Chef Mickeys or Tusker House?

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Hi, after opinions on whether people would choose chef mickeys for breakfast or Tusker house??
I appreciate characters differ at these but happy with that regardless of choice...
Wanting opinions on quality of food and overall experience?

Swaying towards Tusker for lunch atm unless people feel the other maybe better...
Reason for going is my sons 4th birthday!

belledream

I've only been to Chef Mickey's for dinner so I can't comment on the breakfast food, but the atmosphere is pretty cool. To see the monorail whoosh in and out of the building while you eat...we thoroughly enjoyed that as two 20 year olds - I imagine a 4 year old would love it very much! In our experience, the character interaction was a little rushed, but maybe that's also because we didn't have any kids.

Tusker House lunch was a good meal. We are adventurous eaters, and the African/Indian/American cuisine definitely stepped out of the typical Disney-shell of buffet food. Character interaction was fun - it was cute to see them in their safari gear. The decor really takes you somewhere else!

Victor Kelly

Tusker House. Really nice atmosphere. The characters move around the restaurant faster. The buffet it huge, the buffet area is even bigger than most on property.

HouCuseChickie

I know Tusker gets lots of good reviews, but our one time eating Tusker breakfast was pretty bad. We had an 8:10am adr...the food was picked over and never replenished, the service had so many issues that morning, and the characters all needed a strong cup of coffee. The only real pros were 1. getting to see AK before it opened (and had it not taken our server 15 min to get us our chk)-> 2. would have beaten the crowds to the top attractions since we were already deep in the park.

Chef Mickey's has been consistently good for us...a few hiccups here and there with service and the food is very average breakfast food...but I'd always pick Chef Mickey's for breakfast over Tusker. On top of that, if you're celebrating a bday, you have better cake options at Chef Mickey's if you wanted to have a custom bday cake delivered to the meal. While early, if you can make the 7am ADR slot at Chef Mickey's, you have enough time for breakfast and can make rope drop at pretty much any park. Obviously, MK is the easiest, but we've made park opening at Epcot and DHS a couple of times after having that early Chef Mickey's seating.

MegRuss626

We've done Chef Mickey's for breakfast more times than I can count! Love the location! Never had any probs!

We've eaten at Tusker House twice for breakfast and we keep going back for one big perk...if you get the earliest reservation (8am) you can be done eating as the park opens and get right on the safari (it's right next door) with absolutely no wait.

Characters are basically the same at each. Food at Chef Mickey's is traditional breakfast and Tuskey House has ethnic options with some traditional breakfast foods.

Dog Ate Mouse

Now far as the two for breakfast I would choose Chef Mickey's. I was spoiled by Boma's for breakfast and that is why I say Chef Mickeys. Now let me expand to say I have been to the Tusker House for Breakfast lunch and dinner and was really surprised how good the food was for lunch and dinner. I also feel if I would have had breakfast first at Tusker House I would have rated it it well like I do for Lunch and Dinner. It's just that Boma's is so good and has spoiled me.

loveglobe

Tusker house has really yummy interesting food. Chef mickeys apparently has not so great food (according to what I've heard - it's been many years since I ate there). But CM has that cool atrium atmosphere and you can't beat the monorail whooshing by every few minutes. Both I think have the same assortment of characters though at TH they're wearing safari outfits. So I think you'll want to choose what's more important to you - atmosphere or food quality. Personally, on our last trip I wasn't able to get an adr at CM so we "settled" for TH. Well my toddler loved the characters and my very picky mom loved the food as did I so we ended up going back later in our trip.

blreinsel

Though I've never eaten at TH, I absolutely love Chef Mickey's! I ate there for breakfast with my family in August 2014 and have only positive things to say about our experience. The food was delicious, even though it was typical breakfast buffet food. I've often heard people complain about the character interactions being rushed, but this was absolutely not the case with us. My party consisted of 5 adults and 1 child (age 6). Each character posed for individual pictures with myself, my friend, and my nephew. My mom also posed for a picture with a few of the characters. In addition to all of those pictures, I took a "selfie" with each character. And lastly, myself, my friend, and my nephew all had photo mats that we had the characters sign. In my opinion and experience, character interactions last for as long as you need them to. I give Chef Mickey's a glowing recommendation! :inlove:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm a TH fan, but for a 4th birthday, it's hard to beat Chef Mickeys. I think he'll enjoy the environment, and I think the show they do and the character interaction is far superior to TH.

polynesiangirl

The last time we ate at chef Mickey's I thought it was awful. It may have just been me, though, I was like 8 weeks pregnant at the time and nothing seemed good. Lots of heat-lamped stuff, though, which was unappealing. I've eaten there years before and it was OK though.

Metilinos

I've done both for breakfast, we are doing Chef Mickeys later one of the days in our upcoming trip.

Foodwise, don't really consider much. From what I can tell, breakfast is pretty similar and cut and dry across the board at each location. There may be a couple different options but it's mostly the same; my guess the reasoning behind it is that it's probably hard to differ breakfast foods. Tusker has a bug juice that's interesting though. Worth trying. Chef Mickeys is a little louder and I feel like the characters come around a little more.

Bugz

We like Chef Mickeys, Its a hard choice but the atmosphere with the monorail and the building itself is just too cool , the food is good but not the best ever but we go again for the tradition and its close to the MK ( another perk) just being close to Magic Kingdom is magic!!:)

righttrack

Given the distance between the location is so varied, where do you want to be that day, park-wise? That may answer the question for you.

As for the choices in and of themselves, I choose Tusker House based on the food, and Chef Mickey's based on location. The Contemporary lobby should be seen as it is a classic WDW vision. Riding through it on the monorail is sufficient, to a degree, however. Generally speaking we as a family would choose Tusker House. We like to vary food on a week's vacation. I find that Chef Mickey's is fairly plain and boring food-wise.

KLinder7

Tusker House breakfast wins for me. And unless you are staying close to Chef Mickey's it could be a pain to wake up extra early and make your way to the Contemporary.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Think it will probably be Tusker on a day we visit AK...
If we were to eat at chef mickeys and then go to MK for opening for example we would be setting off very early from the Dolphin!
Thanks for all your responses... Think we may do lunch at Tusker :)

KLinder7

Think it will probably be Tusker on a day we visit AK...
If we were to eat at chef mickeys and then go to MK for opening for example we would be setting off very early from the Dolphin!
Thanks for all your responses... Think we may do lunch at Tusker :)
If you can afford, taxi it, if not bus to MK and then monorail it.

jimbojones

As others have said, Tusker for food quality Chef Mickey for kid fun. Chef Mickeys definitely falls in the the "meh" category. I would put it on par with a Waffle House or House of Pancakes breakfast. I have had good meals at Tusker House where there is better variety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom