Christmas Resort touring?

NewfieFan

I've only seen the Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge during Christmas. What other resorts should I add to the list? We love Christmas decorations and I'm taking my parents who have never seen Christmas at the World.

Does Contemporary have anything special? What about the Poly? I'm wondering with construction what (if anything) they will do for the Holidays. I've never seen the WL tree either.

How about the Epcot resort area? Anything worth seeing over there?

Thanks

bee

I've done the whole Monorail circuit at Christmas time. Contemporary (if I recall correctly) has a giant gingerbread house. I'm not sure what Polynesian will have this year due to construction but I remember enjoying it in past years. The Swan and Dolphin both had beautiful decorated lobbies as well.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Original Poster
I've done the whole Monorail circuit at Christmas time. Contemporary (if I recall correctly) has a giant gingerbread house. I'm not sure what Polynesian will have this year due to construction but I remember enjoying it in past years. The Swan and Dolphin both had beautiful decorated lobbies as well.

The Grand Floridian has a big gingerbread house, so does Contemporary have one too?

Never thought of Swan and Dolphin!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The Grand Floridian has a big gingerbread house, so does Contemporary have one too?

Never thought of Swan and Dolphin!
Contemporary has had different gingerbread displays the past few years but nothing like (or as big as) the house at GF. Poly is usually disappointing when compared with the other resorts.

Make sure to visit Boardwalk when you are in the Epcot resort area, a great gingerbread creation there. And Yacht Club has an amazing train set layout.

Upvote 0

bee

Contemporary has had different gingerbread displays the past few years but nothing like (or as big as) the house at GF. Poly is usually disappointing when compared with the other resorts.
Yep, it's smaller but it is there. I remember there being other things in the gingerbread area in addition to just the house. WHAT exactly they were I don't recall at this moment, though.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

I've only seen the Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge during Christmas. What other resorts should I add to the list? We love Christmas decorations and I'm taking my parents who have never seen Christmas at the World.

Does Contemporary have anything special? What about the Poly? I'm wondering with construction what (if anything) they will do for the Holidays. I've never seen the WL tree either.

How about the Epcot resort area? Anything worth seeing over there?

Thanks
Definitely the WL, also BWI and BC and YC.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

When do the decorations go up?

Everything is in place on or before Black Friday (Friday after Thanksgiving). It is amazing that if you happen to be at the resort at the right time. You can go to sleep with no decorations and wake up and go into the lobby and suddenly see that Christmas has arrived.

If you have the time then hit at least all of the deluxe resorts. My favorites are AKL, WL and the GF, but try to hit them all if you can.

Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Beach Club
Yacht Club
Boardwalk
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Wilderness Lodge

The Polynesian Village Resort may not have much to offer for the 2014 holiday season with all of the lobby changes currently happening.

Saratoga Springs is also nice. Not up to par with the lodges or GF, but still nice.

DTD has Santa and decorations throughout. Again there is a lot of construction happening so decorations may be a little weaker than in the past for this season.

Upvote 0

LucyK

By my research most decorations will be up by the week before Thanksgiving and the gingerbread houses are done by the 15th.

I have a day off on the 19th that I plan to resort hop and I'm hoping all the decorations are up by then!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom