Trip Report Christmas theme in DLP November '13

Hi All,

as told in a short pre-trip report we were in DLP last weekend (November 22nd - November 24th). I hope you all enjoy this trip report with a lot of pictures of our trip.

This time we were with the three of us. Me (Michel, 42), my wife (Ria, 43) and our daugther (Sacha, 16).

We departed (4 in the morning) from Rotterdam, the Netherlands, on the 22nd to be in DLP around 9 in the morning. First thing to do was the Mickey Salon. Here you can come in if you are a member of the shareholders club of DLP. Once a day you may come in to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and 2 snacks. It's open from 9 until 12 every day.

First some pictures from the inside of Salon Mickey! On the inside it looks like one of that old rooms were men smokes cigares like in the 20's of the last century!

salon mickey 01.jpg

A statue of Walt himself!

salon mickey 02.jpg

The smile says enough :) Feel like comming home :)

salon mickey 03.jpg

Some pictures on the wall inside Salon Mickey

salon mickey 04.jpg

The time is on our side :)

salon mickey 05.jpg

salon mickey 06.jpg

salon mickey 07.jpg

salon mickey 08.jpg

salon mickey 09.jpg

One of the snacks was a blueberry muffin!

salon mickey 10.jpg

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
After enjoying some time inside Salon Mickey it was time to go to one of the parks. Since it was early on a friday morning we consider that today was not a really crowded day so we have to do as many attractions as possible. We started in the Studios park. The Crush Coaster is one of our favorites and during a normal day the wait time is most of the time more that 90 minutes, so we decided to go for it. During the walk to the Studios park Ria shot some pictures.

First 2 more pictures from the inside of Salon Mickey.

salon mickey 11.jpg

salon mickey 12.jpg

We walked by the Disneyland hotel.

Disneyland Hotel 01.jpg

Disneyland Hotel 02.jpg

Then we walked by the entrance on our way to the Studios park.

Entrance DLP 01.jpg

Off course a picture of the traditional landmark of the Studios park.

Disney Studios 01.jpg

First some pictures of the inside of Studios park. As you can see there is a slight Christmas theme inside the Studios.

inside Studios 01.jpg

inside Studios 02.jpg

inside Studios 03.jpg

And also pictures of the Fantasia statue are always part of out trip.

inside Studios 04.jpg

FlaggNL

Original Poster
This was it for today. We took around 500 pictures so the next couple of days I will continue with this report. As you can see in my signature it finally will happen :) We are preparing a trip to WDW in October 2014!!!!! Firts time for Ria and Sacha so it will absolutely will be very special. After this report I will start a pre-trip report for that visit, but first things first! Please feel free to write what you think about this trip report.

Last edited:

Tiggerfanatic

Excited to see the rest of your pictures. I was able to visit DLP in September 2012 and really enjoyed it. Would like to someday see it decorated for Christmas.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Excited to see the rest of your pictures. I was able to visit DLP in September 2012 and really enjoyed it. Would like to someday see it decorated for Christmas.

Christmas is the best time to visit DLP. Although every theme is nice. As you will see in the upcoming posts the main park has a lot of Christmas, the movie park just some slight adjustments!

Longers

Looking forward to more and some of the masses of photos you took. Glad that you will finally make it to WDW in October next year

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Looking forward to more and some of the masses of photos you took. Glad that you will finally make it to WDW in October next year

Thanks for the reply :) Like I said masses of photo's but probably 2 messages a day or so :) And cant wait for October 2014 :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we are again with the continueing trip report of last weekend. As I told we started in Mickey's Salon and then went in a hurry to the Studios. It was not crowded on a friday so we wanted to go to Chrush Coaster and HTH at first. Crush was closed down for a while, so we walked to Toy Story Land and decided to go for HTH, just 5 minutes waiting line. After that we went back to Crush Coaster and since the waiting line was just 30 mins we went for it. On a crowded day the minimum is 90 mins waiting.

Fantasia statue 01.jpg

The Fantasia statue, still on of the best statues in DLP!

Entrance Studios 01.jpg

Inside the Studios a glimpse backwards to the entrance.

mickey signing 01.jpg

Always nice to see that directly after going in the Studios you find Mickey for a photoshoot and autograph signing :)

Studio 1 01.jpg

Just a shot from the first building you see after walking in the Studios.

Me and Santa 01.jpg

Inside studio 1 a glimpse of the Christmas theme, so had to go on a pic with Santa :)

Peter, Wendy and Tink 01.jpg

One of the landmarks of the Studios. Peter and Wendy flying to Tink.

Walt in stars 01.jpg

Off course Walt has his own statue in the Studios. And nothing better than being between the stars :)

Studio 5 aka Crush 01.jpg

A view to Studio 5, with inside the Crush Coaster one of the best rides in the Studios.

Buzz 01.jpg

On our way to HTH we passed by Toy Story land with Buzz :)

HTH 01.jpg

In the far side you see HTH towering above everything inside the Studios.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
On our way to HTH we took some pictures of Toy Story Land. Although the waiting line for HTH was just 15 minutes me and Sacha took fast passes for 15 minutes later so we had some time to explore the shop of HTH.

Some pictures of Toy Story Land:

Lights 01.jpg

Plane 02.jpg

Jeep 01.jpg

Zigzag 01.jpg

Zigzag 02.jpg

Always the beautiful view to Hollywood :

Hollywood view 01.jpg

Sacha in front of HTH:

Sacha HTH 01.jpg

Some pictures of the HTH shop:

HTH shop 01.jpg

HTH shop 02.jpg

HTH shop 03.jpg

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The last reply for today :) Off course I will continue later this week :) Still masses of pictures to go!

First some more pictures of the inside of the HTH shop. After that on out way to the RRC and passing by one of the less exciting attractions of DLP.

HTH shop 05.jpg

HTH shop 06.jpg

HTH shop 07.jpg

HTH shop 08.jpg

HTH shop 09.jpg

HTH shop 10.jpg

HTH shop 11.jpg

on way to RRC 01.jpg

on way to RRC 02.jpg

Armageddon 01.jpg

And again please be free to reply if you like it so far. There is much more to come, and off course lots of Christmas theme pics of DLP!

mickey2008.1

It is great to see a different park from around the world and how it is set up. I see many similarities, but many differences as well. Looking forward to the rest of your TR. Can't wait to see the French cuisine.

Laurenciaa

Oh yeah a DLP TR ! I still need to wait until February ( stupid examans..) .. But the photos are lovely ! it looks like it isn't to crowed ?! Groetjes vanuit België :D !

FlaggNL

Original Poster
It is great to see a different park from around the world and how it is set up. I see many similarities, but many differences as well. Looking forward to the rest of your TR. Can't wait to see the French cuisine.

hej thanks for the reply! You will see when I post pictures from DLP that there are more similaritie,s but also a lot of European infuences. We took some pictures of our meals in the restaurants, but they are not really French. This trip was mostly a 'junkfood' trip :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
interesting ? , the amageddon, thing , is it a show or what is it ? .... this is intreging... do you have any more pics of this.. ?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Armageddon is not really a show... although the only thing you can do is stand and watch. We did't do Armageddon this trip, like I said its the attraction we like the least in Studios Park. But hej, here is a link to a movie on youtube, watch it and you know it :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Oh yeah a DLP TR ! I still need to wait until February ( stupid examans..) .. But the photos are lovely ! it looks like it isn't to crowed ?! Groetjes vanuit België :D !

hej thanks for your reply :) February is also a nice time be in DLP, although it can be quite cold :) On the pictures so far it was not that crowded, it was a friday and when not in a European holidays period fridays are ok. But in the future posts you will see that saturday and sunday was really crowded :) And hey it's just 2 months and a couple of days and you are back home :) Our next DLP trip will be in April '14 I guess and much better October '14 we finally will be in WDW!!!! groetjes terug uit Nederland :)

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
We continue our Trip report with more pictures of the Studio park in Paris!

Armageddon 01.jpg

One of the vehicles used in the Armageddon movie!

Sacha decided that she wants to ride RRC, since the waiting line was also just 5 minutes! In the way to RRC Ria took some more pictures!

Moteurs 01.jpg

cab 01.jpg

studio 01.jpg

While Sacha and a friend went into RRC we took some pictures from the outside and then walked in. The shop was closed, so no pictures of that. Just some inside and offcourse Sacha just after the ride.

RRC 01.jpg

RRC 02.jpg

Inside RRC:

inside RRC 01.jpg

inside RRC 02.jpg

inside RRC 03.jpg

Two more post will follow in a short while :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Just a short reply with just 3 pictures of the Studio park. Next one will be DLP and the Christmas theme :)

pictures 01.jpg

A nice painting of Jungle Book :)

Mogwli 01.jpg

A final overview of the Studios before going to DLP!

overview studios 01.jpg

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The final post of today :) We left the studios and went walking to DLP.

After walking in the first thing is the big Christmas sign :)

entrance DLP 01.jpg

The town square. DLP has a new Christmas Tree this year! A wonderfull one and more special a show every beginning of darkness with the voices of Jiminy and Pinochio, but that will come later!

tree 01.jpg

tree 02.jpg

We were lucky, just after we arrived in DLP the new Christmas Cavalcade came by within 5 minutes :)

Christmas Parade 01.jpg

Christmas Parade 02.jpg

Christmas Parade 03.jpg

Christmas Parade 04.jpg

Christmas Parade 05.jpg

Christmas Parade 06.jpg

Christmas Parade 07.jpg

That's it for today! Next couple of days much more to come! Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom