Christmas / New Years Trip Advice

Gartdog

We will be visiting WDW from December 27th through January 3rd. Has anyone visited during the holidays and found any special goings-on that they would recommend we check out? Thanks!

durangojim

If you're Christian, check out the Candlelight processional at EPcot. See the New Years eve fireworks on Dec 30th at the MK (they do them on both the 30th and 31st), go to Epcot or MGM for new years eve, walk through the spectacle of lights at Mgm and enjoy the snow and hot chocolate on new york street. You'll have a blast, it's one of our favorite times to go.

Upvote 0

carlosjvm

hello everyone ,i just have one question during the midnight new year fireworks of the 30, does they launch perimeter fireworks or thats only on the 31?

Upvote 0

kennygman

Get up early, you'll get most of your rides in before the crowd. Most of the crowd goes to the late EMH, so as a rule, go to the park the day after late magic hours.

Upvote 0

col

i was there last year and had the best time!!

everything there at that time is so special, you may want to try:
the osborne lights at disney/mgm studios
candlelight processional at epcot

seeing the christmas trees at the parks:
AK has wooden animals on it
MK is like a huge xmas tree full of baubles and stuff
STUDIOS has father christmas all over it
EPCOT's tree has baubles with messages of holidays that are represented in world showcase
they way they are done is fab!

then try seeing some (if you have the time) at the resorts -coz each resort has its own theming each tree is different aswell as the decorations

there are also multiple shows of fantasmic, wishes and spectromagic of a night most of these shows happen when its EMH's.

see the gingerbread house at the GF -thats huge!!!

i spent new years in epcot and had the best new years ever!! you can get a free hat and horn for new year celebrations and they are worth it. just get to any park early -i went to epcot about 1pm and there was lines and that was from the disney buses and the lines for the cars was even longer. choose which park your gonna be at and get there early.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

As others mentioned...go early! you'll be glad you did and don't forget to take full advantage of fast passes. Candlelight processional is amazing, as are the lights in mgm. check out the special holiday events...my kids love visiting CBJ to see the Christmas show and all the decorations...

Upvote 0

Tim G

If you're Christian, check out the Candlelight processional at EPcot. See the New Years eve fireworks on Dec 30th at the MK (they do them on both the 30th and 31st), go to Epcot or MGM for new years eve, walk through the spectacle of lights at Mgm and enjoy the snow and hot chocolate on new york street. You'll have a blast, it's one of our favorite times to go.
And... if you're not a Christian, check out the Candlelight processional at EPcot.... :cool:

Upvote 0

njblackberry

Be prepared for the crowds. Lots and lots of people.

On the 30th they did do perimeter fireworks at MK at midnight last year. The park also had EMH so I think it was open until 3AM :)

Epcot on NYE was great. Packed, but outstanding fireworks.

The hotels are spectacular. Don't miss the Boardwalk and Grand Floridian in particular.

Be prepared for the crowds. See you there!

Upvote 0

sarajo

I believe MGM has EMH hours on New Years Eve- at least it was last year and I thought I saw that it had it again this year (I could be wrong, though!).

Be sure to check out the Osborne Family Lights at MGM and Candlelight Processional at Epcot. The parade at MK is neat, too. Our DD really loves that parade.

All the resorts have really neat and uniquely themed decorations. GF has a life-sized gingerbread house (my DD thinks it smells "great" when we walk by it) that is actually a merchandise kiosk. DAK also has some very unique holiday decorations. But, you won't go wrong by checking out any of the resorts during the holidays.

Be prepared for lots and LOTS of people and rather unpredictable weather. We've gone down there for the past 12 Christmases, and one year we had very cold weather (30's) and another year it was in the 70's and 80's. Last year, the weather was pretty moderate- 60's and some 70's, with 50's in the evenings. So, pack accordingly and do pre-trip searches on accuweather to see the forecast.

The week after New Years... I've been told that it is pretty quiet, and a pretty decent time to go.

Upvote 0

col

what are crowds like the week after new years? I may go from like January 4th to the 9th..are they a little less or what?

the crowds after january 2nd seem to become less and less. most people only go for xmas and new years and leave 1 or 2 days after new years.
when i was there the crowds seemed to go down each day after jan 2nd -which was really good.

Upvote 0

Gorjus

Country Bear Jamboree inappropriate:
for young children? we had our 9 and 3 yr old there and I thought it was okay.

This, first was a joke, and second is in reference to a VERY long thread in which the original poster thought the mention of blood and guts and killing was innappropriate for young children. The thread then took on a life of its own and is considered one of the classics. Long story short the original poster was in the minority when thinking that CBJ was innappropriate.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Sorry when I mentioned CBJ I forgot about the other thread..I just thought that the poster asking about advice might not know it was a holiday themed show and skip it...we like to go to see how CBJ is decked out for the holidays.....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom