Cinderella Castle Stage

JaysDisneyMagic

Original Poster
Well, I have just returned from a 10 day vacation at Walt Disney World. While I was there, I performed with Show Choirs of America in a show at the Cinderella forecourt stage. Although the performance was flawless, the stage is looking pretty old and used up.

It was a dream performing on that stage with thousands of people watching in the hub and all the way down Main Street U.S.A. Just knowing that somewhere in that crowd, a child is looking at that castle for the first time and is experiencing the magic for the first time. And also, the first person that child may have seen at the castle, may have been me. That was part of the speech given by the Disney directors.

If you seen the show on Saturday July 27, you know that the show was great. The show had many songs from "The Jungle Book, "The Lion King", and much more. The show even included day time fireworks and a grand finale featuring Mickey Mouse! I hope we touched many hearts that day.

Now anyways, that stage may look beautiful, but that stage is really out of date. The wood is rotting and needs to be replaced. The numbers for blocking are very hard to see. And the back stairs' tiles are coming off. But, there is something new about the stage this year. The pig ( a name given to the stairs on the stage ) has been cut in the middle to make doors for easy access, especially needed for the "Cinderella's Surprise Celebration" show. Which I might add, is a great show!

Does any cast members know anything about Disney fixing up the floorboard on the castle stage? I will be performing there next year so I hope they do something about it. ( Below is a photo from the show )

Attachments

• newmkshow1.jpg
    newmkshow1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 162

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by JaysDisneyMagic
Does any cast members know anything about Disney fixing up the floorboard on the castle stage? I will be performing there next year so I hope they do something about it. ( Below is a photo from the show )

nothing is in the works for it to be fixed. Basically, wood will rot in FL. I'm thinking that the floor was resurfaced less than a year ago, so it's too much of a hassle to constantly keep doing it. However, the bracing underneath it is extremely strong, so as crappy as it looks, no worries. It hasn't caved in yet

Irrawaddy Erik

as MK said the stage was re-done around October I think right before CSC debuted and I also remember that the stage also went down for a re-hap around the end of November

P.S. i saw the show and it was great ...........plus it was abnormally hot that day too and still smiles everywhere

kaos

Am I the only one that wants the stage to go away???

I miss the old days when the shows were ground level. I remember sitting right in front of the performers. Oh well.. times change I guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom