Cheap airline tickets?

Liz318

Original Poster
Does anyone have any secrets for scoring cheap tickets? We're a family of 4. Our trip is in November. The cheapest I've gotten so far is $1700!
And also, any tips on being a calm flyer? I despise flying!

mickeysshoes

We like JetBlue or Southwest for the cheapest in town. And flying early AM or late PM will being in the lower costs also. JetBlue has a TV at every seat (free, just bring head phones with you) so that might help you take you mind of the flight and pass the time quicker.

pug

Does anyone have any secrets for scoring cheap tickets? We're a family of 4. Our trip is in November. The cheapest I've gotten so far is $1700!
And also, any tips on being a calm flyer? I despise flying!
Use southwest!

pug

Southwest has wifi for $8 and movies for $5 and texting use on your phone for $2 and you get a 2 snacks and a free drink:)

rwdavis2

The expensive and less expensive, rarely cheap. But Jet Blue or Southwest will probably be your best bets out of NYC. What part of NYC. How about a NJ airport? Connecticut?

Phonedave

Often you can do better by flying out of other airports, if you do not mind the drive. I see flights out of Westchester Airport on Delta for $226 per person around the time you are going.

JFK and Newark are both going to be more expensive (but worth it to me to avoid LGA)

-dave

Weather_Lady

I recommend JetBlue -- especially if you're an anxious flyer, as the seatback TVs are a wonderful distraction! I also like to take a deep breath, say a little prayer before takeoff, and remind myself that the odds of a plane crash are something like 1 in 31 million -- and that the only realistically dangerous part of the journey was the part I've already completed -- the car trip to the airport!

We save about 50% on our JetBlue flights by using a JetBlue American Express card. (There is a $40 annual fee. I use it for practically everything and pay it off in full every month, on time, so there's never any interest charges or late fees.) Every year, putting about $2,500 per month on the card, I earn enough points for one roundtrip flight between Syracuse, NY and Orlando.

With JetBlue, cheapest fares are released first and the price only goes up. You can sign up on their website for e-mail notifications every time the schedule is extended and new fares released. In the event you book and there's a special discount or sale offered later, you can have the difference refunded as a credit toward future travel.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom