Christmas Party / Dessert Party Question

drkokintz

Original Poster
I wanted to ask a question that I'm sure will upset some, but I'm just kinda curious if anyone's tried anything like this.

I've been hoping to do the MK Dessert Party for a while now, but haven't had luck in getting an opening when we could be there. We're planning a trip for next weekend, and I was searching for availability. I got an opening for 11/11 and there was much rejoicing. Then, after a while, I realized (having been too excited to read the bold print on the reservation page and on my confirmation e-mail) that this was actually the dessert party being held during the Christmas Party.

We have annual passes, but we don't live close by. We considered buying tickets to the Christmas Party, but in the end decided the expense was a little too high, and I cancelled my dining reservations.

But then I got to thinking... What if I had kept the reservation, and simply not exited the park for the Christmas Party event? Would I have been turned away from the dessert party if I didn't have the wristband?

I honestly don't know how aggressive the CMs are in getting non-event guests out of the park for hard ticket events. So, I was just curious if anyone had tried anything like this or had any thoughts about it. FYI, it's personally moot now, as the reservations are no longer available. But I'm really curious about what you all think.

PhilharMagician

Disney states that tickets to MVMCP or MNSSHP hard ticket events are required to be able to go to the Tomorrowland Terrace desert party if it is on a party night. I personally will not do the desert party during a hard ticket event. You already pay all that money to go to the hard ticket event and then have to pay more and not be able to do any rides or shows during the time you spend at the desert party.

You could try, but it could be a hard lesson learned. I personally would not.

Jimmy Thick

Disney does get people who don't have tickets to special parties out the park pretty efficiently, they usually have small groups floating around the park looking for wristbands, and if you don't have them, they point you to the exit and in a Disney way tell you you really can't do nothing so you should go.

Jimmy Thick-And people still complain without wristbands, thats part of the fun!

coachwnh

we did the dessert party during a party last year (i believe the Friday night after thanksgiving). even though it added to the expense, on that night for us it was worth it. we have done the dessert party three times, and loved it each time. when the crowds are bigger, it really is worth it to pay for the view. we did it this summer for the 4th of july fireworks (on the third). again, well worth it!!

DABIGCHEEZ

I think in one of the other threads someone posted... but people love to waste their money. Seems to fit here, MVMCP, Wishes Dessert Party, and on top of it to do both the same night!!!

Sorry...just makes me laugh. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom