Chef Mickey's For Adults?

PamelaNiebergal

We're going to Disneyworld for our honeymoon and I was just wondering if you guys would recommend doing a character breakfast (we are thinking of Chef Mickey's) even though we don't have kids. Also, how is the food there? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

WDWKat26

Heck yeah! Chef Mickey's is a great place to go to for a honeymoon character breakfast! Just make sure you let them know it's your Honeymoon! My sister and I go there all the time for Dinner and as long as you make it fun with the Characters it'll be a lot of fun! I'm 20 and I still run up to Goofy every time I see him and go, "YOU'RE MY FAVORITE!" I have no shame! Have a great honeymoon!

P.S-The food is really good, definitely a good selection! :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Go and have a great meal. Don't worry about being out of place because you won't be. There are always tables made up of just adults.

Don't forget to let them know its your honeymoon, you just may get a special suprise!
That goes for your reservations and all your PS. Congratulations! :wave:

Upvote 0

Robfasto

Agreed, my wife and I have eaten at Chef Mickey's a number of times and always have a great time. We love the food and that makes it all worth while. You will notice that there are a lot of couples and groups eatting that don't have children.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I had dinner in Chef Mickey's in December and am planning to go back again!!! I thought the food was well prepared, presented nicely, and the atmosphere was great. I just have to remember to save some more room for dessert next time!!! As far as doing any character meal, HECK YES!!!!!!!! Never ever be made to feel that you are too old for such things. If you think that you would like to do something like that because it would put a smile on your face, by all means GO FOR IT!!!!!! Dont forget to bring the camera for many shots with your favorite characters without tracking all over the park looking for them!!! Belle

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

My dh loves Chef Mickey's for me and him . We love both breakfast and Dinner and its a tradition to try and eat there each time we go except this next trip we are trying Crystal palace for breakfast

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Definitely go! You'll enjoy it. I've been there several times with just adults. The characters are great, the food is wonderful and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Congrats too!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

jesserin

I'm going to differ from the crowd here and say skip Chef Mickey's - here's why:

1. It's a buffet - which means when the characters come around, if one or both of you is at the buffet you might miss some of the characters (and this notoriously happens to us every time...)

2. It's rather loud - and I'm used to loud as I went from a 7 member family to just the two of us - We did eat at Chef Mickey's and frankly out of all the character meals - this was by far our least favorite. They play the Mickey's Birthday song every 20 min or so and by the time you're finished dining - it really gets old...

3. There are so many better options that if you're only choosing one or two - this one is worth skipping...

Our favorite character breakfast by far is Ohana at the Polynesian - here's why:

1. The meal is served family style - meaning you don't have to get up and feed at the trough (thats how buffet's feel to me ;)) They bring out everything right to your table... it's still all you can eat - but instead of getting in line at the buffet each time you want something - you just ask your server and she'll bring more of whatever you need.

2. The characters are really unique as they are dressed up in full Hawiian style! Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale really make an entrance at this character breakfast... yet it's much more laid back and we didn't feel near as rushed... Also it has a more romantic setting and the whole atmosphere is so great for couples or families.

3. The food is the best part of this meal - (well, the characters too - but the food is really really great) They start you off with warm pineapple bread and some fresh fruit with your juice/coffee/drink of choice - then comes the platter with all the hot dishes: eggs, mickey waffles, hashbrowns, buscuits, bacon, sausage, and more! It's super yummy and of course... all you care to eat!

Just a different opinion I guess - but we did do both Chef Mickey's and Ohana on our honeymoon - and the pictures and memories from Ohana far outweigh the one's from CM's! Hope this helps you out a little! :)

Upvote 0

SpectroMan

Why not?

I spent my 18th birthday breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, and there were no kids around.

It depends on if you will feel out of place or not. It's a great time: good food and a little entertainment with the characters.

Upvote 0

DisneyWood

A definite yes

PamelaNiebergal said:
We're going to Disneyworld for our honeymoon and I was just wondering if you guys would recommend doing a character breakfast (we are thinking of Chef Mickey's) even though we don't have kids. Also, how is the food there? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I took my children (& niece and nephew) to Chef Mickeys for dinner on our last trip for the first time and had a fabulous time. I may have had a better time than my children.

The food was incredible (especially the dessert bar), and the atmosphere was fantastic.

You will not feel out of place at all. You will have a great time.

By the way, congratulations on the marriage and have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Scooter

If you don't mind noise and screaming children, then Chef Mickey's is the place for you.

My wife and I ate breakfast there once w/o the kids and we didn't care for it.
Every half hour or so they play music and everyone is supposed to wave their table napkins around.

We aren't morning people so needless to say, this was too much activity that early in the morning for us.

When the kids were little we took them to Chef Mickeys and we all had a blast.

Now I'm at that age where I just want to eat my meals in peace and quiet and be left alone.

Now we have breakfast at The Concourse Steakhouse when we stay at The Contemporary Resort. Love those Sticky Mickey's :slurp:

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

We went on a character breakfast for our honeymoon (no kids). It was a BLAST! :) Let them know it's your honeymoon. For us, we headed to Donald's Restrauntosaurus in the Animal Kingdom. (It's a 1st morning tradition for us.) Our host found out and soon, Mickey and came over and the host got the whole restruant chanting "Kiss kiss kiss kiss!" It was great! :) We got a quick smooch (with a playful warning as soon as our lips touched from the host that "This is a family park") and then Mickey poked fun at me blushing. It was great! :)

Upvote 0

-SIR-

We are going to WDW to Celebrate our Graduation and are eating at the Crystal Palace for dinner... how is that? Should we mention that we are Grads? I hope its a really great place b/c its the only chracter thing I could get a PS for... the food sounds okay

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

-SIR- said:
We are going to WDW to Celebrate our Graduation and are eating at the Crystal Palace for dinner... how is that? Should we mention that we are Grads? I hope its a really great place b/c its the only chracter thing I could get a PS for... the food sounds okay

Wow - you must be going during a really busy time. We have rarely had a problem getting Priority seating for Donald's restruantosaurus (and we actually enjoy the food).

I would DEFINATELY tell them you're celebrating your graduation. Tell everyone! You never know what surprises they'll have in store. Congrads on the grad! :)

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all the advice. I booked the breakfast today and can't wait to go. I love noise, and the characters and all the disney craziness so I'm sure I will have a great time.:wave:

Upvote 0

Carolwood

Chef Mickey's for adults

We've done Chef Mickey's with and without kids. Fun either way! Like everyone else said, be sure to tell them, your on your honeymoon. Have a great time

Carolwood

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom