children with strollers

dsnyfreak

Im planning a trip in Dec. with my 3 year old and an infant who will be about 6 months old. My question is should i take 2 seperate strollers OR buy a double stroller? has anyone had to do this on the bus system with a double stroller? I was thinking to bring the double and then, just driving to the parks everyday.ideas?

Gig 'Em Mickey

Double. With a 6 month old, he probably won't be in the stroller the whole time, will need some carry time. The other can't push two strollers and monitor a 3 year old.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will depend on your "support staff". If you have others with you that can take stroller duty than 2 smaller strollers are much easier the handle than one big one. If it is just you and your 2 kids a double stroller is really your only option.

Upvote 0

dsnyfreak

Original Poster
my DH will be with me and possibly my DD who will be 18. but should i just drive to the parks and park there or try to deal with the buses?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
my DH will be with me and possibly my DD who will be 18. but should i just drive to the parks and park there or try to deal with the buses?
All things being equal I would say drive but strollers can really complicate this issue regardless of what you do. Smaller umbrella strollers are typically not an issue but once you step up to the larger double, jogging or all terrain strollers it can be tricky if not impossible to get them onto the parking trams. We had the Jeep Liberty all terrain stroller, which is not huge by any stretch of the imagination, and it bordered on impossible to get on the parking trams. More often than not my family would take the tram and I would walk to the entrance with the stroller. Not a big deal if you get there early but if we rolled up to MK at noon I had a good mile + walk ahead of me. Buses that were not packed to capacity tended to be a bit more forgiving on a larger stroller but not by much.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

We've done it both ways with strollers, and we prefer to drive to all of the parks with the exception of MK since we always stay at a MK area resort.

In fact, even when we no longer need strollers we will continue to drive to the parks. We've found it is easier and less time consuming than the buses.

As far as strollers go, some people prefer a double, others don't. We prefer taking two small strollers. It is hard enough to navigate through crowds with a small stroller....a large one makes it that much more difficult.

Upvote 0

Mickey-Mommy

I would recommend driving to the parks and getting a AAA parking pass. That way you can park closer and not have to fold your stroller up to get on the tram either. You can get these at either a AAA if you bought your park tickets or package there or you can do what I did and bought mine off ebay for $12. Definitely worth it to me!

As for the stroller goes my vote is for the double stroller. My reasoning is if any of the other 2 are on rides, the other left behind only has one stroller to deal with. Plus you only have one stroller to find in a sea of them after you get off a ride, probably would have more storage and have everything right together in one. When we took our 6 month old down last April, he stayed in the stroller most of the time (unless going on a ride, etc). Also make sure to get one that reclines so your little one can sleep. Your 6 month old won't be too comfortable in an umbrella stroller, IMO. They also have ones where your 3 year old can sit or stand while your 6 month old sits in the front. Might take up less space than a dbl stroller. I saw one while we were at Baby Depot last week.

Upvote 0

KristieLC

Just going on what a friend told me, who had two strollers on her trip. She said it was easier to maneuver and all that, but had issues with the strollers being moved in stroller parking and more often than not, they were found on opposite ends of the designated area. She was fine with them moving the strollers to make room as others left, but found the search for two annoying. She suggested that for anyone wanting two, make one an umbrella stroller that can be folded up and put inside the other, to keep them together.

Upvote 0

emaginear

My mother is taking our 9,4,3 yr old this memorial day and she is thinking of buying this double umbrella stroller. (See link below)

Over Spring Break she and our 9 yr old saw a family using it. I have not seen it, but they are trying to tell me it folds down to the size of a single umbrella stroller. Might be worth checking it out. Click the link below to view.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3082737

She also said a bus driver told her that the buses that have the flat gray large flat area over the front wheels, can be used to place folded umbrella strollers on. Whether its true or not...I do not know!

OR

you could start a "stroller fund" now and by time your trip is here you could just rent the stroller at the parks.

I really wish Disney would start a stroller add-on feature, like dining plan, when purchasing your vacation. This would make parents lives so much less stressful with this age-old trip planning issue!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

icoobaby2

Im planning a trip in Dec. with my 3 year old and an infant who will be about 6 months old. My question is should i take 2 seperate strollers OR buy a double stroller? has anyone had to do this on the bus system with a double stroller? I was thinking to bring the double and then, just driving to the parks everyday.ideas?

Hey dsnyfreak. I understand your problem.I suggest you to have double stroller because it is very hard to carry both children in single stroller.When I visited Disney land I took Hauck Shopper 7 stroller to carry my baby.

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

I have seen a Combi stroller that is a tri-fold I think so it takes up a lot less space. In fact, when my DW and I went stroller shopping for our first DD last year and we got a combi. one of our main concerns was that it had to be as small as possible when folded because we knew we would be taking it to WDW, and we were thinking of everone else on the Diseney busses and how much we hated it when someone brought on a huge stroller and was hitting people with it. So I am one of the considerate people.

Upvote 0

erstwo

We have a huge hand me down double stroller along the lines of this one:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2899790

We stayed at All Star Music in December and it was a hassle to take on the buses. It is huge, even when folded and we felt like we knocked into nearly everyone on the bus one night after Wishes.

That being said, we had a 5 year old and a 2 year old at the time, so we felt like it was kind of overkill for us to have a stroller that big. Next trip we will take 2 smaller strollers. Now if we had an infant and a 3 year old, we might think it was worth it to bring our double again.

Have a great trip!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom