Cinderella's Royal Table Lunch Reservations

golenium

Original Poster
Please share if you have had the same experience as me when attempting to make an Advance Reservation to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table for sometime after February 2006.

I called the dining folks to set me up with a reservation for lunch, and of course got a less than desirable time of 2:30, but that wasn't a big deal to me. I realize the place is popular and that I'm going during mid March with the rest of the spring breakers. My problem was that in order to make the reservation, I had to pay for the meals IN ADVANCE over the phone! Doesn't that seem silly? Anyways, I was not going to pay over $150 for the 5 of us before we even set foot in Orlando, I wouldn't mind putting down a deposit of $20 or so but that's ridiculous to me. I proceeded to make 4 other Advance Reservations right after that and had no problems.

If anybody else has had this problem, please let me know. Thank you.

mrtoad

When we booked ours a few months prior to our trip in Jan we only paid $25.00 down. Though I think I read that has changed. I know that several of the places to eat do that now.

In my opinion though, I would do the princess lunch in Ekershus in Norway at Epcot. The food was way better than in the castle plus you can have a glass of wine if you so desire.

Both are fun and there is something about being in the castle but if I could only do one it would be Ekershus.

golenium said:
Please share if you have had the same experience as me when attempting to make an Advance Reservation to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table for sometime after February 2006.

I called the dining folks to set me up with a reservation for lunch, and of course got a less than desirable time of 2:30, but that wasn't a big deal to me. I realize the place is popular and that I'm going during mid March with the rest of the spring breakers. My problem was that in order to make the reservation, I had to pay for the meals IN ADVANCE over the phone! Doesn't that seem silly? Anyways, I was not going to pay over $150 for the 5 of us before we even set foot in Orlando, I wouldn't mind putting down a deposit of $20 or so but that's ridiculous to me. I proceeded to make 4 other Advance Reservations right after that and had no problems.

If anybody else has had this problem, please let me know. Thank you.

kev1000

i made an Advance Reservation to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table for may 1st and i had to pay for the meals i advance at a cost of £75.00 i was told i had to pay in full dont know why you have to pay in full one thing for shure it will one thing we won't be late for.if you miss your time i bet there would be no refund.

JPVonDrake

Due to overwhelming demand, and to prevent multiple bookings or oversize bookings (booking for a larger party size than needed, etc.) all meal times (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) at Cinderella's Royal Table required the meal to be paid in full at the time of booking. Also there is a 24 hour cancellation policy to receive a full refund. This is a new policy for all meals starting February 1, 2006.

This policy has also been in place at all three Dinner Shows (Hoop Dee Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and Spirit of Aloha) as well as select special dinning events such as Candlelight Dinner Packages and Epcot Food and Wine events.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I got an ADR for CRT breakfast on 5 Feb. Because I'm using the DDP, they took my credit card info in case of no-show, but haven't actually charged anything to the card.

Oddly, it was simply a matter of saying I was using the dining plan, they didn't ask for any kind of confirmation.

Flower'sChild

Yes Feb 1st is when the changes take place. For Jan 26th when I ate there when I made reservations I just paid $10 and paid the rest when I got there. But if you book a meal on Feb 1st or after you pay the full price in advance now. I was able to book a meal for 12:05 for lunch but I will not have lunch there until April 29th and I made the reservation a couple months ago lol

golenium

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the replies everybody, it's all making a bit more sense now! It's not like they'd have a problem getting other people to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table in case of a no show, but it is good to heavily motivate people to actually show up and on time.

Nicole

And even though you have prepaid for the meal, if you cancel ahead of time (is it 48 hours?) your money is refunded. So you aren't totally committed...just really encouraged to show up if you say you're going to!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom