite was Dream Flight.
I saw a video of that recently and it brought back many great memories.

I also really miss Horizons - my brother, sister, and I used to fight about which scene we'd choose, and in that part with the imax-ish film, I'd have to hold my dad's and b/c I was conviced I would fall over the edge and into oblivion.

I really wish they'd bring back those kind of dark rides.

lcsrig

I miss the original Tiki Room. I have it taped from when we went to DL. I walked out when I saw the one in WDW. I still get upset about it.

erasure fan1

I will get my flame suit on for this.:lol: I don’t really miss any of the old rides they shut down. The closest I come to missing something was the sea cabs at the living seas and now they are back (a bit different but still back) I think that the rides they got rid of were good choices. I liked world of motion but I like test track better. I think pooh is a much better ride than Mr toad. 20000L under the sea was in such bad shape I see why they closed it, what makes me mad about them closing 20000 is the fact that they have not replaced it in what 12 years. As for horizons, I liked that ride but I like mission space as well. If they closed MS and brought back horizons that would be good too. But if they never bring it back I wont care. I guess I dont mind change as long as I think its for the better and IMHO it has been.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I don't know that this is not a classic attraction by any means, but I really miss Superstar Television. It embodied what I thought MGM Studios were originally supposed to be about. It also had great repeat viewing value, because each time you went, you had a slightly different show since it was so heavily reliant on audience participation. The fact that the theater just sits empty now makes it even more depressing.

ldsprincess

aw man! i miss 20K leagues. i used to love that ride when i was little! i always thought the mermaids under the water were real! i asked my dad every time we went and he would just say "i don't know, it looks like it to me!" i was so sad when they look the ride down. man, those were the days! lol!
~Renee

Tinkerbella16

World of Motion was my favorite ride in Epcot. It's funny because my mom didn't even remember what it was until I showed her pictures and video of it.

Horizons & DreamFlight I also miss so much. I don't care for Mission:Space at all. :cry:

Dwarful

I miss the Skyway at MK. The last video we have of it was before we had our second daughter so she never got to experience it. I loved riding it in the evening and seeing the whole park lit up! I know it wasn't a thrill ride, but it was a relaxing family ride that allowed you to see the park from a whole different view!

KrazyKowboy

These may help you remember many of the old rides thanks to Martin Smith.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/tributepage.shtml

That's a great link to some great memories.

One of my favorites was the Skyway in Tomorrowland. It can also be seen in one of the links above.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/martinsmith/History of Tomorrowland - Martin Smith.wmv

4f356870.jpg

ThinkTink721

I miss 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
I was only 7 when I rode it, but I still remember how much I liked it.
I also miss the lift at the MK.
They still had it when I visited in 1994.
:wave:

PigletIsMyCat

Someone had said they miss the Alice in Wonderland ride... wasn't that only at DLR?

But, since I only have Disneyland childhood memories, and not WDW, that is the ride I miss the most... and their PotC. Those were my two favorite rides as a child, and I remember my first time on WDW's PotC almost three years ago and thinking about how different it was.

disney9752

i miss the skyway, was one of my faves, although not a ride i miss THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE, send spectro magic 2 hong kong & let wdw have msep again.:sohappy:

hammysammy59

I miss the original Imagination ride so much it hurts... it MADE my trip in '96. AE, 20K, Mr. Toad, I miss those all too... but if I could have any ride back, it'd be the original Imagination, NO contest.

MinnieMommy

I really do miss The Main Street Electrical Parade!! We have the old LP of the parade and still listen to it! (yes, we actually have a working record player) Horizons, World of Motion, and the original Imagination ride and upstairs area! So much fun in the lighted tunnel and the "blue screen" show with Dreamfinder!! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom