Chefs De France -- Opinions Please

ArielWannaBe

Original Poster
I have read a few people complain about the waiters here ...

I'm wondering about other peoples experiences with the service ... and the food of course! I have never been there but we have an ADR for October!

Thanks!

shoppingnut

Any time I have been there, I've never had problems with the service. Although, when I went last year during the free dining, I was so upset that they changed the menu and removed the filet mignon and scalloped potatoes and replaced it with a flank steak and french fries. Since that time, I haven't gone back, but probably will this December.

ArielWannaBe

Original Poster
Any time I have been there, I've never had problems with the service. Although, when I went last year during the free dining, I was so upset that they changed the menu and removed the filet mignon and scalloped potatoes and replaced it with a flank steak and french fries. Since that time, I haven't gone back, but probably will this December.

Oh no! No Filet Mignon!

k.hunter30

We loved our experience at Chefs this past May.

The waiter we had was wonderful (a bit too wonderful if you ask my husband... he was quite flirtatious...)

Each dish we ordered was amazing except for the seared tuna -- we've have MUCH better. Though my father loved the filet he had and the lamb my mother and I ordered was out of this world! The apps and desserts were also very good. We'd definitely go back.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I just ate at Chefs this evening and had mixed feelings.

Our first impression was that it was really cramped where we were seated. We were practically family with the table next to us by the time we were done. We also were not able to hear each other well, as it was very noisy. Our waitress was great though, very friendly and attentive.

Food wise we had mixed feelings. The Lobster bisque and the classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese were both wonderful. I had the grilled Salmon on a potato pancake, and it was really good, but not fantabulous. The potato pancake was more like hash browns in the shape of a pancake! Nothing was bad about it, it just didn't blow me away. DB had the French Menu and the soup as mentioned above was great, the roasted chicken and basil potato, again, were really good but not "great". I dunno... I guess I just wanted it to be a little more than it was, but maybe it was just what we ordered.

Our desserts were really good, he had the creme brulee which was lovely and I had "Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce" :shrug: 'twas good... kinda like the outside of an eclair but with icecream inside. Very yummy. So there you have it, I think we would go back again, but would order something different next time. :wave:

LeeSeeBabe

I will say, that I have posted about my most recent time at Chef de France, I had a terrible, rude waiter. But the time before that (my first time) we had 2 waiters (kinda a backup one) and they were great.

gatordoc

We've always had excellent food and service at Chefs. As opposed to Alfredo's which always had mediocre food and sketchy service - maybe that will improve...

sbkline

I've heard good things about this restaraunt and it's one that I've been wanting to eat at. It was on the list of possibilities for our April 2007 trip, but it didn't make the final cut. But it's on the list for 2008 and I look forward to trying it.

On a related note, I also plan to eat at Le Cellier. Of these two Epcot restaraunts, I plan to eat at one on our very first night (Sunday April 13) and the other on Friday, April 18. From what I've read, Le Cellier seems to be the more popular of the two, so in order to maximize my chances of getting my reservation, would it be wiser to try for Le Chefs de France on Sunday and Le Cellier on Friday? The reason being that since Friday is a few days farther out, maybe from my 180 day mark (Oct 16), it won't be as likely to be booked up for Friday yet as it will for the preceding Sunday.

I divided my restaurant choices into table service and buffet. I booked the table service first, in order of preference and what I guessed as most difficult to get into. When those were done then I booked the buffets, filling in the holes. There are going to be some restaurants, like LeCellier, CRT and Coral Reef that will be more difficult to get, so book those first, the larger restaurants and buffets will be easier to get and so use those to fill in your schedule.

I filled in our schedule completely, but there are one or two adrs that I would like to switch out. At this point I am not going to cancel them until I can get the choices I really want. I will keep trying, but at least I know that I will be eating somewhere every night.:slurp:

And yes, Chefs is one that I want to keep this visit!

We had dinner there back in July and although we have only gone on one other occasion, both times the service and food were very good. We would go back again, especially for the great French Onion soup and desserts.

BRER STITCH

We're trying it for the first time this December.

I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks for all the comments, too! It's fun to hear what others think about a place, (though we rarely let it sway our choice) ! :lol:

Bon Apetite'!!!

:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom