Christmas Week Rope Drop Attractions

yellowb

Original Poster
We will be at WDW this coming week for Christmas and New Year's Eve. For those that have been during the no FP+ era, what are the attractions to head to right at rope drop? I've had Touring Plans compile the schedules for the parks, and they want us to go to attractions that logic would say to go elsewhere, so looking for some actual intel.

Zé_Carioca

Just as a rule of thumb, lines seem better in the mornings and afternoon now. Around lunchtime they seem to be at their longest so I would advise to plan to do the main ones either early on or latter on. This might be different accounting for the holiday crowds so I'd still follow whatever the plan suggests.

lentesta

Premium Member
What are some examples that are in the plans that you are questioning?

Assuming a comprehensive tour of the park - around 20 attractions -
Let me know how it goes. I'd also re-optimize the plan after a couple of steps. That'll account for anything unusual happening right at park open.

The other thing I'd say is that if you're at the park entrance an hour before the park opens, and the park opens early, you should do whatever couple of rides are open. For example, if 7DMT is open an hour before official opening, ride it.

Pan, Buzz, and Space might also be open around 30 minutes before the park officially opens. You might see Pirates in there too.

The app doesn't currently know that the park opens early (neither does MDE). But we should have something in place for this in the next 30 days.

lentesta

Premium Member
What are some examples that are in the plans that you are questioning?

Assuming a comprehensive tour of the park - around 19 attractions - and arriving at official park opening, many guests would head for 7DMT first.

The software doesn't think that's optimal strategy - it would probably schedule 7DMT for late afternoon or early evening. The software would probably use the early morning for some combination of Jungle Cruise/Pirates/BTMRR/Splash, or Tomorrowland/Storybook Circus.

None of those lines, by themselves, is likely to peak as high as 7DMT's. But the cumulative time savings of getting those rides out of the way early will surpass whatever the difference in waits in at 7DMT. And that assumes 7DMT's waits in the afternoon will be higher than in the morning, which probably isn't the case.

JIMINYCR

Assuming a comprehensive tour of the park - around 19 attractions - and arriving at official park opening, many guests would head for 7DMT first.

The software doesn't think that's optimal strategy - it would probably schedule 7DMT for late afternoon or early evening. The software would probably use the early morning for some combination of Jungle Cruise/Pirates/BTMRR/Splash, or Tomorrowland/Storybook Circus.

None of those lines, by themselves, is likely to peak as high as 7DMT's. But the cumulative time savings of getting those rides out of the way early will surpass whatever the difference in waits in at 7DMT. And that assumes 7DMT's waits in the afternoon will be higher than in the morning, which probably isn't the case.

I’ve personally tested the software in the parks every week recently. I wouldn’t second-guess it.
Sorry, I was directing my question to the OP who doesnt have faith in you. Over the many years I've gone with your set ups and have always found them to be very reliable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom