Chicco Stroller, Jogging stroller or umbrella stroller???

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Ahhh I don't know what to bring for our 6 month old when we're in Disney in August. I want her to be comfortable, so I'm thinking the umbrella stroller won't be enough for her... But I also don't want to have a big, huge, clunky stroller on the buses and whatnot. We are staying at the Dolphin, so we'd only be getting bused to MK and AK (so it's not that big a deal, but still).

What did you bring? Did it work out?? HELP! lol

Any thoughts or helpful comments are greatly appreciated.
:rolleyes:

Disneygal99

Ahhh I don't know what to bring for our 6 month old when we're in Disney in August. I want her to be comfortable, so I'm thinking the umbrella stroller won't be enough for her... But I also don't want to have a big, huge, clunky stroller on the buses and whatnot. We are staying at the Dolphin, so we'd only be getting bused to MK and AK (so it's not that big a deal, but still).

What did you bring? Did it work out?? HELP! lol

Any thoughts or helpful comments are greatly appreciated.
:rolleyes:
Go with the Chicco-- we brought our 6 month old in September and brought our mcclaren stroller. The umbrella stroller probably isn't comfortable enough, especially for naps, and the jogging stroller is too big and bulky. We brought our mcclaren stroller which is super easy to collapse down but comfy enough for the little one! Have a great time!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Go with the Chicco-- we brought our 6 month old in September and brought our mcclaren stroller. The umbrella stroller probably isn't comfortable enough, especially for naps, and the jogging stroller is too big and bulky. We brought our mcclaren stroller which is super easy to collapse down but comfy enough for the little one! Have a great time!

I am definitely leaning towards the Chicco, but it is still somewhat bulky when closed up... I'd still rather have her comfy and us (me and my husband) be the ones inconvenienced! lol Maybe I'll give the stroller job to my hubby lol

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it
:)

KARmom

I have the same dilema for my 2 year old. I decided to go with my graco instead of jogging stroller. One reason is that it reclines more and its also less expensive than my jogger, just in case something happens to it.

I took our maclaren stoller with us on our May 10-17 trip, but I modified it a bit. I altered the reclining feature so it would recline further down so my daughter could take a nap without a problem. I added a handle on the side so when it was folded up I could carry it like a suite case in close quarters. I also added another carrying strap/sling so I could strap it on my back and have it much much more comfortable than the original strap.

The size was perfect for us. We kept a small cooler bag for juice boxes, granola bars, etc...in the bottom web pocket and we also had a backpack with us too. With carabiners, I figured out that I could keep the backpack on the side of the stroller so it wouldn't tip over if I kept the pack on the rear handles. I did the same thing with our water bottles. Just clipped the bottles onto the side frame and kept the stroller balanced and un-tippable when the kiddo got out and wandered around. When it time to fold up the stroller for a bus or boat, I just unclipped the bags and bottles, picked up the cooler bag and we were all set.

Anything larger than the maclaren would have been a pain in close quarters on the bus, in the part etc... I watched people carrying larger, bulkier strollers on the bus, boats, etc... and it looked like it was a burden. I could fold the stroller an keep it right in front of me, even on the boats with benches, without it getting in anyone's way.

At night I bought some blinking led light pins and placed them on the stroller awning and the kid to add to the visibility. the World Showcase gets really dark after the fireworks and the lights keeps people from walking into the stroller.

SAV

Over the years we had brought many different types of stroller to the parks. Our preference was the one between the umbrella and the big travel system. The main things we looked for and needed was small size, it had to recline, it had to have the sun shade, it had to have a tray for us, it had to have a tray for them and had to have a basket underneath. I also wanted a sturdy footrest for the kids because of a bad experience with the umbrella stroller on one trip.

The exact one we used to have is not available anymore, but is similar to this one:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...&cp=2273443.2256189.2256203&parentPage=search

We used a single city mini last time we went, and liked it so much that we purchased the double (used) for our next trip. SUPER easy to collapse, not too expensive, huge sun shades, and the double is actually only 3 inches wider than the single (not that you asked about that part ;))
I think you need a nice balance between easy to drive and fold up, and comfortable for the kids (padding, recline, sun shades) - I personally don't think an umbrella stroller cuts it if your child is in it for any length of time, but that might just be me!

boilerpicc

We have done two trips with the Chicco Liteway and will be doing a third in September. I originally bought the stroller, because it was the most compact one I could find that was still considered safe for a 3 month old. It reclines enough for my daughter to take a nap, but is small enough to fit easily on the busses. I love that stroller. It has been through 2 WDW trips, lots of plane rides, and still pushes smoothly.

DizneyPryncess

We take our jogging stroller. Our regular stroller is just as bulky, so we chose the one that was easier for us to push. It also reclines, so it made it easier for DD to possibly nap in the stroller if she needed to. Plus it had a cup holder & tray for snacks & drinks for her. That was necessary for us. We tried a lightweight stroller that had a tray, but it didn't have a canopy. When it rained, we switched back to the jogging stroller for the canopy to pull over her. It's tricky, you just have to pick what works best for your family. :)

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We take our jogging stroller. Our regular stroller is just as bulky, so we chose the one that was easier for us to push. It also reclines, so it made it easier for DD to possibly nap in the stroller if she needed to. Plus it had a cup holder & tray for snacks & drinks for her. That was necessary for us. We tried a lightweight stroller that had a tray, but it didn't have a canopy. When it rained, we switched back to the jogging stroller for the canopy to pull over her. It's tricky, you just have to pick what works best for your family. :)

I am all for bringing the lightweight one, but I love my Chicco one, but I'm afraid it's going to be a pain the butt for hubby or myself to carry on and off the busses... With that being said, we are staying at the Dolphin (EPCOT resort) and will walk to EPCOT and HS so we don't have to worry about the buses every single day... That's the only thing that is making me want to bring what I like (and what my baby is used to). I have a stroller rain jacket that I got on amazon for 15.

DizneyPryncess

I am all for bringing the lightweight one, but I love my Chicco one, but I'm afraid it's going to be a pain the butt for hubby or myself to carry on and off the busses... With that being said, we are staying at the Dolphin (EPCOT resort) and will walk to EPCOT and HS so we don't have to worry about the buses every single day... That's the only thing that is making me want to bring what I like (and what my baby is used to). I have a stroller rain jacket that I got on amazon for 15.

That sounds like a good plan. We stay at resorts on the Boardwalk often, and it really does make it easier to be able to walk to Epcot & DHS. I also agree that it's nice having what the baby is used to!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I totally bought the single City Mini and we love it!!!

Thanks for all of your wonderful suggestions!! They were all greatly appreciated :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom