Chefs de France dinner?

PrincessRachelT

Original Poster
My husband made a reservation for Chefs de France dinner in October, and I couldn't find any newish threads on their pre fixed menu for dinner. Has anyone been there recently and what was your experience?

LeighM

It's been a couple of years since I've eaten there, but the last time we ordered from the prix fixe menu for the dining plan. The bread they brought out was freshly made and was fantastic. My husband ate most of the bread instead of the salad he ordered for the appetizer. I had the lobster bisque, which was some of the best lobster bisque I ever had. I could've had a bowl of that for dinner and been very happy. For the entree, he had the Beef Short Ribs, which he thought was good but wasn't something he would order again. He said he was expecting different flavors. I had the baked macaroni, which was good but incredibly rich. It didn't stop me from eating every bite though, which is the reason I can't remember what I had for the dessert. After the appetizer and entree, I was too full to enjoy the dessert. My husband had the creme brulee and he absolutely loved that. I would definitely go back. As for the experience, we were seated in a place where the tables were very close together and it was very chaotic. Mainly because it was a downpour outside and people didn't want to leave their tables after dinner.

Last edited:

maelstrom98

Love the prix fix! We had a wonderful experience last time we were there, and made reservations to go back in November. I had the duck and I've been dreaming about it since. Also agree that the lobster bisque was incredible!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Love the prix fix! We had a wonderful experience last time we were there, and made reservations to go back in November. I had the duck and I've been dreaming about it since. Also agree that the lobster bisque was incredible!

The duck is no longer included in the prix-fixe menu. :(

officialtom

Absolutely loved it last January and would definitely go back. We had a great server (Xavier) and I think it was our best meal of the trip.

These are the notes I wrote after the meal (for the TR I haven't written yet...):

-chefs de France, filet de boeuf. Mom short ribs, dad duck. Xavier. Unbelievably delicious, tender beef, perfectly cooked polenta, tasted like dessert. Xavier explained each dish like he'd cooked it. Strawberry cream cake with Strawberry sorbet, dad chocolate creme, mom profiteroles.

JoMarch

Hi! We just ate at "Chefs de France" last week and had the price fixed menu. I thought it was worth it! We had the Filet de boeuf and the Macaroni and cheese, salads and dessert!

Jess G

For anyone who has experienced both... would you say chefs de france would be a better option then rose and crown? This thread is swaying me from my original plan lol

JillC LI

Is the price fixe menu part of the meal plan? I'm looking forward to eating here in January, and we have the standard DP.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
For anyone who has experienced both... would you say chefs de france would be a better option then rose and crown? This thread is swaying me from my original plan lol

They're rather different experiences, pub vs. bistro, both are good for what they are, but the "better" option is going to depend on your preferences.

Myself, I prefer Chefs de France for dinner.

BlackCauldron

We just ate at Chefs 2 weeks ago. The prix fixe is still on the menu and it does count as one credit on the dining plan. You receive a choice of appetizer, your entree and your dessert.

For apps, I ordered the lobster bisque and a table-mate ordered the salad. For entrees, I had the salmon and she had the chicken. Note that, even though you are on the prix fixe menu, you get standard sized portions. My soup was a nie big bowl, and her salad was massive. Same with the entrees - HUGE portions.

My advice would be to go with the prix fixe, provided that you think you will enjoy one of the entrees. If you have your heart set on the duck breast, just order off the regular menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom