Christmas Season Can't Miss....

kimberlymautz

Hi Everyone,

We are traveling to WDW in December and I'm looking for everyone's favorite things to do at WDW during the month of December.
We have tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas and Hollywood Studios' Jollywood Nights.
I know that Disney Springs usually has the Christmas Tree Stroll and where we can meet Santa, but I'm not sure of what else we can find!
What are some of your "can't miss" things to do in December?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I think most MK and HS stuff is hit on with the parties. A few attractions will have party overlays, including Space Mountain. I believe the list is on the website. If you won't have a MK day ticket I'd recommend getting to park early enough to do consider Jingle Cruise.

Agree with everything nickys said. The resorts I'd personally prioritize are Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Grand Floridian for standing out the most. Contemporary and Polynesian are nice too, and then Beach Club for the chocolate carousel and Yacht Club for, I think, the train. The monorail resorts are best hit one evening hopping between. For EPCOTbl resorts consider a breakfast in the area and then hopping between before jumping into EPCOT.

We did a dining package for Candlelight Processional and enjoyed it. IMO it's worth attending even if not religious because it's a beautiful production.

Consider sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness.

Merry Menagerie at Animal Kingdom is delightful.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
I had no idea that Fort Wilderness has Sleigh Rides. How fun!
I knew about the Candelight Processional, but I've never been. I'll have to add it to my "Must Do" list.

My daughter keeps talking about how she wants to go on the monorail so maybe we'll use it to visit Grand Floridian.

Thank you both so much!

Upvote 0

LeighM

My favorite things at WDW in December are the resort lobby Christmas trees and gingerbread displays. It forces us to slow down and really enjoy the decorations and atmosphere. And the snoap at Disney Springs at night after doing the Christmas Tree stroll was really nice too. Guess I have a weakness for fake snow in Disney World lol. I didn't get a chance to do much of Festival of the Holidays at Epcot because of large crowds. Fingers crossed for next time!

Upvote 0

heapster411

Candlelight Processional w/Dining Package. For the DW & I, that's our kindling that lights up our "Christmas Spirit". Also, the "Cookie Stroll" with the Festival of the Holidays helps. Can't have enough cookies, Right?

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Candlelight Processional w/Dining Package. For the DW & I, that's our kindling that lights up our "Christmas Spirit". Also, the "Cookie Stroll" with the Festival of the Holidays helps. Can't have enough cookies, Right?
Oooh! I'll have to check out the Dining Package. Does that get you specialty seating for it or something? We only did WDW in December once and that was 13 years ago (with the exception of 1 night at Disney Springs I had with a friend 5 years ago) and it'll be our last WDW trip for at least 5+ years so we want to make the absolute most of it. I've see the Cookie Stroll! So cute! I'm adding that to my list as well.
On our down day… well
It was supposed to be. We went to Disney Springs for the Christmas tree stroll. Then we went to Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house! This is a must!!! Epcot will has a cookie stroll… which is really fun!
Yes! A friend and I had ONE night in Orlando about 5 years ago and got to do the Christmas Tree Stroll and LOVED it. I have a stop at GF on my list for when we take a ride on the monorail on one of our "free" days.
As much as I find the GF gingerbread house impressive, my favourite is the BC carousel.
Oooooooh! I'll have to add it to my list as well!

Upvote 0

Schweino

I second @nickys comment about doing a resort tour. We LOVED this during our December trip last year. It was so neat to see what all the resorts did to decorate for the holidays. We didn't get to hit every single one, but Grand Flo is pretty awesome.

We also did the Candlelight Processional Package. The show was pretty great and worth it. Don't do Le Cellier though, do something else.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
I second @nickys comment about doing a resort tour. We LOVED this during our December trip last year. It was so neat to see what all the resorts did to decorate for the holidays. We didn't get to hit every single one, but Grand Flo is pretty awesome.

We also did the Candlelight Processional Package. The show was pretty great and worth it. Don't do Le Cellier though, do something else.
Oh man. Why no Le Cellier?

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

Definitely do a resort crawl…check out the GF and BW…candlelight processional…we did go with Biergarten but I was really disappointed…my choice would be Garden Grill. In addition to Jingle Cruise and Space Mountain, don’t forget to check out the Christmas overlay on LwtL especially at night…enjoy!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom