Child Car Seats

Skofo

Hi,

We're visiting from the UK in August, and we're renting a car. We have two kids, 6 and 3 years old. My understanding of Florida law is that the 3 year old needs to be in a car seat, and there are no regulations applying to the 6 year old (though we will bring a booster along anyway).

We visited when the older child was 3 and hired a car seat for him from the car rental company, which cost us around $150 - $200 dollars for the two week period. Now, I've seen that you can buy perfectly reasonable looking car seats from Walmart for $50, so the plan this time is for my wife to take the kids back to the resort on the magical express, while I drive to the Walmart which is on the way from Orlando International and buy one for ourselves. On the face of it, I don't see why this wouldn't work, but has anyone done this before, and are there any obvious flaws in the plan (I'm thinking I may have misunderstood the laws regarding car seats, etc)?

Patcheslee

Is there a way to ship it straight to the resort to avoid Wal-Mart? The only flaw I could see is bad luck of carseats being out of stock, and the time away you would have to take. I realize the wife and kids would still need to take Disney Express, but it may be an option.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Other than the annoyance of dealing with Walmart I do not see any flaw in your plan. We did something similar when flying up to New England a few years ago.

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Shipping can be risky; I did this years ago flying in from Europe with a one night stay at an airport hotel. Luckily I had been tracking the shipment from the place I ordered it and it was clear that they had sent it to a wrong address (as in a different US state) and it was showing as being returned to sender. Rather stressful when you are counting on the car seat to be there for a long car trip! Since I caught the problem a few days before we left I was able to get them to resend a car seat, but it would have been extremely problematic if it hadn't arrived. And while Walmart might sell out of a particular model, they are unlikely to sell out of ALL car seats, so as a worst case scenario you may have to pay for a slightly more expensive model. And then again, they may have models in the store that aren't necessarily sold on the website.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom