Chris Benoit, family found dead

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
WWE.com said:
Chris Benoit, family found dead
Written: June 25, 2007

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just to note, he was scheduled to wrestle CM Punk at last night's Vengeance PPV for the ECW World Title but left before it happened and missed the match (Johnny Nitro replaced him)... he had to fly back to Atlanta for a family emergency. What happened after that... we don't know yet.

We just lost "Sensational" Sherri Martel 10 days ago as well. And all of this is happening after that _______ horrible Mr. McMahon death angle...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
I last saw him wrestle in a amazing match against Edge at the SmackDown! taping in Orlando on June 5th (a mere three weeks ago)... he lost, but after the cameras stopped rolling and he got up we also gave him a long standing ovation.

Slipknot

First Eddie Guerrero suddenly. Now Benoit and his family? ???? I just hope it was peaceful for them!!!!

I'm glad I got a chance to watch him wrestle at more than 3 live events and see him do what he loved and entertain the fans.

BTW, Didn't someone here post some pictures of Chris Jericho and Benoit at Magic Kingdom a few years ago??

R.I.P. Chris Benoit :( :cry:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I am stunned. Chris Benoit was what I considered one of the old school wrestlers that is keeping this industry alive. Truly sad news.

WDWFREAK53

This is horrible...he was one of the true "men" in the world of wrestling.

RIP Chris, Nancy, and son

I haven't been following WWE too much...what was the "McMahon death angle?"

What's weird is the "curse" of the Stu-Hart Dungeon...

Slipknot

Gun shots ruled out as cause of deaths, thank goodness!!!

He pulled out of a house show and was replaced by Nitro at the PPV last night. He told officials (WWE) because his wife and son were sick and he had to take care of them. Hmmmm..... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom