Cinderella's Royal Table - 8 am or late breakfast?

atilley01

Original Poster
Hi! We're looking to do breakfast at CRT but I'm torn when to make the ADR. I've heard a lot of people say that an 8 am breakfast is the way to go because you get to experience an empty Main Street. I've also heard that you miss prime RD riding time by doing that and a later breakfast is better.

I don't want to rush the meal since we're there for the characters so I'm leaning toward a late breakfast but I also like the idea of getting into the park before the crowd. This will be our first trip and it would be amazing for DD5 to see Cinderella Castle this way for the first time.

So the question is, do we go for the 8 am reservation and hope we make it out before RD or head for the rides at RD and do a later breakfast ADR? Can anyone weigh in on this and let me know your opinion?

Thanks!

draybook

Eight a.m. is just fine. You should be done right before they let folks go into FL. The last time we ate at CRT, we had an 8:05 and I think we made it out around 8:50.

jpittore1

Schedule the 8 am and avoid the crowds. If you eat fast enough you can be in line for the 9 am rope drop behind the castle and be first in line for the Mine roller coaster

MarkTwain

I dislike the idea of waking up to a 6 - 6:30am alarm on my vacation, and imagine the early morning grogginess would still be impacting me when trying to interact with any princesses, but maybe that's just me. :) I know some people are all about the early mornings at WDW, I'm just not one of those people.

If it were me I would do the later breakfast, eat a lot, and have a smaller snack for lunch as a holdover to dinner, but in the end I think it's all about what you prefer and what your vacation style is like.

DizneyPryncess

8 AM is the way we like to go. That way you're eating without wasting any park time, and you get to see Main Street mostly empty. They move things along in CRT pretty quickly, we've always been out shortly before 9. We've booked later breakfasts before if we wanted to see the park opening show, or if we didn't think we could get our daughter up & ready in time for 8 AM. There's always good reasons for both, you just have to weight your pros and cons. :)

Marianm

I plan to do early breakfast as well. For the same reasons others said - eat early, finish early, enjoy the park early!

JIMINYCR

Always better when you can schedule the earlier times. You get in first, get to enjoy the park before there are the massive crowds and your day starts off on a high note. Only con is that you have to get the kids up earlier and deal with their excitement before meeting Cindy and the others.. The meal is pretty good, even thought its pricey. Well worth the experience.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
8 am. No question in my mind. Being in the park before rope drop is an experience in and of itself. Bring a camera and snag some amazing people free pictures in front of the Castle!

thomas998

I have to assume you are doing it for the characters and atmosphere... So my only real suggestion is grab something to eat before you go, they have the worst food you will find in all of WDW. Hands down the worst, and that would be several levels below stale donuts in a vending machine at a gas station outside the park.

Also, you don't mention how many kids you have with you... but understand this going in. They charge the premium price for the kids to cover the photo with Cinderella... Well if you have 1 kid or 3 you only get 1 free photo the others will cost you even though you paid the higher price for each kid... So if you want photo with each kid by themselves and don't want to be ripped off by having to buy an additional photo, split up your party so you go with one kid and your spouse goes with the other, you sit at different tables that way but you don't get ripped off.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have to assume you are doing it for the characters and atmosphere... So my only real suggestion is grab something to eat before you go, they have the worst food you will find in all of WDW. Hands down the worst, and that would be several levels below stale donuts in a vending machine at a gas station outside the park.

Also, you don't mention how many kids you have with you... but understand this going in. They charge the premium price for the kids to cover the photo with Cinderella... Well if you have 1 kid or 3 you only get 1 free photo the others will cost you even though you paid the higher price for each kid... So if you want photo with each kid by themselves and don't want to be ripped off by having to buy an additional photo, split up your party so you go with one kid and your spouse goes with the other, you sit at different tables that way but you don't get ripped off.
I dont know the answer to this, but wouldn't Memory Maker cover the added photo costs?

Would be a shame if it didnt.

thomas998

I dont know the answer to this, but wouldn't Memory Maker cover the added photo costs?

Would be a shame if it didnt.

I believe it does include the character dining photo now... but that will only help you if you are getting the memory maker... If you weren't planning on getting it to begin with 169 for the memory maker would be a lot to pay just to avoid getting ripped by the character dining folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom