Cinderella castle...

Homer fan

Original Poster
Any chance they ever replace Cinderella castle with a new, bigger castle with a ride inside?

I would think not, but they are doing that in Hong Kong, right?

Heppenheimer

I doubt you'll ever see a taller castle, because if they build it any higher, they need to set a red aircraft warning light on the top. That would probably kill the forced perspective illusion.

Correct me if I'm wrong... doesn't the Tower of Terror have these lights?

John C. Shepherd

I doubt you'll ever see a taller castle, because if they build it any higher, they need to set a red aircraft warning light on the top. That would probably kill the forced perspective illusion.

I think i read that somewhere also!

lazyboy97o

Tower of Terror is just shy of requiring the light and taller than Cinderella Castle. It could be possible for a taller castle to receive an exemption for the light given its location in relation to Orlando International Airport and other flight patterns, along with being the center of restricted air space. The Dolphin exceeds 200’ in height but does not have lights.

KCheatle

I think there is a 0% chance of them ever removing/replacing Cinderella Castle. I also think it is extremetly unlikely that they would modify the castle to add a ride. There is so much land available that it would not make sense financially to undertake that type of project to add a ride when you could just expand. Theoretically, it would be cool to have a ride in the castle. But, realistically, it's never going to happen.

ppete1975

I'd be happy with a paint job right about now.
like this ..
See the source image

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom