Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
IMG_2085.jpeg

TheOriginalTiki

View attachment 781617
Wow that is 10x better than DHS
The place making at Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge absolutely gives it the edge. The way it blends in with the rest of the park from the outside of the land, and you can't see any of the rest of the park from the inside of the land is an absolute stroke of Imagineering genius and probably the single most impressive thing about it for me.

How be the crowds?

spacemt354

Chili's
The place making at Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge absolutely gives it the edge. The way it blends in with the rest of the park from the outside of the land, and you can't see any of the rest of the park from the inside of the land is an absolute stroke of Imagineering genius and probably the single most impressive thing about it for me.

How be the crowds?
Pretty crowded especially at DCA. Trying not to do Genie but it may have to happen

NateD1226

Hey y'all! I was doing a bit of spring cleaning in my Google account recently to try and clear up some space, and I ran into a little project called Test Tractor, which came to life about two years ago for One Little Spark. It was one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on, and it brought back so many memories. Documents from different projects just started popping up one by one. I was sitting with my computer just feeling so nostalgic and captivated by all the work we had created. Not to sound overly sappy, but I truly believe this forum really helped me unleash a creative potential that I would not have today if I had never found this place. I believe I was 13 when I first started posting on here, which probably was a bit too young, but wow. I look back at the past six years that I had been posting, and my mind just feels emotionally overwhelmed by all the content we created. To put this is all in perspective, I am turning 20 this year (I feel weird even saying that lol), and I am currently studying film production in college. I have a fun job, and I just feel happy with where I am creatively/mentally.

Sorry, I know I am rambling on and on, but I just have a bit more to say! As I went to bed last night, the projects I had read and the overall memories of this platform raced throughout my mind because I truly do not think my passion of storytelling and writing would be as a strong as it is today if I did not participate in the events here. The people I met through this truly mesmerize me every single day because they are not just fellow Disney fans who like to create. They make up a community that strives to push the imagination to new heights. I am trying my best to not sound like too much of a cornball, but these feelings just seem to unravel the more I type. Thinking about all of this really made me yearn for these projects again. Now, I don't think I can just hop back into a team-based game and go crazy LOL. However, just sharing creative bits with you all is just as special.

Okay, I think this has gone on way too long now, but it just felt right to share! So many individuals here have pushed me creatively, and a lot of it has stuck with me to this day. For example, I always think about the time when Hulk was hosting an OSC comp, and I kept using a trackless ride system. He pushed so hard for me to stray away from that because there are so many possibilties when it comes to storytelling, both in attractions and on pen and paper. I still to this day think about that because I always try to ignore the norm, and instead be original and creative in a way that makes me shine. I owe a lot of my creative growth to many of you, and it is delightful logging back in here and seeing the usuals still doing their thing. I definitely have to stick around more often and not just disappear, which has happened from time to time during comps (deeply apologize for that by the way...life happens but that's no excuse at this point lol). I see the OSC is back up and running, so I definitely will have to participate in that, and this new game seems like lots of fun with some great submissions so far!

I started the last paragraph saying I was going to wrap it up, but of course, I did not! So, if you read all of this or just gave it a skim, I applaud you!!! I guess to sum it all up, thank you friends for everything you have done and will do to keep creativity alive.

Chaos Cat

Hey y'all! I was doing a bit of spring cleaning in my Google account recently to try and clear up some space, and I ran into a little project called Test Tractor, which came to life about two years ago for One Little Spark. It was one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on, and it brought back so many memories.
SURPRISE JOHN DEER RENFERENCE

John Deer5.png

(Seriously, though, this is such a sweet post and I'm glad you're doing well.)

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Hey y'all! I was doing a bit of spring cleaning in my Google account recently to try and clear up some space, and I ran into a little project called Test Tractor, which came to life about two years ago for One Little Spark. It was one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on, and it brought back so many memories. Documents from different projects just started popping up one by one. I was sitting with my computer just feeling so nostalgic and captivated by all the work we had created. Not to sound overly sappy, but I truly believe this forum really helped me unleash a creative potential that I would not have today if I had never found this place. I believe I was 13 when I first started posting on here, which probably was a bit too young, but wow. I look back at the past six years that I had been posting, and my mind just feels emotionally overwhelmed by all the content we created. To put this is all in perspective, I am turning 20 this year (I feel weird even saying that lol), and I am currently studying film production in college. I have a fun job, and I just feel happy with where I am creatively/mentally.

Sorry, I know I am rambling on and on, but I just have a bit more to say! As I went to bed last night, the projects I had read and the overall memories of this platform raced throughout my mind because I truly do not think my passion of storytelling and writing would be as a strong as it is today if I did not participate in the events here. The people I met through this truly mesmerize me every single day because they are not just fellow Disney fans who like to create. They make up a community that strives to push the imagination to new heights. I am trying my best to not sound like too much of a cornball, but these feelings just seem to unravel the more I type. Thinking about all of this really made me yearn for these projects again. Now, I don't think I can just hop back into a team-based game and go crazy LOL. However, just sharing creative bits with you all is just as special.

Okay, I think this has gone on way too long now, but it just felt right to share! So many individuals here have pushed me creatively, and a lot of it has stuck with me to this day. For example, I always think about the time when Hulk was hosting an OSC comp, and I kept using a trackless ride system. He pushed so hard for me to stray away from that because there are so many possibilties when it comes to storytelling, both in attractions and on pen and paper. I still to this day think about that because I always try to ignore the norm, and instead be original and creative in a way that makes me shine. I owe a lot of my creative growth to many of you, and it is delightful logging back in here and seeing the usuals still doing their thing. I definitely have to stick around more often and not just disappear, which has happened from time to time during comps (deeply apologize for that by the way...life happens but that's no excuse at this point lol). I see the OSC is back up and running, so I definitely will have to participate in that, and this new game seems like lots of fun with some great submissions so far!

I started the last paragraph saying I was going to wrap it up, but of course, I did not! So, if you read all of this or just gave it a skim, I applaud you!!! I guess to sum it all up, thank you friends for everything you have done and will do to keep creativity alive.
Nice to hear from you, Nate!! I’m so glad you’re doing well!

spacemt354

Chili's

Great to hear from you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom